1000 Sportsmanship Points/Game

Y0 AFRO

Warning: This is done with 15 minute quarters, so I'm not saying this is extremely quick.

I decided to go for the good sport achievement after I had -800 sportsmanship, and did this in two games.

Set the house rules to freshman, 15 min. quarters, play clock on, fatigue off.

For your team (home), pick a team with a good defense, I go to ASU so I chose them. Also, consider a team with a good punter/kicker as well. For the other team, pick a team with a god-awful offense, or a team you just can't stand. Consider Utah State, Rice, Wyoming, or just look for "D" or worse under offense rating.

If you win the toss chose to kick. On defense, go for turnovers, but don't sacrifice going for the ball bygiving up a big gain. Play as a good DE or DT and go for the user sack. Once the ball hits the air, switch your player and go for the user pick. I also got about 500 skill points per game with this method. If you do recover the ball on defense, don't score the touchdown.

Once you have the ball on offense, kneel it every play, then punt/kick field goals on every single 4th down. If you have a good kicker, like ASU's Thomas Weber, i hit about 13 field goals per game, easily hitting FG's as long as 64 yards. This is by far enough points to win the game, as you should shut out the other team. Once the second half starts, turn on chew clock when on offense. Make sure the clock is in the red when you snap the ball, and keep taking the knee then punting. Towards the middle of the third, you will get +2 times 2 downs (+4) for chewing clock, +10 on first down for kneeling, and +10 for kicking. At the beginning of the fourth quarter, you will start to get +5 for chewing clock, +10 on two downs for kneeling, and +10 for kicking. Toward the end of the fourth, you will get +25 chewing clock on 3 downs, eventually +10 for kneeling 3 downs, and +10 for kicking.

They might not show up on the bottom status bar, but you will pause and find that you are getting all the points. Finish the game like this, and don't call TO's in the fourth quarter. I made this mistake and lost 100 sportsmanship points on one timeout.

Of course, post if you have a faster method, and let everyone know which teams work well to play with and against. Good luck!

Edit: For first half points, you only get points for the kicking, you should punt/kick a field goal about 10 times per quarter, giving you 200 points for the first half

Edited by Y0 AFRO
First half points

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this tip. I tried this out and it worked perfectly.

I also noticed that in the 2nd half, if I lock-on onto a secondary player, say the free safety, and let my AI teammates get the sacks, fumbles, interceptions, etc., I get +15 strategy points for each instance. Not bad for sitting back letting the AI do the hard work. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got 1100 here, 800 from the 4th quarter alone. However, I was more than 2000 credits in the negative for Sportsmanship (I guess I'm a bad sport. :p) So I'll have to do this probably two more times to get the achievement. :(

EDIT: Just got the achievement. I had to do it a total of three times to get it. While the OP is fairly accurate, I would recommend using Chew Clock for ALL four quarters. You only start getting the vast majority of your Sportsmans credits in the 4th quarter, so there is no point dragging out the game even longer than it already is.

I found myself having about 350 credits going into the 4th quarter then getting anywhere from 800-900 credits in the 4th quarter.

If you didn't screw up like me and go really negative in Sportsman credits, then you should only have to do one game of this.

Edited by cwagmire21

Haven't started playing yet, but just picked up the game.

It seems that this is really only worth while for the points that rack up in the 4th.

If NCAA 10 has the same Super Sim setup as the previous year, wouldn't it be even quicker to just sim the first three quarters and than just do the 4th?

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't started playing yet, but just picked up the game.

It seems that this is really only worth while for the points that rack up in the 4th.

If NCAA 10 has the same Super Sim setup as the previous year, wouldn't it be even quicker to just sim the first three quarters and than just do the 4th?

Probably. >.<

Oh well, I'm already done with it so no skin off my back I guess haha