set 7 level 19 glitch

digitalink

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is the GFWL community slightly hostile, especially to achievement hunters? I've been following the S07L19 problem since it was first discovered and all the threads concerning Tinker on their boards contain at least one smarmy, arrogant or ignorant comment. I know this is the internet and that's expected, but isn't GFWL supposed to be a younger-sister to the XBL community*? Aren't we all supposed to be one big happy family?

Anyway, let's hope they patch this decent, fun little puzzle game soon! We're all sitting on 14/15 and it's a little distracting!

(* I realise that the XBL community also has a number of 'not-so-intelligent' posters!)

Is it me or is the GFWL community slightly hostile, especially to achievement hunters? I've been following the S07L19 problem since it was first discovered and all the threads concerning Tinker on their boards contain at least one smarmy, arrogant or ignorant comment. I know this is the internet and that's expected, but isn't GFWL supposed to be a younger-sister to the XBL community*? Aren't we all supposed to be one big happy family?

Anyway, let's hope they patch this decent, fun little puzzle game soon! We're all sitting on 14/15 and it's a little distracting!

(* I realise that the XBL community also has a number of 'not-so-intelligent' posters!)

Can't we all get along? I've gotta agree, everyone calm down, this is a free game and it will age nicely, and hopefully it'll be a game that's maxable in the near future.

But I think the anger is coming from the fact that this is a "new" service on the PC and wwweeelllllll there is a major glitch with the game that is supposed to be the incentive to try this service. I know I felt pretty annoyed when Microsoft once again released something that a few more days in the shop would do it good.

I think this anger and frustrations comes from windows , "Let's release it and fix the problems later with patches." aka Vista....

And please I'm not looking for a fanboy fight, I am using Vista right now, and I'll be upgrading to 7 in probably a few days since my semester is over.

anyways, I'll end my little rant now before I scare the little children.

Just give peace a chance, and maybe some patience, cause remember, we are dealing with Microsoft here

Some of us are sitting on 13/15, you should count yourself lucky.

Some of us are sitting on 13/15, you should count yourself lucky.

For some reason, your 'Knowledge Is Power' is showing as 'locked' on XBL despite having 'A Strong Start' unlocked*. I'd recommend backing-up your .sav and running through the Training SET again. Then restore your previous .sav file; this way you won't lose the 5/6 SETS you've already finished!

(* Before the flames start flooding in, I know!! It's another glitch!)

So you saw my topic I see. I totally got their mod's attention.

Noticed this as well. I used to only play GFWL games on my account Alec Mason. I used to live on those forums, and the people there just get worse. They have no respect for eachother, and there are 2 guys, DarkestSoul X21 and N00bberry who think they run the place.

They have no respect for eachother, and there are 2 guys, DarkestSoul X21 and N00bberry who think they run the place.

I didn't want to name any names, but those were the ones I noted, yes! Unfortunately, a post I saw from the MODerator (in response to a thread from user 'vl Demon lv' seemed to back their ignorance. I guess it's not what you know...

Oh well, who cares? It's Christmas, their balls may drop eventually & they will grow up, and the world will keep turning! Maybe, if we've been good little boys and girls, Santa will give us a patch for TINKER so we can all get 200GP & get back to our lives! Maybe!

(And, in my day, I've also been a forum-whore asshole! But I learned my lessons... my balls dropped and I grew up! However, I was 25 at the time! Ahem!)

Edited by tastefulmrship

I didn't want to name any names, but those were the ones I noted, yes! Unfortunately, a post I saw from the MODerator (in response to a thread from user 'vl Demon lv' seemed to back their ignorance. I guess it's not what you know...

Oh well, who cares? It's Christmas, their balls may drop eventually & they will grow up, and the world will keep turning! Maybe, if we've been good little boys and girls, Santa will give us a patch for TINKER so we can all get 200GP & get back to our lives! Maybe!

(And, in my day, I've also been a forum-whore asshole! But I learned my lessons... my balls dropped and I grew up! However, I was 25 at the time! Ahem!)

vI Demon Iv called out the mods for allowing a "select few" to do anything they wanted... Every post of his was removed a few minutes later, he's probably banned.

vI Demon Iv called out the mods for allowing a "select few" to do anything they wanted... Every post of his was removed a few minutes later, he's probably banned.

Jesus! The Internet is such a wonderful, peaceful, considerate & caring place to be!

Now, if people (online and offline) could work out the difference between 'then' and 'than' & stop abusing the word 'like' we'd all get along a hell of a lot better! ^_^

INCONGRUENT ADDITION: Merry Christmas, guv'nors!

