YOU help me decide!

Gorjira

Which one?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Standard
    • Limited
    • Legendary

My love for the Halo universe has returned. I've read "Halo: The Fall of Reach". I've played Halo:CE. I'm reading "Halo: First Strike". And I plan on playing both Halo 2 and 3 before Reach. But I'm at a loss for what edition to get!

I was originally done with Limited Edidions for a while. But my love for the universe has made me think otherwise... I want the Legendary one. But is it really worth it? One Hundred Pounds just for a figure that will gather dust? But this is a one off chance to get my paws on such a thing?

What about the Limited one? For a smaller price I can still get a piece of the Legendary Edition.

And of course, there is the standard copy. Normal retail price. Allowing me to obtain more games this year.

They all have their pros and cons!

I have a job, so this money won't be borrowed from my parents. I earn roughly £600 a month, so I can easy buy this. I'll be short for the month if I do, but I need YOU guys to help convince me.

The people who have got this Legendary pre-ordered. Tell me why, and if you think it's worth the money. For those who don't have it pre-ordered, tell me why. I will read every post and will decide by the end of the week.

My Halo Reach experience is now in your hands guys - what should I purchace?

i was/am in the same boat. i mean the legendary doesn't add anything gameplay wise, but i figure "what the hell, when i'm older it'll still look good." I like having nostalgic items on my shelves, like my original power rangers mega zord and dragonzord, my old dragonball z figures, and my old transformers. I neglected them when i had them, but i'm glad i never got rid of them because of how awesome it is to have those mementos. So i say legendary because in 10-15 years, you'll be like "yeah, that was epic." I'm preordering my copy today

Legendary of course. Or AT LEAST the Limited. You've read the books, you can't miss out on Halsey's journal.

As for why I bought the Legendary. I collect AUTOart model cars, they cost an average of $150 but can go way higher; I have a Veyron and a Diablo GTR that cost $200 and just ordered a $250 McLaren F1.

I also own every Halo book there is, all the games (limited editions of 2, 3, and ODST), and a Halo skin on my 360.

I don't mind spending money on quality things and I absolutely LOVE Halo, I couldn't pass up the journal in the Limited Edition or the statue. They both play to my interests.

i was/am in the same boat. i mean the legendary doesn't add anything gameplay wise, but i figure "what the hell, when i'm older it'll still look good." I like having nostalgic items on my shelves, like my original power rangers mega zord and dragonzord, my old dragonball z figures, and my old transformers. I neglected them when i had them, but i'm glad i never got rid of them because of how awesome it is to have those mementos. So i say legendary because in 10-15 years, you'll be like "yeah, that was epic." I'm preordering my copy today

I'm the same. I got the Black Edition of Assassin's Creed II and have only removed the Ezio figure once! It's still in the awesome case it came in.

Legendary of course. Or AT LEAST the Limited. You've read the books, you can't miss out on Halsey's journal.

As for why I bought the Legendary. I collect AUTOart model cars, they cost an average of $150 but can go way higher; I have a Veyron and a Diablo GTR that cost $200 and just ordered a $250 McLaren F1.

I also own every Halo book there is, all the games (limited editions of 2, 3, and ODST), and a Halo skin on my 360.

I don't mind spending money on quality things and I absolutely LOVE Halo, I couldn't pass up the journal in the Limited Edition or the statue. They both play to my interests.

True. This is a one off. I doubt you'll see these in the shops after release.

I'm swaying more towards the Legendary now...

Delivery estimate: 15 Sep 2010 1"Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)"

Video Game; £94.99

I just went for it. You all knew I would I'm sure. You only live once, might aswell waste your money while you've got money to waste! :p (I wouldn't call this wasting it, but I know others who will think it has been wasted).

I don't like how it's estimated for the 15th though! That's a day after release right? I've never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before, so I don't know how good they are. Do games show up on the release date or is it usually afterwards?

I'm getting Legendary because when I get my man-cave it's going to be decorated in gaming art like posters and sculptures and other stuff like this. Even though it's probably going to sit in the box for a couple more years, that Noble Team statue is just to gorgeous to pass up. Especially considering they're intentionally keeping the production numbers down on this one. I don't think it's going to be worth more in the future, but I do think it'll be pretty tough to find a few years from now.

If you have to even think for a second what edition you want to get then you're not a Halo fan. I already preorder and paid off $100 for my Legendary before it was even announced.

Sorry but considering the options of each edition doesn't make me a Halo fan? Just because I wasn't one of the few to pre-order it months ago doesn't make me any less of a fan than you bud.

Also, anyone fancy answering my question about Amazon?

Sorry but considering the options of each edition doesn't make me a Halo fan? Just because I wasn't one of the few to pre-order it months ago doesn't make me any less of a fan than you bud.

Yeah it does.

