Freezing fifa

heezerules

Hey do one of you guys have the same problem as me if I want to start a kick-off game/quick match my xbox freezes at the end of the match just before im going back to the arena. I already tried to install the game to my harddrive but still my xbox freezes anyone got help? (BTW its not my xbox because this is the only game that does this and srry for bad English)

I have experienced this problem in two different ways:

I went through a lot of forums to get the workarounds for this glith, here are the solutions I used and that have worked just fine.

The first time it occurred was when playing manager mode and the man of the match screen came up. The problem was that I was receiving the accomplishment for "Win 20 man of the match awards in your career", so what I did was to set up a frindly match against the computer and win the title of man of the match, after this the accomplishment came in and I was able to continue playing my manager mode game.

The second time was just after starting my 3rd season as manager mode, at the very fist game of the season after playing the game, the console froze. What I did was to save the game in another slot and the problem was solved. Also I read that the problem could be caused because after playing online mode the squads were updated, so you may also want to try to erase the squads updates on your profile.

I see that your problem does not occur when playing manager mode nor be a pro, and since you can't even go through a quick match I suggest you try saving your profile on a different slot and deleting the squads updates.

I repeat that these solutions were taken from several posts and forums and helped me solving this annoying problem.

Hope it helps, as I understand how frustrating this is.

• 1 month later...

I went playing again in Manager Mode and the xbox froze again!!!

I am very frustrated as I can no longer play any manager mode without the console freezing.

Scythie, thanks for your workaround, but my problem does not occur at the kick-off it happens at the end of a match.

Does anyone else have a way around this???, I am in the middle of the achievement Climbing the Ladder playing my 3rd season in manager mode, playing the second season with a 1 star team in the Coca-Cola league 1 (as I have already been promoted from Coca-Cola league 2) but I can not longer advance due to this freezing problem.

Any idea will be appreciated!, thanks.

If that's at the end of a match, you can first of all bypass it by means of simulating them. The other thing to do is trying to install the game on the HDD, which may save the day or not. As a matter of fact it may either be frozen by itself (the DVD) or it just doesn't manage to deal with all the stuff it has to (great game FIFA10, isn't it?), in which case the installation should be enough to help the system.

Just so that you know, I myself had the game on HDD, installed before playing a single second of the game from the DVD (which then ran only for the installation), yet it froze several times since the first days. There's just no way to completely fix a bugged garbage without a good technical support (if any at all), you can only try to limit its frequency. I remember that about a year ago I was in your same situation with FIFA09 though, at the end of the year it just couldn't run anymore (I played that one from the DVD all the time) and started to have ordinary freezes at the end of matches or when doing some actions. Few more gaming and the problem extended to the whole game till it couldn't run anymore. If you install the game and it says that it's not possible because it's damaged or something like that, well, good for you if you have friends who can let you have their copy of the game so you install it and then use your DVD to just run the start and give them theirs back; else, screw this game. Or if you just can't do without its achievements, the only way is getting another copy of the game or trying to carry on at the least-worst you can (for example simulating may help skipping this, but I think it will eventually stop running at all like it did with FIFA09 with me).

Edited by Starlight126

Thanks for the detailed information about this. I tried simulating matches but since I am using a 1 star team I keep losing all matches and I can not go forward.

I will try this weekend to install the game on the HDD and see if I can continue. As for leaving this game behind, I have tried to, I have already started playing fifa 11, but since I am only 8 achievements away from the 1000G... well I just can't quit, lol.

I'll give it a try and let you know if I was able to continue playing, if not I will just leave this game and move on.

Thanks!!

If simming works, you can for sure manipulate the teams putting into a Coca-Cola-League 2 team (Accrington or something like that or whatever other team you're going to pick) the best players, or simply those who are good enough, to just win everything or about everything. A team with Ronaldo, Ibrhimovic, Messi, Casillas and company can't really lose against Macclesfield and similar teams. It will completely kick everything in Coca-Cola-League 1 aswell, and the achievement shouldn't take more than a hour and half, worst case.

8 achievements to the 1000G...well, if some of them are Globetrotter, Team Player, Ton Up and Time for a Testimonial, I'm sorry to tell you that they can result more annoying, frustrating and long to achieve than all the rest.

Okay, I installed the game on the HDD and I was able to advance in my manager mode, so thank you very much for that!!!!

I hope that this time (as this is the 3rd workaround I apply) it last longer or at least as long as I need to end the season.

As for my remaining achievents, these are:

Wheeler Dealer

Lounging Around

Team Play (I think this one will be impossible, so probably will be the only one that I won't obtain)

Double Champs

Climbing the Ladder

Globetrotter

Phoenix from the Ashes

Time For A Testomonial (almost done)

As you can see, I still have to work on several annoying and time consuming achievents. At least I can play now, thanks for your help!!

• 7 months later...

i had the same problem it was freezing at the end of the match.i downloaded it to my hdd it was working fine for 7 or 8 games but ts freezing again.any help would be greatly appreciated.i did not connect to xbox live to update squads incase ye were wondering