Soldier

TheGimper

The archer can use bows as well as daggers.

In coop, my archer buddy was a huge help. The bows can freeze enemies and poison them.

As you go on as archer, it's a good tactic to induce a status effect on the bad guy, then switch to a dagger and use soldier tactics.

Sorceress is very similar using magic for ranged and staffs for close-combat.

• 2 weeks later...

I have played about the first 5 quest as the Sorceress, she's pretty good, ranged attacks and staff just like the archer, but her magic is better against certain enemies, and her healing ability is very handy (I just sell the healing potions for items now). Give each one a try, play a couple of levels and see how you like them, I just wanted something different after playing eternal sonata for like 40 hours...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nothing can rival the God's Blessing spell for the soldier. After I beat the game, it took no time at all getting to 20 using this invincibility spell to boost my AE and my AE to knock down any enemies left standing. Until I got my invincibility spell however, my friend's archer was the one doing all the work. We both killed things in one hit, but he was able to hit them from afar.