ME2 -> ME3 import....any ideas ( obvious stuff done already )

AliasDJA

Firstly,

Never used the cloud....so its not that.

I basically copied by Mass Effect 2 importer file from my old hard drive onto my new 360 slim 4gb unit.

Didnt load up in Mass Effect 2 - so...Re-downloaded EVERYTHING that they ever released ( as all this is on the save file )....and loaded up and it still cant be found.

Licence transfer has been done - no effect.

The save file is not corrupt, and it's my level 60 soldier with over 300 hours put into ME1 and ME2....is there anyone who can shed some light on it?

any help / ways around it would be amazing as my mrs got me the collectors edition for my birthday and i dont want to tell her the bad news....thanks all

The Mass Effect 2 Importer is a temporary file created by Mass Effect 3 to be used by Mass Effect 3; it is not recognizable by Mass Effect 2 or an appropriate import substitute for the original Mass Effect 2 save file. You will need the original Mass Effect 2 save file, if that is gone there's nothing you can do.

Edited by Veedrock

The master save that says John Shepard - Soldier - Level 60 is inside the mass effect 2 importer folder in the hard drive....it says below game save...maybe transferring it to pc and back will sort it?

No, you need the original file. The import tool is just a temporary file created after you choose your import; it is not a full copy or substitute file that can be selected for import.

To put it as simple as possible, the importer folder is not something the game will search for in your HDD, it looks for the full Mass Effect 2 folder (or Mass Effect 1 folder, if you're importing into Mass Effect 2).

Edited by Veedrock

Ok gents thanks for squaring that up. Its a shame, but from what I'm hearing, ME3 is causing some serious issues. So....I think (as I've maxed out ME1 & ME2) that I'll start a fresh. Yeah, its annoying - but one normal playthrough --->one insanity...surely chip away at the 5000 kills. Or - possibly a speedrun on ME2, unlock all the charectors, weapons etc...then at least I start on level 30, ME3 insanity run.

Any ideas?

i ahd a MASSIVE head doing this, just try doing it OFFLINE and see if that works, its what i had to do in the end. its something to do with EA's shitty online service... again...

How does EA's online service have anything to do with importing a save file into Mass Effect 3?

Edited by Burnout x360a

dont ask me how, but trust me, it worked. i have nothing but shit with EA at the minute, everytime i load it loses my progress to my acheivements, i only need to insanity and all N7 mission on insanity, but i can cos it resets EVERY SINGLE BLEEBING TIME.

Did you even read the topic? The problem you're describing is completely different than what this topic is about, so your "solution" isn't applicable.

You may as well tell a cancer patient to take aspirin because it helped you with a headache.

Edited by Veedrock