Achievement Discussion

Quite a substantial amount of gamerscore attached to beating the game on the hardest difficulties.

Overall, it looks like a challenging list, and will likely require multiple playthroughs to complete. I'm curious if your research and weapon development will be allowed to carry over to a new game? That would make the harder difficulties a lot easier.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this game. The fall is quickly filling out to be quite promising.

• 2 weeks later...
Wait, what? MP? Coop or...?? :confused:

been watching some Vids regarding the MP for Xcom:EU looks like its Xcom Vs Aliens set team "size" pick/equip/skill up your squad then Tactical turnbased Vs mode if they put in Vs AI idk most of what ive seen has been 2 players mucking around. If youve got a US gamer profile download the IGN app and search on there for Xcom a few Vids 1 shows people playing the MP

• 4 weeks later...
Are we sure these lists are legit? The devs kept referring to a "bubonic" achievement for beating someone else with it in multiplayer, it's not on either list.

http://games.on.net/2012/09/pc-version-of-xcom-enemy-unknown-is-a-big-deal-to-firaxis/

Plus, only Steam users can earn a unique achievement – Bubonic – spread by anybody who joins a multiplayer match with Solomon. Neat. XCOM: Enemy Unknown arrives in October.

• 1 month later...

They game can be beaten under 10 hours if going straight for the win on normal and below(probably around 3 hours now that I know how to play this better but will have to test it out). But yah 5 plays. They overdid it there imo. Not the worst achievement abuse I've seen but yah.

• 1 month later...

Trophies revealed for the upcoming Slingshot DLC over on the sister site

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/xcom-enemy-unknown/trophies/

Interestingly the achievement names for both this DLC and the second DLC have been up on Steam ever since the game was released but are been missing their descriptions

Edited by widget624

• 7 months later...
A Continental Fellow - Win the Game from each of the 5 Starting Locations

... does that mean 5 Playthroughs oO

I really enjoy the game so I'd eventually playthru as all continents anyway. Game is kinda like CivRev & I have beatin the crap outta that game & still play fairly regularly

• 1 month later...
Is the some way to know on what starting locations I already beat the game?

Not that I know of. The way I´m doing it is by using the guide on the roadmap to make sure I start each plautrough at a specific continent.

However there is an alternate way: if you have a save from each Game you can load them up and see in what continent your base is located.

Hope it helped.