Feline Feet...stupid f*&%g bobcat!

nicidee

Oh. My. God. I have tried killing this damn thing at least 20 times now. I watched one video where the guy runs up to the top of the mountain & just waits for it to show...so when the bobcat finally gets there its red dot goes away & the quest is failed right before I can kill it. WTF???

Then I watched another video where the person shoots the thing w/a gun as it is running by...but I am of course facing the wrong direction after I get up from examining the clue & don't even have time to aim much less fire before the thing is gone.

Does anyone have any helpful tips for how to successfully complete this horrible, horrible mission...please??? :(

Okay thanks, I'll try the darts. Didn't actually know you could use them ranged as I have only used one in the game so far.

Also I tried running to the top spot to wait for him, but it didn't work. Maybe I wasn't in the right place. God this quest is giving me fits... :(

You can throw darts on the run, just fire the moment the bobcat is highlighted. Another option, it follows a preset route, you could just not chase it and go up top where it eventually runs, wait for it to run right at you and assassinate

See, I cheated... After failing the first time, I did a fast-travel, returning the bobcat, and then I chased it for a bit. As soo as I started to run through the "valley", I climbed up the side and waited next to where the thing jumps across. Tap of the X and it was all mine.

You can just blast this bitch with your 9mm as soon as you see it. Despite the mission talking up the bobcat's immaculate pelt so don't need it intact.

Waste him.

This made laugh^

On a serious note I had the same trouble, so when you go to analyse the clue look the other way so you're already looking at him, equip poison dart then spam the shit out of Y. You'll hit him with at least 1 of 3 darts :)

Your doing something very wrong if you think running after it will catch it. Just take a LEFT with bow and arrow equipped going up the hill. Not the valley with the logs then the cave ahead.

Now follow the red dot which is going to right in the valley, then under your position via the cave. The bodcat will surface from the left, move to the left near your start while staying on that hill. You will now see the bobcat at which point you shoot your bow in its face. It takes maybe a minute for the bobcat to circle around you. Stay on the hill and follow the red dot, staying on that LEFT handed hill from your start, which is overlooking the cave

Edited by Shabba

Hmm, I didn't have a problem with this quest. After examining the clue and chasing him once I saw there is enough time to assassinate him before he clears the first log. You just need to be quick.

Ya, i would agree this method is most efficient. After analyzing the last clue when the bobcat shows up just run towards the 1st wooden log. Doing so the bobcat will just land right in front of u for the kill not even allowing it to run at all. In the case u miss the kill just restart, it will load u back to the clue that initiates the chase. Hope this helps, its the easiest method IMO and u dont ruin the quality of the pelt either, not that it matters too much.

• 1 month later...