Xbox One Will Always Come With Kinect

xhunterrrr

You could just buy the console unless you're buying it brand new. That said this is next-gen, not another version of the same console.

People may not be literally 'forced' to buy it but the argument don't like don't buy is becoming really old. If you love gaming, you're somewhat forced by your hobby to purchase it.

No, you aren't. There are other consoles.

As for buying the console used, how many people are going to sell the console and keep Kinect 2.0? And if they sell both, how many shops aren't going to sell them together? That is just silly.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you aren't. There are other consoles.

As for buying the console used, how many people are going to sell the console and keep Kinect 2.0? And if they sell both, how many shops aren't going to sell them together? That is just silly.

And if you simply don't want other consoles? You just prefer the brand? I'm hardly going to buy the Wii U or an Ouya just because there are other consoles.

And if you simply don't want other consoles? You just prefer the brand? I'm hardly going to buy the Wii U or an Ouya just because there are other consoles.

I was referring to the PS4. And if you really want the Xbox One, you'll have to get it with the Kinect. #dealwithit

Then you simply suck it up and spend a tiny bit more money because even if you don't want/use the Kinect at that point...if Xbox is your preferred platform...the extra cash isn't a real barrier. I've been a Kinect hater since the beginning, but if you actually look at some of the games and how it's improved over the original...it's hard to keep hating and it imo. I want to try it myself, there are some cool games that use it that I will probably enjoy. And if I don't...it can sit in the box and never get used again. Either way...it's not a big deal to have to pay a little bit extra in my opinion...I want the Xbox over the others, so I will pay what it costs.

I really think people should stop looking at the new Kinect as such a negative...I think people are just assuming it's no different than the current which couldn't be further than the truth. I stopped trying to reason with people who simply say "but I have no interest" well...yeah good for you, either suck it up and buy it anyway and just never use the device, wait for it to be cheaper, or don't buy it lol.

edit: ninja'd by hunter.

Edited by Gackt

I'm not speaking about myself lol just trying to say people have their reasons.

"If you don't like it don't buy it" is becoming old because it's been the standard since the first caveman held up a dead chicken and grunted at the other caveman's handful of fruit.

When we transform into a Roddenberry-esc utopia where everything is free, then we'll stop with the "buyer beware" motto.

---

The point is, there actually are alternatives to the Xbox One:

- Xbox 360

- PS3

- PS4

- Ouya

- Wii

- WiiU

- PC

- Mac

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ... DON'T BUY IT!

phahahahahahhaha

phahahahahahhaha. macs really arent the best for gaming! :p

nah but im glad the xbox one will never come out without kinect. that means i wont get angry when a kinectless xbox one comes out

What wonderful posts that could've been combined. :rolleyes:

He never said the alternatives were the best for gaming. As for Macs and gaming, I use my Macbook Pro and it does just fine.

As for Macs and gaming, I use my Macbook Pro and it does just fine.

I think he wasn't saying Macs can't play games just fine. I think he meant that games usually get ported to Mac long after it was already released for PCs, and, from what I've seen anyway, they usually stay at a high price for much longer.

How are you going to use it if you put tape over the camera?!?

Simple, I put tape over the camera on the 360 one and it could still see me since it uses that infared or whatever. The camera is just there to take pictures of you or used over webcam. It worked for me with no problems, I hated playing kinect games as they photograph me. It would just take photos of the tape lol.

Great! The NSA spy camera will never ship on its own. /sarcasm

I hated on Kinect when I got it during the beta phase a few years ago. Ended up using it for the odd thing here and there and it wasn't too bad.

The new Kinect responds a lot better than what it started out as. Not that I will use it more now than what I did before, but even for the voice commands around the dashboard or for games like Dead Rising 3, it's like a second person will be playing with you.

Don't see how it's so bad that the console costs as much as it does and you get Kinect with it.

as usual i dont understand why everyone is whining about it. if you dont want to use it then leave it in the box and dont use it. or sell it. nothing to really whinge about :/

What's not to understand? People don't want to pay for something they don't want that's going to just be left in the box. I know that's pretty complex to wrap your head around.

What's not to understand? People don't want to pay for something they don't want that's going to just be left in the box. I know that's pretty complex to wrap your head around.

I've actually been struggling with this. I don't understand why you would pay for something if you don't want it.

Then again we are talking about modern day gamers, so I guess the rules of normal consumerism don't apply:p

Phil Harrison has elaborated on why there will never be a Kinect-less SKU:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/microsoft-still-absolutely-no-plans-for-xbox-one-without-kinect

Honestly it sounds like he was just talking about what we could do with it, rather then actually defending its mandatory inclusion despite the recent news that the Xbox One no longer requires the Kinect to even function.

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

We might as well start paying for those too and the box it comes in, since we're paying for things that aren't a necessity.

Well they DO put "Premium Packaging" as one of the "benefits" of the Day One Edition :confused:

Looks like we are paying for the box.

That said the inclusion of a Kinect with every system I am significantly happier with than the "optional" aspect. Should mean that there is more effort put into the use of it as everyone will have it.

Just being able to use voice commands and snap windowing makes it worth it to me. While the controller may be faster in a lot of ways, when using the 360 for media, control is MUCH better with the Kinect simply because it doesn't go to sleep. The number of times that I have had to power the controller back on to pause a movie or switch to the next episode etc made Kinect 1 worth it to me.