You'll be lucky if you can still find a Legendary Edition, I reckon. I know it's sold out is Australia.

Yeah it does.

You'll be lucky if you can still find a Legendary Edition, I reckon. I know it's sold out is Australia.

Wow dude, are you seriously pulling the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card? Really? Some people just don't have the money, or the need. Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so. Sheesh, what kind of a world is it where someone can get flamed for being responsible for their money? :confused:

Delivery estimate: 15 Sep 2010 1"Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)"

Video Game; £94.99

I don't like how it's estimated for the 15th though! That's a day after release right? I've never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before, so I don't know how good they are. Do games show up on the release date or is it usually afterwards?

It is indeed a day after, I ordered mine and have pre ordered all previous games from GAME and they usually have it to me on release date. Hopefully they do with this, as I am waiting for the Reach console and the Legendary edition. Took the week off work and everything.

You should have it on the 14th though, I think it means it would be 15th at the latest perhaps.

Wow dude, are you seriously pulling the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card? Really? Some people just don't have the money, or the need. Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so. Sheesh, what kind of a world is it where someone can get flamed for being responsible for their money? :confused:

What? lol.

I'm flaming you for how stupid you're sounding. You were saying something like "so it's not responsible for me to decide which edition to get" yet the title of this thread is "YOU help me decide". The information is out there on the internet, you make a decision based on what you think.

"Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so."

No, but that's not why I'm buying it. And I never said it would help me out. I'm buying it because it looks awesome. I don't even understand the point of that sentence, you only buy stuff if it gives you an advantage, but if it's a nice decorative limited number statue you have no need for it? I just want it because I like Halo and I think it would look cool next to my Spartan Helmet, and yes, that also doesn't help me out in game, I just like that too.

If you are responsible for money you would know which edition is the best for you and you wouldn't need this thread. If you're short on cash but want the Legendary Edition then just buy the regular edition and get Legendary sometime down the line when you have the money, like from eBay or somewhere.

If you're responsible for money then you would know how to budget to be able to get the Legendary edition and pay it off in time.

What? lol.

I'm flaming you for how stupid you're sounding. You were saying something like "so it's not responsible for me to decide which edition to get" yet the title of this thread is "YOU help me decide". The information is out there on the internet, you make a decision based on what you think.

"Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so."

No, but that's not why I'm buying it. And I never said it would help me out. I'm buying it because it looks awesome. I don't even understand the point of that sentence, you only buy stuff if it gives you an advantage, but if it's a nice decorative limited number statue you have no need for it? I just want it because I like Halo and I think it would look cool next to my Spartan Helmet, and yes, that also doesn't help me out in game, I just like that too.

If you are responsible for money you would know which edition is the best for you and you wouldn't need this thread. If you're short on cash but want the Legendary Edition then just buy the regular edition and get Legendary sometime down the line when you have the money, like from eBay or somewhere.

If you're responsible for money then you would know how to budget to be able to get the Legendary edition and pay it off in time.

lol Are you even looking at who's posting what? I was defending the other guy because you basically told him he wasn't a "true" fan for not getting the Legendary edition(which I'm also getting by the, it's been paid off for two months now) All I'm saying is that some people don't care for all the extra fluff that comes with an expensive collectors edition. Doesn't make them any less of a fan of anything.

It is indeed a day after, I ordered mine and have pre ordered all previous games from GAME and they usually have it to me on release date. Hopefully they do with this, as I am waiting for the Reach console and the Legendary edition. Took the week off work and everything.

You should have it on the 14th though, I think it means it would be 15th at the latest perhaps.

That's what I'm hoping for. Play and Zavi send their games so people get them on release, so here's to hoping Amazon are the same!

lol Are you even looking at who's posting what? I was defending the other guy because you basically told him he wasn't a "true" fan for not getting the Legendary edition(which I'm also getting by the, it's been paid off for two months now) All I'm saying is that some people don't care for all the extra fluff that comes with an expensive collectors edition. Doesn't make them any less of a fan of anything.

Spot one. My girlfriend anit having me have a statue of Spartans in our bedroom. Doesn't make me less of a fan. But hey does that mean me getting the halo reach limited console and any1 who doesn't get it is less of fan?

I know you've already made your choice and you've said that money isn't a big object to you, but I'd say just go with the Limited Edition and get the Legendary at a later date. I know they've said "But the Legendary Edition is going to be SUPER limited in number, if you want one pre-order it NOW!" They said the exact same thing about the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 and right now, on Amazon.com they have Halo 3: Legendary Edition, list price $129.99, amazon's price $56.99. So I'd say, change that pre-order to the regular or limited edition and wait a couple of years to get the legendary edition for less than half its release day price. Afterall, the only thing you are missing out on is just a statue and some spartan armor, and then only for a couple years until you do get the legendary edition at a much better price.