Informer missions annoying the hell out of me

Rascalov

I'm trying to do the last one in Jerusalem Memory Block 6 and I'm just not getting anywhere. I *always* get caught by the guards when trying to assassinate the targets. They are everywhere and have eagle-eyed vision. When you get caught you have to start the whole mission over again which adds to the annoyingness. Just wondered if anyone had any tips. I've played and beaten AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations, but this Informer shit is the hardest mission I've played in the series. AC1 is by far the hardest game in the series too, in my opinion.

Well, if you're only after achievements, the Informer mission is pointless to begin with. Disciple of the Creed is a glitched achievement and tends to unlock even if you didn't meet the prerequisite of having a full DNA bar before assassinating all targets. It should unlock after taking out Roberto in Memory Block 6 as well. If it doesn't, go back and worry about the informer mission once the game is completed (occurs soon) and then kill Roberto again for the achievement to pop.

I was able to complete that one though. It's best if you handle the furthest ones first and then go in for the closer ones to kill. The guards will be on high-alert in the other areas that way, and then you just have to do a quick stealth assassinations and flee to the informer without bumping into anyone.

I was actually caught more as I was climbing too. So if you can avoid the beggers and drunks, stay on the ground for it.

Interesting to hear that you feel this is the hardest game in the series though. I just completed it yesterday, and I thought it was one of the easiest titles I've played so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Enough repeats get it eventually, even the timed ones. I've always found retreating after a main target had the guards more suspicious. Remember to eagle vision for guards nearby before you make a kill, and keep referring to the map when you're planning who to go for next in the multi-target informer missions.