Achievement Guide & Road Map

judd90

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there guys!

Just a quick question as i bought the game yesterday and don't have a clue about it yet.

I read somewhere that rockstar was stating to patch the NYM Hardcore gametype, so that you will allowed to die and restart in the chapter you died in, just like the normal NYM.

Does anyone knows if that is true and if it maybe already have been patched it?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Cloud

when i use cheats can i unblock the achievements? as i have all of the single player achievements exept nym hardcore

CHEATS ENABLED = NO ACHIEVEMENTS

I don't think so. More and more people are unlocking it (132 now). No it has not been patched yet.

Hey there guys!

Just a quick question as i bought the game yesterday and don't have a clue about it yet.

I read somewhere that rockstar was stating to patch the NYM Hardcore gametype, so that you will allowed to die and restart in the chapter you died in, just like the normal NYM.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Cloud

I don't think that would be true considering that it wouldn't be "hardcore" if you were brought back to the chapter you originally were on. That is just like the regular New York Minute. The only "rumor" I heard was that they were going to do a save at a disc swap. Meaning if you died at Chapter 14, you would be sent to Chapter 6 and start from there instead of Chapter 1. I am not sure if they will do this though, because that isn't fair to the people who have already gotten the achievement.

Need a little help from anyone who may know a chapter the FMP GS3 rifle is dropped on? Its my last weapon I need a kill with and can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help and I apologize if I missed a thread with this kind of info.

FMP G3S (Rifle): Located in Chapter 13, Checkpoint 16. During the end of this level, Max will fight his way through a mock-up training course made of plywood with green spray-painted arrows on the floor. An enemy will shoot at Max from atop some crates next to a chain-link fence during this sequence. He drops the only FMP G3S I found during the game. You can pick it up through the fence after you dispose of him. ;)

Source & Credits:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a164226/a-few-hundred-bullets-back-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Thanks man, got that one, but now I noticed under my shotgun page I'm missing the M500. Sure though I'll come across it, even though I'm petty dang sure I used it before. Either way really appreciate that because there is no way in hell I would of tried to get that sniper through the fence.

How much time does All of the Above take and is there a good guide for it, I'm willing to do it if it takes less then 10 hours but if it takes more I'm gonna skip

It depends on what else you're gonna skip. If you're not skipping the "easy" difficulties (Medium, Hard, Old School, Hardcore, regular New York Minute), then just go through those playthroughs normally and you will naturally get almost every grind platinumed or golded. Then you'd need less than an hour of actual boosting, depending on how lucky you are.

Hi thanks for this great guide !

Just one thing though for the collectible I found a video so much quicker because they put the number of the checkpoint on it, I din't find videos like this on the forum but maybe I'm wrong, just let me know.

The one I found is here :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPnCa8G7g48]Max Payne 3 - Complete Collectables Guide With Checkpoints - YouTube[/ame]

Credits to MrReign420

Just with this one it was a lot quicker for me and maybe for more people, so I thank him too.

Edited by Timmythebadger

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/UPktNDM=.jpg You Play, You Pay, You Bastard - 20:gsicon:

100 Kills With Melee

This is an accumulative achievement. To melee an enemy while close press :ybut:, you can use chapter select to go back for this one. Online melee kills count towards this achievement.

* Seems to be glitched, unlocks at random amounts.

For what it's worth: I don't think it's glitched but sometimes when you melee an enemy they just fall down & will get back up. The game tracks those under melee hits grind but it wasn't a melee kill. I got my achv around 123 melee hits

Edited by Elctrchead

HAHA! just got 'sometimes you get lucky' in the luckiest way possible. after my previous moaning about how hard it is, i just completely forgot about it and given up, but i'm going through now on hard and at this mission, the very last guy who has the big machine gun, i was peppering him in the head with duel raging bulls, and just at the killing shot a tremor started, then he died, then i got the cheevo. well chuffed.

Hey that's how I did it too. Tried a few times reloading the checkpoint, then was like screw it I'll come back later. Same deal, was shooting that last guy & I guess a tremor started on the killshot :woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Story Complete [HARDCORE]

Hard, Old School and Hardcore must be done on [FREE AIM] if you change the aim assist at any point during a playthrough it will mess up the playthrough and you won't get the achievement.

----------

Add medium to that list!!!!! I thought i could do medium with hard lock but thats not the case! Sort it!

Story Complete [HARDCORE]

Hard, Old School and Hardcore must be done on [FREE AIM] if you change the aim assist at any point during a playthrough it will mess up the playthrough and you won't get the achievement.

----------

Add medium to that list!!!!! I thought i could do medium with hard lock but thats not the case! Sort it!

Hard/Old School/Hardcore have to be done on free aim like you say.

Medium can be done on free aim or soft lock.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...