X360A Review

Darf Spud

I don't know if any of you have seen it yet, but the review on this very site is only 89%. It should easily be 95%+, and a contender for game of the year.

I disagree. Too many bugs and glitches for GOTY. The review is spot on IMO, apart from the achievements score which should have been a bit lower due to a couple of ridiculous achievements. Looking at you, Spurred to Victory!

I disagree. Too many bugs and glitches for GOTY. The review is spot on IMO, apart from the achievements score which should have been a bit lower due to a couple of ridiculous achievements. Looking at you, Spurred to Victory!

What happens after the bugs and glitches are patched? Then will it be GOTY?

Anyway, I've haven't had a single bug while playing this game (story complete/20 hours playtime) and Spurred to Victory unlocked just fine.

If any score should have been lower, it should be the soundtrack score. The songs when you enter Mexico and go to the ranch from the mountain are just annoying.

Where I personally enjoy the hell out of the game, I can't really say the x360a review score was too low. I did think it would have been rated a tad higher, but don't see anything wrong with it. Red Dead is a very glitchy game. Try killing a horse with a hog tied victim on it, crazy slow down.

I havent read the review but like another person has said They are just opinions.

as for othe game being game of the year i think it should be in with a very good chance. I really didnt expect much from the game. But i loved it, i havent completed it yet. i have found alot of glitches as well, Many times when getting against cover my guy goes flying into the air then drops dead on the ground. My friend seemed annoyed about animals glitching on him last night too when he was nearly at 100% With a few patches and changing a few things the game can get game of the year. i really enjoyed it. The game being great makes up for the glitches imo.

Certainly! Don't misunderstand me, I love this game. Maybe that's the reason I think it deserves the score it got, because it has such potential but fails to fulfill it completely. It's kind of a disappointment the way it is now because it should have been so much better. Still heaps of fun, though :)

I think this game deserves 95% minimum and hole 100% if bugs and glitches will be fixed. Tell me witch open world game have more beautiful graphics, more powerful storyline, more detailed world, more addictive gameplay...? For me RDR not The Game Of The Year, its one of the Best Ever, a living icon, a work of art. I bagging for tons of DLC and cant wait till they anons a sequel!

Only problem I've had that really irritated me was when I first entered Thieve's Landing I've never seen a more horrible framerate issue. Since traveling back there it's been fine but that very first time was embarrassing.

I know this sounds dumb but i would have liked to see a 90% at least because an 89% is a B and this game is definitely not a B effort.

If you think it should be 95% then write a review for us stating exactly why 'you' think its worth 95%. Always remember that reviews are a small amount of peoples opinions, Webby thought it was worth 89% which is still a great score for a game. I would personally give it an 85% since the number of single player missions seem rather low compared to GTA IV with a lower number of multiplayer gametypes and the entire area in red dead redemption seems rather short in width compared to Rockstars other games. Aside from that I love the graphics, the characters, the gameplay and the multiplayerplayer free roam.

All the bugs and glitches this game has will never be patched.

But to be honest, apart from "save" bugs (These really piss me off) i don't care about 'em.. You really have too many things to do... i'm not a game developer but i'm quite sure it's impossible to have a game like this, without bugs.

x360a review's score is perfect imo. 89 that's it.

I know that every review is the opinion of the individual and i totally respect that, it is x360's right to give the game an 89% or whatever if they so choose to. But yes like OP i completely disagree with that score. I obviously love the game otherwise i wouldn't have bothered to reply to this topic or even be hanging out on the Red Dead forum. What i object to is their claim of the game being such a glitch-fest. I know that a lot of people have complained about this, but so far -and i'm around 25 hours in- i have barely encountered any glitches at all. No more than a few, and even those were hilarious and in no way lessened my enjoyment of the game. And as to their claims of the game crashing loads, though i may just be really lucky, it's never once crashed on me. Not once.

Whatever though. That's just my experiance with the game and theirs might have been totally different. I might have just got really lucky. In my opinion it is easy 96%+, but again that is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I will also add that i have no idea what they were on about when they said the story missions weren't always fun to play. Red Dead has one of the best single player campaigns i've played in a long time and is always fun, no matter what you're doing.

Something to consider, this site adds in achievements as part of the overall grade...for obvious reasons. With the achievements in consideration, I agree. If you take out the achievement score of 80, then the game is obviously in the 90s...where every other magazine and or website has it.

It's an appropriate review for a site based on achievements.

OT: A very great game that I haven't stopped playing since the midnight release. I love it, I"m absolutely thrilled with it. It's gone above and beyond my expectations. I don't think it will be GOTY though. Too early yet in the year with way too many titles coming out...some potentially very, very good.

As for the Alan Wake score, I think that's waaay too high for a game that should only be a rental. But, Wake, to me, is a beat it, get the 1000 and get rid of it type game. RDR is a much better game with tons more replayability.

The overall score isn't an average and the achievements are a standalone value that bear no outcome on the final score.

Plus, Alan Wake has one of the best stories of this generation of games. Just because you can beat it in a rent and send it back, doesn't mean it's not an utterly fantastic game ;) It's not all about points you know.

The overall score isn't an average and the achievements are a standalone value that bear no outcome on the final score.

Plus, Alan Wake has one of the best stories of this generation of games. Just because you can beat it in a rent and send it back, doesn't mean it's not an utterly fantastic game ;) It's not all about points you know.

I've played through Alan Wake, it's a decent game but "the best story of this generation" is a little over the top. There were a few instances were I thought certain situations didn't make sense. Plus, Wake doesn't even have multiplayer or replay value, so it was obviously biased marking.

I personally would give RDR a better score, the story is even better than GTA4 and the missions are more enjoyable in comparsion.

I was actually really surprised to see an 89% on this game this morning, quite dissapointed actually.

I reckon the review well underates the game, really expected it to be well over in the 90s, one of my mates even said it might be the new top game on the 30 and had a good chance to beat GTA IV (98/99?)

Obviously not, The game should of got at least a 90 or so. IGN gave it 9.8 init?

Edited by Barad

... so it was obviously biased marking.

Obviously :rolleyes:

It certainly isn't as memorable in my opinion as Grand Theft Auto. The story didn't have the same gravitas and the missions were not as memorable - for instance, I'll always remember the bank job mission in GTA IV, whereas nothing stands out in RDR like that, not even close.

The review speaks for itself anyway, I've said my peace there. Just wanted to pop in and mention our scoring policy. And with that, I'll be off. I would have stayed and chatted about it, but as usual, people can't keep it civil and throw insinuations around like "bias." I don't have time to talk with people that obviously have an agenda because they don't agree with someone's opinion :)

Score doesn't mean anything. The whole point of a review is to tell people about the game, like how it plays and what you can do. Score is only an opinion of the writer and shouldn't really affect if you want to play it or not. I've seen plenty of games with bad scores that actually turned out to be quite good.

Grand Theft Auto 4 is still a better game in my opinion. And as for this being game of the year? It's only May, we still have plenty of time left for other games to come out. Some people are too quick to jump to conclusions.