Some basic info and moves. (Getting started)

Cloud

After playing for an hour or so and trying to work out what does what. I thought I'd share what I found, hopefully it helps new people to this game a little bit.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/eastx/Xbox%20One/Onigiri-Xbox-One-controls_zpse42d1ad1.png

(Thanks to Eastx for the image)

RT - Basic attack (hold for continuous attack)

LT - Special move

Lb & Rb - cycle through special moves

B - Jump

A - Talk / pick up loot

X - Use item on the hot keys (five blue circles in bottom right)

Y - Lock on

Click RS - Camera zoom

Click LS - Guard

Up/Down D-pad - Cycle weapons

Right/Left D-pad - Cycle hot key items (not sure how to add items to hk's)

Menu button - Menus

Double tap left stick - to dodge roll in that direction

Wiki Link (Thanks Death 434) - http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki

Edited by Cloud

To quit out to title screen, press menu button and select the blue X at the top right. Then select the top option.

The red bar in the center of the screen is your HP and the Blue your SP. Underneath them are your special moves.

On the stats screen

1st - Max HP

2nd - HP recovery

3rd - Max SP

4th - SP recovery

5th - Attack power

6th - Physical Def

7th - Magic Defense

8th - Critical

To get to stats screen press menu, left option (single person icon), then top option. To change weapons if you find any click on the second tab and then on the weapon you want to change.

Feel free to add more info or correct anything I got wrong. I want to know how to invert the y - axis - up/down on the camera. Also how to add items to the hot keys F1 to 5. Looks like a good game, it's pretty fun. The more info we can share the easier it will be to play and figure out what's going on a little better lol.

Edited by Cloud

About the hot Key items, to my knowledge you can only assign food or drinks to them (HP/SP items)

Using the inventory, look out food or drink (their description says their sp and HP gains if you can't tell), select it and at the bottom of the inventory screen there are 3 options, selecting the long bar right at the bottom allows hotkey assignment.

Also, I don't think you simply find weapons, you get weapon "roll" drops, basically a weapon picture with a bronze silver or gold tab on it, take these to the woman that you save from the hydra at the start, talk to her and select the section option.

This opens a menu with all the weapon rolls you've found, simply select them all and click bottom right button for what I'm guessing is identify items.

Voila! Lootz!

Thanks for the info wo ai ni xx, that's a big help.

No probs! It's like a team effort to figure this game out haha

Will come back with whatever else I figure out lol

One thing else, the cloud guy that sticks his tongue out:

Talking to him gives two options;

Option 1 -

Purchasing New costumes - all are at 10,000 gold each (note it's just the basic outfits that you could choose from at character creation

Option 2 -

Re-doing your characters hair, accessory and basically everything except clothes, also 10,000 gold to perform

When running around the map and talking to the People/NPC's that have a ! over them. They have quests for you, I'm pretty sure the left option is to accept the quest. I spoke to the little pink haired girl and after choosing the right option she went "yay arigato" which means "Thanks".

When you go to out into an area you get 3 options with some stars and a number at the end. That must be the level you want for that area. I'm only level 2 so I'll go for one star lol.

When leveling up I've looked at cyberstep website to see what each stat is.

1st - Strength

2nd - Vitality

3rd - Mind - Magic attack

4th - Wisdom - Magic defense

5th - Dexterity - Affects bows and dual wield

Repairing Weapons - When you meet the girl with the purple hair (Yoshitsune), after cut scene choose top option. Then a list of weapons appear, these are your weapons that need repairing. Click on all the ones you want to repair then click the left option on the bottom right. This will repair your weapons for some gold. You can probably find her in town too, will find out soon. When she is in town select second option to repair. The first option upgrades weapons.

Change Party member - Press menu, select journal/book icon, select top option. Now click on the pic of the character you want then choose the option at top right of screen. It should show a pink icon of 2 character's high fiving. Also as Fire Hawk D explained if you click on the heart icon you can gift items to party members to increase friendship levels. (not sure how often you can do this.)

Upgrade/level up weapon - Talk to Yoshitsune and choose top option. first select a weapon you wish to upgrade this will go in the top slot. Then select unwanted weapons or roll drops you haven't identified with Lady Shizuka. These go in the slots below. Underneath it shows how much gold it will cost. Then next to gold select the left option and in new tab the left option again to confirm. You will then get a percentage or a level up :). The more powerful or rare the weapon you use for materials/as an upgrade the bigger the increase will be.

Way points - Yellow arrow main quest, blue arrow side quest. Also ! - new quest, Music icon - complete quest hand in.

Edited by Cloud

Repairing Weapons - When you meet the purple hair girl (2nd acv), after cut scene choose top option. Then a list of weapons appear, these are your weapons that need repairing. Click on all the ones you want to repair then click the left option on the bottom right. This will repair your weapons for some gold. You can probably find her in town too, will find out soon. When she is in town select second option to repair. The first option upgrades weapons.

Upgrade/level up weapon - Talk to your 2nd party member (purple haired girl) and choose top option. first select a weapon you wish to upgrade this will go in the top slot. Then select unwanted weapons or roll drops you haven't identified with 1st party member (pink haired girl). These go in the slots below. Underneath it shows how much gold it will cost. Then next to gold select the left option and in new tab the left option again to confirm. You will then get a percentage or a level up :)

Who is the second person?

If it's the girl with the hat, I can talk to her but I can't do anything other than listen to her talk?

Though I can party up with her

I also can't seem to progress any further in the game atm...

My game may be bugged -.-

After getting to town from the Hydra boss and you have spoke to your first character and the guy by the temple like place. I went down the stairs (just the first set, so don't go down as far as the towel) and went to the right where the girl with the hat is, then by the tori gate there is a green/blue barrier walk up to it.

Then you have 3 options pick the top one as its the easiest/lowest level. Then progress through the dungeon and you meet the 2nd character - purple hair and a katana. After a cut scene she joins and then fight 2nd boss.

She can then join you in fights and you can level up her friendship too. I had the girl with the hat after that so I call her 3rd character lol. Didn't get an achievement for hat girl yet though, unless she isn't a main character.

Just got to level 12 :) going to take a break from it now. Hope you can progress now and your game isn't bugged.

Edited by Cloud

Yeah it's all good!

Not sure what was up but when I went on this evening it let me go through the dungeon you're talking about.

I'm level 16 now!

Also, I've recruited the 3rd party member he's a shopkeeper

Once in your team he can sell you items through his first options or buy your items to give you some extra gold for his second option.

A shopkeeper will be very handy and a cat girl after, nice. I'm still in the first city.

Anyone know what the loot is that you get in the different coloured bags is and how you unlock them into useable items? I wonder if the shopkeeper helps with that.

You guys have to start using the real character names. Fire Hawk's topic lists character names but not who each one actually is. I might have to write up a little character guide after I finally get to play it (been too busy).

Yeah we do lol, you're right.

Character Names

See Character guide - http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606762

Here's a link to the characters on the cyberstep website with bio's in english - http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/about/chara.html

Edited by Cloud

The achievement pictures make awesome background pictures for your dash, I like Miroku's and Ibaraki Douji's :p. No idea what's going on with the story but I'm really enjoying this game.

I have loads of triple A games to play, but I play this lol. So glad X1 is region free, never got round to buying a Japanese 360. All ways wanted to play Japanese games though and earn some cool looking achievements. I love Japanese culture and Anime.