bland achievements

I enjoy this game very much so but I find the achievements too be very very vanilla. Part of the fun of achievements is that they take you places you wouldn't normally go and show you parts of the game you wouldn't have seen.

I was at least expecting some Fallout 3 style achievement such as finding a certain amount of map markers or getting too a certain level but nothing.

I enjoy this game very much so but I find the achievements too be very very vanilla. Part of the fun of achievements is that they take you places you wouldn't normally go and show you parts of the game you wouldn't have seen.

I was at least expecting some Fallout 3 style achievement such as finding a certain amount of map markers or getting too a certain level but nothing.

I would have enjoyed seeing achievements for out of the way quests, maybe finding a certain number of locations, but I think fallout takes some of the achievements too far, like 10000 damage with weapons I hate using is stupid in my opinion

This game was released in 2006, about 5 months after the 360 launched. If anything, the achievements were phenominal compared to some other games of the time. Other games released around that time were terrible for achievements. They usually had about 10 achievements and were made up mostly of beating their respective campaigns on the hardest difficulty or were made up of tons of online achievements (CoD3, I'm looking at you).

It would've been good to have a few achievements for side quests, completing all daedric quests etc, but just because they aren't there doesn't mean the ones they had were bad. They were pretty solid and Bethesda seemed to be ahead of the curve on the achievement system compared to a lot of other developers. Even games released over a year later had achievement lists that were a total joke, just look at Avatar.

Like was said before, these are a godsend compared to a few of the games released at the time (Go take a look at PDZ's achievements if you haven't already experienced that mass. Not to mention back than they didn't know how to stack achievements, so in a game like DOA4 even when you earn a gold medal in Time attack, you still had to go back and get the bronze and Silver medal as well (which actually was somehow harder to do than Gold >_<)

That said, I do agree that they could've used more variety in achievements. I'm just thankful none of the cheevos were glitched in this game.

This was one of the first games out for the 360. Most all games during that time were all "bland achievements". Even so, I've seen worse. Give this game some credit, it didn't even have "proper" DLC til Shivering Isle. They were still called "Add Ons" back then.

• 2 weeks later...