Halo: Reach Vs Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Webster94

Halo: Reach Vs Call Of Duty: Black Ops. If you could only pick one out of the two which one would you buy?

Personally i would choose reach, but then i am expecting the majority to choose reach considering i posted this in the reach forums.

Edited by Webster94

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call of Duty: Black Ops...never really been a Halo fan..although i do have the Halo Xbox (original)...that was pretty cool...but yeah, I'm definitely a COD fan! and this next game looks absolutely amazing...can't wait well have fun playing Reach

How about this, they're different games that appeal to different people. They are both going to be good games and both will have their fanboys that will be willing to troll forums in the blink of an eye trying to start arguments over which one is better. I'm buying both, I'm playing both, and I'll most likely enjoy the shit out of both.

How about this, they're different games that appeal to different people. They are both going to be good games and both will have their fanboys that will be willing to troll forums in the blink of an eye trying to start arguments over which one is better. I'm buying both, I'm playing both, and I'll most likely enjoy the shit out of both.

ill be doing the same thing

you tell them why should we have to pick between the 2 as both gonna be good games.:drunk

I understand that they are both very different and that they appeal to different people, i was just curious as in my opinion they are the the two biggest games that are bound to have both a strong multiplayer and single player.

I was just wondering if you could only pick one, which one would it be?

I mean does the Halo franchise have a special place in your heart, or maybe you you've racked up forty of Call of Duty gameplay and you haven't had enough?

I understand that they are both very different and that they appeal to different people, i was just curious as in my opinion they are the the two biggest games that are bound to have both a strong multiplayer and single player.

I was just wondering if you could only pick one, which one would it be?

I mean does the Halo franchise have a special place in your heart, or maybe you you've racked up forty of Call of Duty gameplay and you haven't had enough?

That's my point though, I wouldn't pick both. If I were somehow forced to, it would probably be Reach just because it has more features. Between campaign, Firefight, Forge and multiplayer there are multiple ways to keep things fresh.

I just don't think Halo vs. CoD is a fair debate because they are so different. Sure they are both FPS but they are miles apart individually. It would be like comparing Super Mario Bros. to The Legend of Zelda.

I have Reach preordered as of last tuesday. It will probably be my MP of choice for a while. Also, I have always thought Treyarch doesn't do near as good of a job as IF does with the COD series. If non of the achievements are online or are fairly easy for Black Ops then I will pick it up also if only for SP and achievements.

Meh, i like Battlefield

Just because the beta sucked doesn't mean the Reach multiplayer will. The developers said it themselves to never assume what you see in the beta to be in the final release; it's merely a testing process.

The beta won't be much different from the full game. It never is. So I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for Reach.

The beta won't be much different from the full game. It never is. So I don't see why it wouldn't be the case for Reach.

The point of the beta was to fix flaws in multiplayer and they have. Bungie has fixed the double melee, and overpowered frag grenades for example. Also the beta only had a few maps whereas the full game will have a bunch more as well as different gametypes/playlists so you can't judge a game based on its beta.

That's really nice of them (I mean it), but the core gameplay remains flawed. The pace is too slow and loadouts make everything too inconsistent. I don't think those points will be fixed since those are design decisions.

Just curious, but how is it flawed? The changes they've made to the beta has increased the pace of the game; they've increased the speed at which the bloom resets, allowing you to land shots more quickly with much more accuracy, and given certain weapons larger ammo clips. They've also increased the movement speed and jump height some. Also, the loadouts are there to help you in a bind when the situation isn't always ideal. No more are you going to spawn with only an AR&Pistol; but instead a more situation-specific combination of weapons to help you defeat your enemies quicker, instead of scavenging the map for weapon respawns.

Edited by Kraderic