Master Warden/Blight-Queller Achievement Glitched?

xXSerialXx

You have to personally make the killing blow. Whether it be your main character, or an ally, but you have to make the final hit. You'll know you made the killing hit if the EXP earned is shows above your active character. I got the 500 kill achievement when my stars showed almost 900 kills. Both achievements unlocked after I personally killed enemies.

I found a solution that doesn't necessarily require another playthrough as long as you have a save before the Alienage fight:

Happy to report you don't need to delete or reinstall anything...

Farming the Alienage with my party set to just stand around (turn tactics off and they do nothing... Sidenote: Is that supposed to happen?) 10 or so runs later, and my achiev popped.

I have everything installed, all the DLC incl. Awakening... And the most current Patch... This wasn't a solo run, so the Alienage runs were a few more than ELITE Pete had to do.

71/72 Achievies... Now to kill the Harvester on Hard or Nightmare.

This worked for me just fine, and Ive already unlocked Master Warden doing this . I jus save after the conversation but BEFORE approaching the gate to start the fight, then after I've cleared the all I move on to the next area and keep playing that part till it auto-saves just to be safe (it happens when you talk to the soldier right after you start the next area), and I think the total kill count per run is 50, so 20 runs max as long as you ALONE are scoring kills.

The achievement isn't borked, it's fixed. It was borked before when people were getting it from group kills. So the achievement itself is in fact, very very stupid.

The info, btw, comes from Daemon_Lotos Bioware forums.

I just recently received the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition and had no problems getting any of the Darkspawn killing achievements. Though, your warden does need to get the final hit on all 1,000. I received the 100 kill achievements during my origins play through, then the 500 after I imported to Awakening and finally my 1,000 after I went back to do the different story endings with my Origins save.

What I did was play through Origins then all the DLC on the same Warden, then went back for the "perfectionist" achievement on the same Warden. So I am unsure if playing different characters adds to your total kills.

So either I got really lucky or there has been a patch to fix the achievements.

Edited by LostCastle

it must be a glitch

i played through the original story + all of the dlc's with one and the same character!! and no achievement for the darkspawn kills...

and i went through aweking alone without any allies so all darkspawn kills were made by myself... except the final ones in the end of the game

i dont think its glitched i just got the one for 500kills yesterday and it popped on a second playthrough with a completely different charcter right at the beggining after killing about 5 darkspawn. just make sure you make the killing blow.

Okay, I have blight-queller now, and I can affirm that what I posted earlier is definitely accurate. I have some advice I'd like to add:

If you are going to knock out the Perfectionist achievement, save prior to the Landsmeet, and carry on as usual. Bring a healer (Wynne is best) set her to heal, adjust tactics for other party to support or distract, and if you wish, remove their weapons. If you find them getting a lot of kills set to hold position, and manually use your healer to keep you going or for cc if things get hairy. As long as you are leading the charge and manage to grab those kills before anyone else, you should have it pretty quickly. If you do not, a few alienage grinds will fix that.

Difficulty doesn't affect this.

BTW, I think it MUST be one character, but it doesn't matter where you're at (IE you can save a new file and reload another) since it appears to be a master save file, (a hidden file that probably keeps statistics) per character created. I don't think kills count between characters any more than achievements would between gamertags, for example.

Glad I'm almost done with this thing. Good bloody riddance. And good luck to the rest of you.

Edited by Icehearted
typos

Okay, I have blight-queller now, and I can affirm that what I posted earlier is definitely accurate. I have some advice I'd like to add:

If you are going to knock out the Perfectionist achievement, save prior to the Landsmeet, and carry on as usual. Bring a healer (Wynne is best) set her to heal, adjust tactics for other party to support or distract, and if you wish, remove their weapons. If you find them getting a lot of kills set to hold position, and manually use your healer to keep you going or for cc if things get hairy. As long as you are leading the charge and manage to grab those kills before anyone else, you should have it pretty quickly. If you do not, a few alienage grinds will fix that.

Difficulty doesn't affect this.

BTW, I think it MUST be one character, but it doesn't matter where you're at (IE you can save a new file and reload another) since it appears to be a master save file, (a hidden file that probably keeps statistics) per character created. I don't think kills count between characters any more than achievements would between gamertags, for example.

Glad I'm almost done with this thing. Good bloody riddance. And good luck to the rest of you.

this is not true. i got master warden on my second playthrough with a completely different character and blight queller i went back to my original save and got that going for the four endings. it counts all playthroughs. people are just assuming its glitched because they didnt realize that they had to make the final blow. also in the heroic accomplishments where it says darkspawn killed, that number is the total amount that everyone in your party has killed not just you.

I just got Grey Warden for 100 kills... And I have 511 darkspawn kills listed in my stats. I am perfectly away that your controlled character needs to land the final blow for the kill to count towards the achievement, but I think there is something definitely wrong. I made sure to have the killing blow as often as possible myself, and often held my part members back so I can kill the darkspawn myself. My Warden, who I control most of the the time and use for the killing blows, has over 50% contribution to party damage. If it worked as intended, I highly doubt it would take 500+ kills for the 100 kill achievement, especially since I was focusing on getting the kills myself.

Maybe it is that you have to do all the damage to that darkspawn yourself, not just have the killing blow. As in, no other AI controlled ally may damage that darkspawn, only the player controlled char must have done ALL damage.