Achievement Guide & Roadmap

A Twisted Smile

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I have made several video guides for some of the hardest achievements in kinect sports. I will leave my link below. If anyone reading this needs help with a certain achievement just send me a msg or reply to this thread and I will make a video for you showing my best tips and tricks for the achievement. I'm sorry I don't have enough time to go through every page on this thread to see who needs help so please message me if you do.

VIDEO ACHIEVEMENT GUIDES HERE.

Thanks.

You should be posting in a new thread not somebody elses.

Maybe a stupid question, but does a split in One Bowl Roll count toward the achievement if you knock it down?

Also, every time I try Pin Rush, the ball never seems to want to release from my left hand. I constantly get a bowling ball "stuck" to my left hand. I'm doing the windmill method, and my arm is clearly making a throwing motion, but the ball only gets thrown maybe 20% of the time. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe a stupid question, but does a split in One Bowl Roll count toward the achievement if you knock it down?

Also, every time I try Pin Rush, the ball never seems to want to release from my left hand. I constantly get a bowling ball "stuck" to my left hand. I'm doing the windmill method, and my arm is clearly making a throwing motion, but the ball only gets thrown maybe 20% of the time. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't think it count for the split achievement.

As for pin rush try this method :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_2PLd01RiI&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Kinect Pin Rush Highest Score Ever! 14,270[/ame]

Thanks Twisted Smile for this nice and well-arranged guide!

Btw. for this two achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1516/5-pUsm4=.jpg Have That Too 30:gsicon:

Hit 3 or more consecutive smashes in the Target Smash Table Tennis mini-game

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1516/5-h1u9s=.jpg Target Teaser 25:gsicon:

Scored 130 or more in the Target Smash Table Tennis mini-game

I've found this video. It shows how to get both of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H06e1HtzkII]YouTube - Kinect Sports Achievement Guide: Target Teaser and Have That Too[/ame]

I don't think it count for the split achievement.

As for pin rush try this method :

I've seen that video a long time ago, and that strategy on about every site. My problem is that the ball doesn't seem to want to register leaving my left hand. I windmill both arms, but only the right ever seems to throw. After one attempt I'm too frustrated to keep trying, since it drives me crazy that the ball doesn't seem to want to let go.

I've seen that video a long time ago, and that strategy on about every site. My problem is that the ball doesn't seem to want to register leaving my left hand. I windmill both arms, but only the right ever seems to throw. After one attempt I'm too frustrated to keep trying, since it drives me crazy that the ball doesn't seem to want to let go.

Is it working if go with your left hand only ?

And just before the mini-game start go to pause menu and Kinect Tuner, then do the tracking stuff, maybe it will help...

After mounting my camera ontop of the tv Kilometer King was a piece of piss!

I was actually going to post a question about this... I'm having an extremely hard time with Track and Field on Champion, mainly because I get destroyed in Sprint and Hurdles. I've watched the Rare video guides, and it doesn't look like they put an immense amount of effort into running (certainly not more than I do), yet they seem to run really really fast in the videos. Is there a trick to getting the game to register a faster run? I pick my knees up about waist level when I run, since that's what I've seen in the achievement guide videos, but is there any other trick? Like keeping my knees spread apart more so it recognizes individual leg movement? What about lighting? I have a lamp right next to my TV, and one on the other side of the room, maybe 20-25 feet away. I'm about 8-10 feet in front of my TV. Should I reduce lighting behind me?

Thanks for any help.

I was actually going to post a question about this... I'm having an extremely hard time with Track and Field on Champion, mainly because I get destroyed in Sprint and Hurdles. I've watched the Rare video guides, and it doesn't look like they put an immense amount of effort into running (certainly not more than I do), yet they seem to run really really fast in the videos. Is there a trick to getting the game to register a faster run? I pick my knees up about waist level when I run, since that's what I've seen in the achievement guide videos, but is there any other trick? Like keeping my knees spread apart more so it recognizes individual leg movement? What about lighting? I have a lamp right next to my TV, and one on the other side of the room, maybe 20-25 feet away. I'm about 8-10 feet in front of my TV. Should I reduce lighting behind me?

Thanks for any help.

Since mounting my camera its now at eye height and its tracking my knee movements a lot better. Im not running on the spot faster than before but my av is without a doubt.

Turn off the lamp near the tv as the glare can effect the camera so use the main lights in the room to light up the play area.

Is anybody else having trouble unlocking Have that to?

I just got to 170 with multiple smashes in a row and i never got the achievement help?

I didn't have a problem with this one. To get the achievement, you have to smash into a 2 or 3 target three times in a row. So get at least two 2 targets, turn one into a 3, hit the three, then hit your smash into the remaining two target. This is automatically give you another smash. Your first smash should've created a 2 target. So hit your second smash into this 2 target for another smash. Then just repeat.

You may have been confused if you got a smash, hit it, created a 3, then got another smash. The smashes have to be back-to-back. Each smash has to hit a 2 or 3 so it comes back to smash again.

Hope this helps.

I didn't have a problem with this one. To get the achievement, you have to smash into a 2 or 3 target three times in a row. So get at least two 2 targets, turn one into a 3, hit the three, then hit your smash into the remaining two target. This is automatically give you another smash. Your first smash should've created a 2 target. So hit your second smash into this 2 target for another smash. Then just repeat.

You may have been confused if you got a smash, hit it, created a 3, then got another smash. The smashes have to be back-to-back. Each smash has to hit a 2 or 3 so it comes back to smash again.

Hope this helps.

I was doing that and it wasnt unlocking it finally did at some point while playing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, a huge thanks to everyone who has stayed positive and been encouraging since I posted this guide. I appreciate that it has taken me an incredibly long time to finish - however I have been incredibly busy with real life, as I am building up to the start of my final GCSE's in a few weeks time and simply have not had the time to update this at all.

Secondly, a massive personal thank you to Extreme Washing Machine, for his faith and encouragement. It means a lot to me that you helped run this in my absence, so thank you.

Next, thanks to whoever stickied this. I thought that it would die when I left, but apparently not, which has pushed me to finish writing it.

Its a shame twisted smile never finished his guide, it had the makings of being on the main page :(

And with that, it is my great pleasure to announce that the Kinect Sports Achievement Guide is finally finished. Thanks for your patience, even if this is three months late.. :3

Oh, and I've added as many videos as possible, courtesy of RareLimited, to help you all out ^^

I am now off to submit it for inspection ;o