Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed

iBuzz7S

I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.

I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.

The original question I posted, that was aimed towards iBuzz, now aimed at you has yet to be answered or a source provided.

Can you show me one of my quotes that says "Microsoft is the only provider that is going to sell the Halo 4 collector's edition system?" You ASSUMED that that was what I was saying. Back to my original question aimed at you now, show me a source that says Microsoft is selling the Halo 4 collector's edition system to other retailers in bulks.

Show me one of my quotes that "you assume Microsoft is the only provider" proves that I made that assumption as you put it. You say "Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider" I see no ACTUAL evidence of that system being sold in bulks. Which brings us back to my original question, provide a source saying that that system is being sold in bulks to other retailers.

You assume that since "most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers" that the Halo 4 collector's edition console will be too. Yes, you can buy Halo 4 collector's edition at other retailers, but show me that same fact about that console being sold in bulks. Since you were blessed with the ability to tell me what I mean behind my own words (you assume Microsoft is the only provider), How I perceive information (you're taking a leak at face value) then why absolutely everything in what you stated is nothing but an assumption?

more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system - Your assumption

If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft - Another assumption

which is what you're stating - And again another assumption

Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft - Assumption

All you did was provide your own assumptions, one after the other, what's clear is that you have avoided my original question again.

Now, I ask you yet again, Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks?

Edited by DividedbyN1ght

I have to give MS props.. They are aboslutely horrible at making non generic first party games.. Aside from Halo and Forza.. But they have gotten considerable better with making these special editon consoles since the slim version debuted..

Halo Reach was amazing for its time.. But Gears 3 topped that.. Then Modern Warfare 3 topped that.. and now Halo 4 is blowing away them all.. Im very impressed with it..

Id serisiouly consider selling all my stuff (not at gamestop like a idiot ofcourse) and get around 300 at the most.. for everything including some of the games i have 1K'd already..

But im not sure really.. Plain black is just really sleek and clean with my all black setup..

Amazing console none the less..

:D Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had

, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.

The Gears 3 console open/close sound is the "end of wave sound"

Looks like I'm out another 400$...

Or, since my GF loves Halo as much as I do, this would be a great christmas gift to me, right?

Just need a good pitch, the Star Wars Console would like to live in the basement maybe, and/or the Halo 4 one matches the living room much better?

That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find :)

Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.

The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.

Oh my god, that is beautiful. My Halo Reach console will suffice though. I have to pick up one of those controllers though.

I'm in no need for a new Xbox so I hope Microsoft release's the controllers separately. It looks great though!

Don't know what many of you are smoking but this is an ugly and messy look that have no artistic sense nor meaning compared to a graffiti. Halo Reach themed console was minimalist and beautiful, but this...

I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.

I'm with you fastNcurious and you're not in the minority, much more says it in the gaming news websites comments.

Does anyone know what the dlc is in this console bundle or is it going to be like gears and have the same content as limited edition?

According to Amazon (which has it available for pre-order):

Custom Content: Receive a code for downloadable Halo 4 content, including a unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.

So it sounds like the same content as the limited edition, minus the map packs.

For those who want to download the Halo 4 Power and Eject sounds:

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/25/The-Halo-Bulletin-72512.aspx

Those are...odd? I guess I'll need to play Halo 4 to get the context. The power sound actually made me jump, my sound was up too loud :p

Still not bad, definitely better than beeps and dings!