Closure?! (SPOILER)

MadaRenrut

okay after reading all those stories from the red books, after making the run through the level with the fire coming after you, just to watch him go back through it in reverse....which brings me to a question which is i want to know WHY CAN'T HE JUMP LIKE THAT DURING THE REST OF THE GAME!!!

does any of the stories at the end make any sense? do you really have closure on knowing whats going on?

Edited by MadaRenrut

I think he's a stalker.. when you rewind the level with the fire wall it seems that the girl is actually running away from you because you watched her through the window and the knight is saving her from you.

wow your right!! i didn't even think about it, i was to busy thinking what the heck do i have to do now she is laying in bed and i can't get to her through this window....and now saying that it is kinda of even creepy that i was trying to get to her in her bed and she did run away. nice thought!!

okay after reading all those stories from the red books, after making the run through the level with the fire coming after you, just to watch him go back through it in reverse....which brings me to a question which is i want to know WHY CAN'T HE JUMP LIKE THAT DURING THE REST OF THE GAME!!!

Because he's going backwards, even though he's facing forwards. He's not jumping up to those high platforms, he's falling in reverse!

I thought the ending was absolutely brilliant. Puts everything in a whole new light. When I was reversing time, as soon as I noticed she was running away instead, and dropping the ladders and such, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. The "I've got you!" parts with the 'boss' are great, too.

Very, very clever.

Yeah, it is a truly insane story. I was a bit shocked when I realized that Tim may not be the hero we thought. He does love this woman, but he obviously does not communicate his thoughts well. I still do not believe that the whole time I was running around just to stalk someone. I guess we all get carried away at times.

I think he's a stalker.. when you rewind the level with the fire wall it seems that the girl is actually running away from you because you watched her through the window and the knight is saving her from you.

This is correct. Even the speech between the princess and the knight makes sense in reverse. One of the most thought-provoking games I've ever played. I'm going to go back and re-read all the red books tomorrow.

Now dont make fun of me but I found extra story if you do the puzzles in the epilogue (an example being the platform one where you rise up above the books and then jump onto the rock to the left of the screen and you get new paragraphs). I just thought to add it here for people who miss that part and to also ask for some help on the puzzles because I've only gotten 3 of the 6 or so.

Now dont make fun of me but I found extra story if you do the puzzles in the epilogue (an example being the platform one where you rise up above the books and then jump onto the rock to the left of the screen and you get new paragraphs). I just thought to add it here for people who miss that part and to also ask for some help on the puzzles because I've only gotten 3 of the 6 or so.

Yea, I'm just missing the one in room 3. I don't know how to grab the red book in the middle and go behind the statue without hitting one of the green books.

The problem is, the story jumps to so many things. The ending could mean one of many things. In a way the game offers 2 puzzles. The game play and the story.

Edited by Zee

For all those that are interested/confused about the storyline, check out this forum post that I found. http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=190136&st=0

Mind you that there are MANY spoilers; however, it helped me sort everything out and made everything much more understandable!

well from reading his post, it seems like he has the information to back it up, but if this game is really about the pursuit of developing the atomic bomb, then that's awful and it really just ruined it for me. i was caught up in the idea of a twisted stalker love story. shame

I just don't know if I have the patience to go for the stars in this. But yes, the atomic connection is there, but it's not the "true" story. Instead it works on multiple levels of telling. Reading those passages, some are very human and do tell of Tim's personal "skills". But his relationship goes to crap over his obsession with the bomb (the true princess?). Very involved, but I too was hoping for a bit more closure. It was a great last stage though.

dont the pictures mean anything??

i mean, first one, he and the girl are romping in a grassy area, having a few drinks and getting ro know each other, then there is the wedding, then him leaving the home, sitting in teh airport depressed cos hes lost his wife, and then finally lonely in teh city at a homeless persons trash can fire. IMO hes a scientist, who got too wrapped up in his work, hes forgotten why he lost his love, all he can remember is teh braid lashing him in teh face. they must have fought and it must have been bitter for her to be running now. and all teh while tim doesnt know why hes alone, there are just shattered fragments of memories and hes trying to piece it together.

but i fully take teh stalker idea, if not a stalker hes just got issues and doesnt know hes terrorising her, hes just trying to find her.

For all those that are interested/confused about the storyline, check out this forum post that I found. http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=190136&st=0

Mind you that there are MANY spoilers; however, it helped me sort everything out and made everything much more understandable!

After reading this guy's thread everything makes sense. I really liked the stalker theory, but by the research in that thread all of the clues come together and make this game much more darker than I thought.

"And the one point that rounds all this off – in the pursuit of the eighth star, Tim finally manages to reach the upper half of the screen, and come into contact with the princess herself. What happens?

She fucking explodes."

Hah I love the way that the guy ended his post on the forum. I totally back up the nuclear idea, It seemed there was more going on when there was the qoute about "us all being sons of bitches now" from the trinity test.