people kicking for no reason.

xX Element

what is the point of people online kicking for no reason. numerous times i get kicked and im not even bothering people.

anyone else having this problem?

The typical Grade A Douchebag. Simply for no reason.

There are those who want to "take over" a public server in that sense but these are the same retards that don't realize it's public so ppl are going to funnel in regardless and this is why they have Closed Friends and Invite Only lobbies.

They're in every game and you can only do so much to stop them.

I've been playing since the first patch after the online went live, and I have been kicked only twice. Which isn't so bad.

Both times though were right after spawning in a lobby right after doing a mission. Both times I got the bad sport warning.

Yeah, within the space of 24 hours, it has happened twice (most recent between 1am-2am last night/this morning).

i never play online anyway. people are allways going around killing each other, setting bounties i just think free mode online is fucked. only go on it with friends that you know or trust, or just play solo. aslo once youve done lots of missions and decide to go back to freemode and bank it. dont, quit or go back in single player then load a solo freemode to bank it safely.

it never happened to me (almost did) but we all voted free mode, spawned next to each other and this guy killed 2 people and was about to kill me but i left. i feel sorry for them, and if you want to be a total jackass, then by all means, do this to other players

Been kicked a few times and the reason why is posted here in a few diff threads, people want x players for x mission, more and they lose xp, private and they lose xp, so its public, they host and kick anyone that joins thats not from their "group" the criminal records races atm is insane for it.

Also the amount of gamertag12 gamertag13 i've met there is nuts. Never seen it so mad before.

Just about every day I get kicked from sessions. Some times I'm only in for about 5-10 seconds. And EVERY time I've not been doing anything to anyone else. It pisses me off. It was good in Red Dead when you needed a majority of people to kick someone, and you could see when someone voted to kick you. In this, you get no warning, just straight kicked. Then this broken game takes ages to load or get in to other games.

And yes, I have a good NAT and connection shouldn't be an issue.

Start --> Online --> Players --> (Hover over desired Gamertag) Press A for options --> Kick

There are other features here that are useful such as the Commend option which should be used when you feel the teammates you just completed a mission with deserve good rep. Today I got a text saying I got a 5% discount from all stores because 90% of people I played with said I was a good player :)

I had to look for these options as well. Rockstar hid them pretty well.

It's a part of rockstar fault.....

I always create private sessions for my friends, but everytime you launch a mission or an activity, the defaut setting is "open". so if i forgot or if i'm not enough fast to get it to "private" sometimes someone join and i must kick him.

It's not again this person, but when i play with friends i only want friends.

If you get kicked from freeroam it's another problem, but from missions or activity it could be the reason of being kicked.

i never play online anyway. people are allways going around killing each other, setting bounties i just think free mode online is fucked. only go on it with friends that you know or trust, or just play solo. aslo once youve done lots of missions and decide to go back to freemode and bank it. dont, quit or go back in single player then load a solo freemode to bank it safely.

it never happened to me (almost did) but we all voted free mode, spawned next to each other and this guy killed 2 people and was about to kill me but i left. i feel sorry for them, and if you want to be a total jackass, then by all means, do this to other players

I've been playing in Closed Friends or Invite only with a couple friends at a time. Sometime it will split us up and, OH NO! I have to take two measly minutes to invite and set back up.

I'm level 34, have not received one Bad Sport notification and actually have gotten almost a dozen $1K for Good Behavior. I have almost RARELY encountered anything considerably close to game-breaking or completely sucks the fun out of it. Why? I don't let other players control MY fun.

I've been playing in Closed Friends or Invite only with a couple friends at a time. Sometime it will split us up and, OH NO! I have to take two measly minutes to invite and set back up.

I'm level 34, have not received one Bad Sport notification and actually have gotten almost a dozen $1K for Good Behavior. I have almost RARELY encountered anything considerably close to game-breaking or completely sucks the fun out of it. Why? I don't let other players control MY fun.

A dozen? I've never received any Bad Sport warnings and I've only been rewarded for being good twice. The payout is piss-poor.

A dozen? I've never received any Bad Sport warnings and I've only been rewarded for being good twice. The payout is piss-poor.

I got 3 of them last night alone simply b/c me and my 3 pals were doing mission after mission and kept voting onward with Top Fun(s) and Survivals. We were for the most part being the best of sports lol. And honestly, I AM a good sport so I feel it's well deserved.

If you've been randomly killing anyone, I'm sure it's factored in to your Bad/Good sport penalties/rewards.

I've really only killed a few actual players b/c they killed me first and that one bounty. My IT dude pointed out a true Bad Sport. He went to rob a store but someone was already in there. He waited and the dude left, got in his car, drove around and waited for my buddy to do his deed. Didn't get to b/c the store hadn't "opened again" so this guy just killed him for the hell of it. Now I would even understand if my pal got the loot then the player had a legitimate reason to "rob" my pal. Just felt like being a dick it seems. That's what ruins these lobbies. Everyone can have fun in their own way in one map but if one person is making their fun on others grief, what's the point of playing at all? Just bogglesome.

Edited by Flibbity Floid

• 2 weeks later...

I was online doing some Races solo for the RP in an invite only game and somehow some people joined me. 1st one player which was ok, they were cool and I was making $$$ also with them in the race. Then 2 others somehow got in too and were assholes who did nothing but crash into us, getting in front & slamming the brakes, side swiping us, you get the picture. 2 questions. 1, how did they get into my invite only session without being invited and 2, how do you boot them.....I couldn't figure it out.

It's idiotic to the point I think I'm being removed by a glitchy system and not actually being kicked. I'll be in a lobby for a 16 person mode, there's only 7 of us there, no one is saying anything about kicking anyone, and suddenly I'm back to freemode.

I always create private sessions for my friends, but everytime you launch a mission or an activity, the defaut setting is "open". so if i forgot or if i'm not enough fast to get it to "private" sometimes someone join and i must kick him.

You can change the default matchmaking option to Closed if you go to the online options.

1, how did they get into my invite only session without being invited and 2, how do you boot them.....I couldn't figure it out.

1. Race/mission lobbies are separate from the free roam.

2. In the lobby go to Joined Players, you can highlight a player and press the A button to get the player options, including kicking them.

Edited by Boylin