Just watched someone play the entire thing live.

Shadow Phantasm

*UPDATE* Send me a message or party chat invite on live if you wish to know the endings.

Don't buy or rent, especially if you're a Saw fan - you will be letdown.

*Explanation* The man had over 1000 viewers. He played it for over 10 hours straight and got one ending. Then he went back and got the other ending. I am a huge saw fan so I know how important endings are to people, but it was on justin.tv/ripper93 and EVERYONE was really really let down. It's one of those endings "Wouldn't it be funny if you got through the whole game and it gives you ___________" It was that kind of ending.

UPDATE: Scroll down for reply on why it's terrible.

Edited by Shadow Phantasm

are you serious!? Ive been playing this all night and its a cross breed between silent hill and condemned and i love it, plus i love the saw movies! Though i do find it hard trying to figure out of the game takes place outside of the movie story, or if it has a spot in the movie story, and if so, where does it take place, because with amanda in it, it would mean sometime before 4.

I can't tell you why it's terrible because it'll 'ruin' the ending. But let's just say once you beat it, you will have such a terrible feeling of a wasted time. The ending is NOT a saw ending, no saw music, no nothing and one of the endings is 20 seconds long.

So you only hate this game because of the ending?

Well, I don't care. It can't be worse than the ending of the fifth movie and the gameplay looks decent at least. Gonna buy. I hope I'll get it till the end of the week (Live in Germany ^^)

woh wo WO... what you mean about the 5th ones ending, wtf was wrong with it?

It was total bullshit. Every other film in the franchise had at least a fantastic ending with a great twist. Especially the 1st and 4th one. But this one, we already knew who the bad guy is (not so in the 1st and 4th) and it was not hard to figure what would happen. Besides that, the film was also crappy in every aspect. The detective beeing with Jigsaw even before the first one? Come on that was just retarded. They tried to put anything into the plot just to have Tobin Bell in a flashback.

Also, where did all the money went into? The film itself looked worse than the first one and if Tom Savani sees the make-up, he will probably shout himself.

well, for one, its definitely not as good an ending as some of the others. but two, i knew someone was going into the box/casket thing...but didnt know it would end up the way it did. like you kinda did.. but did you really see the guy getting crushed? not so much.. plus if the other guy(good cop) "chose" to (seeing as how he had a CHOICE but we knew it wouldnt work out that way) then the other guy(bad guy) would actually be screwed unless he could somehow stop himself being crushed by his own trap. which is at least SAW, cuz its like, you get a choice(LIVE OR DIE!! heh), but youre more than likely to choose a certain choice (at least in that specific instance) so ya. idk, ramble ramble. but whats wrong with the guy basically being there watchingg the whole time(being there before the 1st one)? and i thought more tobin bell is a good thing??

ill definitely agree about the twist at the end of movies 1 and 4 though.

and as someone who really likes the movies, i say bring on the 7th and 8th "being-talked-about-movies" with potentially a ninth as jigsaw himself says (tobin in an interview anyways) IF THERES MORE STORY TO TELL-kinda thing, then im allll for it fer sure

Edited by oxsolidxsnakexo

• 9 months later...
are you serious!? Ive been playing this all night and its a cross breed between silent hill and condemned and i love it, plus i love the saw movies! Though i do find it hard trying to figure out of the game takes place outside of the movie story, or if it has a spot in the movie story, and if so, where does it take place, because with amanda in it, it would mean sometime before 4.

The game takes place between the 1st and 2nd movies.