Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Movies
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #31
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
*sigh* Just like Ender's game, another example of how you can fuck up an adaptation and an why you should just make your own original series to begin with...

World War Z was an amazing novel. It did something I've never seen in a Zombie story. It focused on the political nature of the outbreak. Every time I see a Zombie movie or game or book, it's always about how a small band of nobodies manages to get by and survive as long as possible. Where's the breakdown that explains how it all started? Where are the world nations convening and figuring out what the hell should be done. Where is the new world order that emerges from the chaos and brings humanity back from the brink of barbarism and anarchy as they begin to rebuild humanity amidst the dangerous new elements of the world?

That is what I liked about World War Z. It showed us everything. Patient 0 that began the infection, the initial downfall, the military attempting to fight something they don't understand and proving their imperfection, the military learning to adapt, the stories of different people in different places around the world and even the astronauts on the ISS at the time, life being rebuilt after the world has been pretty much reclaimed.

To my knowledge, the other issue is that I've never heard of a "finished" zombie story. Where has there even been a movie or a show where they eventually overcame the onslaught and lived out their lives? Or at least a story where it's declared that every last human on the planet had been killed and humanity had ultimately failed? World War Z is the only story I can think of that's actually had a conclusion.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
Metroid51X

The Neko Otaku's Gamercard
Since they fucked up the movie so bad I'm going to list off the things already wrong with this film and what I saw wrong with the latest trailer I saw
1. Zombies DON'T RUN
World war Z zombies move as fast(according to Zombie survival guide) one step per 1.5 seconds, that's not very fucking fast
2.The Outbreak Started in china
now for some stupid ass reason they moved the origin of the outbreak from china to russia,WTF?
3.there's a cure.....WHAT!!!?
yep this move is going to put some bullshit cure to stop the zombie outbreak, the zombie virus is 100% fatal and always end up in infection as the zombie survival guide puts its only cure is to make peace with your god and pull the trigger
4.the plot
World War Z is about the accounts and tales of people from all over the world who survived the outbreak not about some guy and his stupid ass family

if anyone else has spotted any other flaws with this horrible move please list them off
Metroid51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #33
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid51X View Post
Since they fucked up the movie so bad I'm going to list off the things already wrong with this film and what I saw wrong with the latest trailer I saw
1. Zombies DON'T RUN
World war Z zombies move as fast(according to Zombie survival guide) one step per 1.5 seconds, that's not very fucking fast
2.The Outbreak Started in china
now for some stupid ass reason they moved the origin of the outbreak from china to russia,WTF?
3.there's a cure.....WHAT!!!?
yep this move is going to put some bullshit cure to stop the zombie outbreak, the zombie virus is 100% fatal and always end up in infection as the zombie survival guide puts its only cure is to make peace with your god and pull the trigger
4.the plot
World War Z is about the accounts and tales of people from all over the world who survived the outbreak not about some guy and his stupid ass family

if anyone else has spotted any other flaws with this horrible move please list them off
I never read the book but these elements bother me too.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #34
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
I never read the book but these elements bother me too.
I'm glad I haven't read it either for the reasons already listed above.. they really should have just stuck a different title on the movie, cause other than that it seems worth watching. I like the idea of running zombies and the overall concept of outbreak on a global scale so a standalone movie would have been good by me.

I'm sick of zombie outbreak movies looking like this (more or less, pretend the steamroller is a horde of zombies):

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #35
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Those sick people don't even look that sick in the movie. You'd think there would be some wards at hospitals with some people being like "why the hell did they leave me alone?" and someone would have put it together before. Wasted film under the World War Z name. About the only thing they kept was Israel having a wall and zombies all over the world.
I was hoping a little more of the book would have made it through and even if not then maybe it could have been an additional untold story from the book.
I went with 8 people who hadn't read the books and even they thought it was just ok and parts were stupid.

That boy didn't seem too upset about his parents lol.

A guy in the theater shouted "they are crunking" and it got a big laugh when they were sneaking around WHO.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid51X View Post

1. Zombies DON'T RUN
This annoys me too, though I guess the target audience needs it otherwise the attention would wane =/

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #37
MopFlop

MopFlop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
This annoys me too, though I guess the target audience needs it otherwise the attention would wane =/
Surely the target audience are the people who have read the book... Otherwise why use the title.
MopFlop is offline   Reply With Quote