• 2 weeks later...

from microsoft customer support:

Hi XXX,

Thank you for the response of my recent email.

I would like to inform you that this is a free game from Microsoft which is based on windows live. 

There is no support for this game and we only support Boxed versions of the game like  Age of Empires III, Flight Simulator X. 

You can follow the guide lines from the website below to complete the game.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tinker-how-to-play

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Regards,

XXX

Microsoft Games Technical Support

brief rundow nof what happened:

i stated the problem clearly with a link to a thread on thier forums explaining the problem.

i got a response which was a video of someone completing set 2 levels 11-20 saying that they only deal with technical issues, not how to beat the game /facepalm

i email them back stating again hte problem also stating why thier first response was useless. this is the response i got back

so basically they say its a free game so no support. looks like all hte completionists got screwed

from microsoft customer support:

Hi XXX,

Thank you for the response of my recent email.

I would like to inform you that this is a free game from Microsoft which is based on windows live. 

There is no support for this game and we only support Boxed versions of the game like  Age of Empires III, Flight Simulator X. 

You can follow the guide lines from the website below to complete the game.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tinker-how-to-play

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Regards,

XXX

Microsoft Games Technical Support

brief rundow nof what happened:

i stated the problem clearly with a link to a thread on thier forums explaining the problem.

i got a response which was a video of someone completing set 2 levels 11-20 saying that they only deal with technical issues, not how to beat the game /facepalm

i email them back stating again hte problem also stating why thier first response was useless. this is the response i got back

so basically they say its a free game so no support. looks like all hte completionists got screwed

I swear Microsoft hires idiots. With so many people currently unemployed it's nice to complete morons getting a weekly paycheck.

The guys reply is as useless as the other one you received. What's he talking about the game doesn't have support. Of course it does. Someone programed achievements for the game, therefore someone can fix it. We just have to find them.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus! The Internet is such a wonderful, peaceful, considerate & caring place to be!

Now, if people (online and offline) could work out the difference between 'then' and 'than' & stop abusing the word 'like' we'd all get along a hell of a lot better! ^_^

Wont happen, it's to easy to type whatever you like without having to look the person you are "talking" to in the eye. Makes posters feel bold and fearless and they dont need to use correct grammar or spelling. I mean no one can punch them through the internet. Just ignore the fools. This will get sorted, if not, its not the end of the world. You find that you cant have everything in life you want. If 13/15 or 14/15 is all we can get, so be it. It would be nice to have 100% but its not something to get upset about if we dont. Odd numbers are fun.

• 2 weeks later...

***POSSIBLE*** update on hte issue.

Microsoft are complete dickheads who didnt help one bit even when escalated up as far as i could go, but fuel industries ***MAY*** have come through for us.

check http://www.fuelindustries.com/blogs/2010-01-12/john-k-and-the-unlikely-joys-of-social-media/ there is no way to know atm if the comment is genuine but i doubt many trolls drequent that site ;)

also the fact that he implied we could get 1000 gamerscore seems to me like he isnt _quite_ familiar with the system - which in this case i think is a good sign.

anyhow ***PERHAPS*** in a couple of weeks we'll have a patch depending on how long certification etc takes on hte pc

***POSSIBLE*** update on hte issue.

Microsoft are complete dickheads who didnt help one bit even when escalated up as far as i could go, but fuel industries ***MAY*** have come through for us.

check http://www.fuelindustries.com/blogs/2010-01-12/john-k-and-the-unlikely-joys-of-social-media/ there is no way to know atm if the comment is genuine but i doubt many trolls drequent that site ;)

also the fact that he implied we could get 1000 gamerscore seems to me like he isnt _quite_ familiar with the system - which in this case i think is a good sign.

anyhow ***PERHAPS*** in a couple of weeks we'll have a patch depending on how long certification etc takes on hte pc

idon't know, but that comment that guy left makes it sound like they think the problem is solved. i have a feeling that this game will never get patched. i have eccepted it that i will not get 100 % on it.

i just tried it and its not fixed, so either they made the fix with a new version that i have to DL manually or they haven't released the update yet... i do remember that they patched something else a while ago, but there was no live update you had to DL the new version.

I had the same thought, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded the game. Still no luck though. :(

this hasn't been patched yet. IF fuel industries has fixed the problem, Microsoft has yet to implement the patch for download. the current version of Tinker 1.3.0.0 yada yada ya is the same version that has been available for download. along with the others i myself removed tinker and re-downloaded it and confirmed it still doesn't work.