Playing Leliana's Song before Origins

ChumbaWumba91

Hey guys,

So I just bought the DA:O Ultimate Editions and I've been searching about for info on what order to play the DLC and the game in.

After some digging some people have been saying play this DLC before Origins for the armour but others have said if you haven't played Origin's main quest (like me) then avoid it because it contains spoilers...

Is it worth playing this DLC before I start the main game for the reward or should I play Origins main quest first?

Thanks!

Edited by ChumbaWumba91

I almost agree with Zero, except the Darkspawn Chronicles could really be played at any time after finishing Origins, mostly to avoid the spoilers. Reason being is you don't use your main character.

I also think Golems should be played after Witch hunt, the extra levels and gear you get in Witch hunt are very useful in beating the end boss in Golems on the higher difficulties. Although the opposite can be said, so I guess that bit is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...
I almost agree with Zero, except the Darkspawn Chronicles could really be played at any time after finishing Origins, mostly to avoid the spoilers. Reason being is you don't use your main character.

I also think Golems should be played after Witch hunt, the extra levels and gear you get in Witch hunt are very useful in beating the end boss in Golems on the higher difficulties. Although the opposite can be said, so I guess that bit is up to you.

You can't import a Witch Hunt character into GoA. If you are using the same Warden throughout, you have to play the "main" content in the correct order.

Origins*->Awakening->Golems of Angarrak->Witch Hunt.

*Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar played during this point.

Darkspawn Chronicles is best anytime after Origins.

If you wanted the most out of Leliana's Song, I guess the best point to play it would be when she gets friendly with you and starts sharing her story. You can then play LS as a flashback. I don't know whether you'd still be able to use the Battledress in the same playthrough, but it's still a good way to insert the content into an Origins playthrough.

Edited by TheDeadspace
Spelling lololol

• 1 month later...

That is how I did it Penguin - Golems absolutely last!!!! I took a level 35 warrior in there with 1100+ HP and kicked some harvester ass........Golems gotta be last, cuz to beat it on hard with a mid level character is no fun!!