Info on Fakeloo

Nusentinsaino

Well, I'll come back to this later. Maybe watch a video on YouTube of how its done.

Tailing him by car is the easy part, Trying to follow him by foot is the tricky part that's where I kept messing up, I finally got it though the achievement pops after he leaves the travel agency

I think I misunderstood a bit...I decided to just come back at a later time and get the achievement so I finished the case. I CAN replay the case and get this achievement right? The way the original post is written it kinda seems like it's missable :/ Sorry if I sound stupid guys I just want to make sure ;)

You will fail the mission if he spots you.

I tailed him perfectly, he did not spot me, yet I didn't get the achievement. What's the deal?

The first time I did this case, when I was tailing him in my car, Roy said something like "we've been spotted. Back off" but the mission didn't fail. I ended up getting spotted on foot, so I didn't get the achievement that playthrough anyway, but maybe that's what happened to you and it counts as being spotted, even though it doesn't fail the mission.

I got this achievement today doing nothing differently than what I had done before. The achievement didn't pop until right after Roy handed me the cigarette case after the short cutscene. I don't know if this matters but I got it while working through all the vice cases in order.

damn it!!!

I failed on the grounds of letting him get too far away when I was literally right there at the travel agency (got caught up on that final corner for some reason

so I restarted the on foot portion again without getting spotted and still no achievement!!!!

fucking bullshit I technically wasn't spotted like the achievement says :(

Not a problem for me, got it first shot. If its not working for you, then you may need to restart the case, and just make sure you don't fail any part of this section.

I should also add that I did the case as part of the Vice desk, didn't select it through the menu, although i doubt that has anything to do with it... but you never know :p

To be safe dashboard quit.

You will have to go through the interview with Arnett and re-do the car tailing section, but that's the easy part.

I replayed this case 3 times so far. Should have done the dash quit the 2nd time.

My method

From your car run to the car in front of you (tire on back), hide at the right corner. Once he starts walking past the alley, run across the main road towards the pawn shop. Run until you reach one of the shops (with a violin). Go incognito. He will look around then cross one road straight ahead before making a 90 to cross another. Let him cross to the other side of the main road and walk a bit further. Run immediately across the main road to the other side (newsstand), stay out line of sight as you go straight across one more road. Hide at that corner (Bargains sign). He turns right into the area with the travel agency, run up to that corner (blue-black building) and go incognito at the rotating displays of cigars. It has to be right at the angled corner or you will fail as it counts as him getting away. Once he's in the doorway leave and run towards it.

Edited by leeloo