Achievement Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somebody on the Xbox.com forums already has 25/28 achievement points so they can't be that hard.

Another person I checked has 900.

Here's a quote:

"Achievements (These have been so easy to get! Most just take time! I had an easier time with these than I did with King Kong... Of course, I'm really bad at FPS's and that stupid game kept glitching....)"

They are pretty easy, but you have to keep one thing in mind -- the 50 million point achievement means you're going to have to sing at least 500 songs, and that's if you diamond every one (100,000 * 500 = 50 million). So count on playing this for more than 30 hours if you want to get 1000/1000.

They are pretty easy, but you have to keep one thing in mind -- the 50 million point achievement means you're going to have to sing at least 500 songs, and that's if you diamond every one (100,000 * 500 = 50 million). So count on playing this for more than 30 hours if you want to get 1000/1000.

Ouch. I don't know if I can listen to myself for that long......lol:woop:

They look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard. The game will suck and to bad the achievements have to suck as well

I actually think this game will be really easy, especially if I'm hearing that Rock Band is harder! The achievements are pretty simple. Some of them, like other people are saying, are just time consuming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The achievements really arent that bad, just started doing them and worst case as its been mentioned you "can" put the mic up to your speakers (surround work the best) and just perfect songs.

Only annoying ones are the 50mil and the online since nobody is ever on

World Idol and American Idol are stackable: if your first full tournament is on Expert, you'll get both.

Keep in mind that you get credit for a Diamond record no matter what the difficulty is. What I do with songs I know is start on Expert and work my way down, but you can do the same thing starting at Hard or even Medium ... start as high as you can and keep going down until you get a perfect score. This also helps to boost your score for the leaderboards: there are two categories that count your best score for each song at each difficulty level (one is for the included songs only, one is for all songs).

For World Idol, like in the PS2 version, keep in mind that you can only use a song once per round. What I recommend is to practice until you have one-note, two-note, and three-note songs on which you can get Platinum on Expert. There are six songs in the final set: if you can put six three-note songs in your Platinum collection, you'll be fine. (I had three songs where I got between 65K and 75K, and I was never in the bottom three.)

Use the one-note songs early on: if you can handle Expert difficulty and you haven't already unlocked it, you might get the Simon achievement there. As you move through the competition, move from one-note to two-note songs. As long as you maintain Platinum performance, you'll continue to advance.

If you're struggling to find enough songs in the included set, keep in mind you can use DLC as well, and it doesn't have to be songs you bought prior to the competition. I paused my game for a couple of weeks until I got more songs I knew. (The game saves after every song, so if you're the only one playing, you can wait forever to finish.)

The DLC will count toward the Diamond collections (1/5/10/20) but will not count toward the completions (sing all/gold/platinum/diamond).

Keep in mind that every song you sing counts toward the point collections (1 mil/10 mil/50 mil), so if you are trying to get a perfect score and work on Diamond records, you might want to finish the song out instead of restarting ...

Yeah, I like it. The graphics are wretched, but other than that it's pretty fun. Yes, the Rock Band mic works with it too, so you won't have to buy another mic if you want to sing duets: you can use the Rock Band mic and the included mic.

Keep in mind that all of these songs (to my knowledge) were also released in the various KR games for the PS2, so if you have those, you won't see anything new.

• 7 months later...