Platinum Star - Disappointment?

Is anyone else disappointed with the appearance of the platinum star? I mean it looks like the bronze and the silver star made love. I have even got into arguments with the other team and when I would kill them with my platinum star weapon, they would say "Nice silver star, fag" or something like that.

I mean I really don't care that much for what it looks like, but I work hard for the platinum star and it ends up looking like a mediocre silver star. I think the gold stars look way better. They could've added some sort of detail to it, wouldn't you think?

I'm planning on getting all platinum stars for every weapon/gadget and I don't want it to be mistaken as a silver star.

Is anyone else disappointed with the look of the platinum star?

And if you don't agree with me on this, I'd like to state another problem.

Whatever happened to the genre of music for this type of game? I remember that in the first Bad Company there was this type of jazz music followed by a piano. That was one of the main ingredients to the Battlefield: Bad Company series-- plus the smiley faced grenades. :)

Edited by McGoogles

I have to admit, I'm really disappointed with the look of the platinum star. My friend doesn't have a HD TV and you cannot tell the difference between the two. As you said, your so disappointed when people think that you've only got a silver star on a weapon when you've worked so hard for the 1000 kill platinum star! I suppose some people are just so nooby they cant tell the difference!

Is anyone else disappointed with the appearance of the platinum star? I mean it looks like the bronze and the silver star made love. I have even got into arguments with the other team and when I would kill them with my platinum star weapon, they would say "Nice silver star, fag" or something like that.

I mean I really don't care that much for what it looks like, but I work hard for the platinum star and it ends up looking like a mediocre silver star. I think the gold stars look way better. They could've added some sort of detail to it, wouldn't you think?

I'm planning on getting all platinum stars for every weapon/gadget and I don't want it to be mistaken as a silver star.

Is anyone else disappointed with the look of the platinum star?

And if you don't agree with me on this, I'd like to state another problem.

Whatever happened to the genre of music for this type of game? I remember that in the first Bad Company there was this type of jazz music followed by a piano. That was one of the main ingredients to the Battlefield: Bad Company series-- plus the smiley faced grenades. :)

Yep deffo m8 i have platinum on my HEAVY VEHICLES and XM8 COMPACT and i too cannot tell the difference. I have a 42 inc hd tv SHARP AQUOS and the platinum stars look just like the silva stars . Like the above poster said a little tint of red or somthink to make it stand out would be good.

As for the grenades the smiley faces are there. you just dont hold them in front off you like you did in the first bad company. If i remember rightlty you held the nade in your hand before lobbing. yo cant do that in BFBC2

EDIT: or for the platinum issue like the dog taggs when you get killed by a platinum weapon you have a stat page with a list of platinum shrapnel with gamer tags on them so the platinum killer stands out.

Edited by DAUNTEDFLETTY

I'd just like to know how many golds stars you have to earn for a specific weapon before you get your first Platinum star? I have five 5 gold stars on the XM8 and can't find any info on wether or not I'm even close.

Nevermind, found the answer, it's 10 gold stars for those of you that are curious or didn't already know.

Edited by devil in me
found answer

950 kills, so you can imagine why we want a more distinguished emblem

I feel distinguished enough whenever I kill someone. I just got done playing Arica Harbor on defense. Several enemies were on the sniping hill above our base. I went around, killed 1, knifed the other, then killed the last one. They didn't even notice I was there. Retarded :chair

I guess it only matters if a gamer cares what others think. You know it's a platinum medal, why should it matter what someone else thinks? Does this size, shape or color of a "medal" take away from the accomplishment of earning it? I dont think so.

I think we can put too much stock into what others think, when in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

I have even got into arguments with the other team and when I would kill them with my platinum star weapon, they would say "Nice silver star, fag" or something like that.

If people really make fun of you because of your star, thats pretty fucking sad. Tell them to get a life.

i dont care what star is what i just kill or be killed. The only thing i want to do when i have been killed is to hunt down the person who just shot me i take no notice of what star he is on with the certain weapon, who cares i don't

BC 1 , music was good yes , but really irritate me , because in loop over and over after like 5sec.. in the main menu

Yeah..... Um not every 5 seconds, but in bad company 1 the main menu music changed by what level you last played. same as the main menu background.