Games With Gold version Patched (Finally)

Agent JFG

I had a REAL hard time adjusting to this at first! The difference in aggro ranges was a bitch getting used to because version 1.00 acclimated me to taking on more enemies at once. Now the game is slightly less wild and more finesse-y than before.

After some practice (and starting a new game) I'm a bit better at it. I never thought I'd say that the more difficult version seemed easier to me than the scaled-down update. :biglaugh

EDIT - I also never thought I'd love this game as passionately as I do. It's totally brilliant!

Edited by Ten Foot Bunny

I had a REAL hard time adjusting to this at first! The difference in aggro ranges was a bitch getting used to because version 1.00 acclimated me to taking on more enemies at once. Now the game is slightly less wild and more finesse-y than before.

After some practice (and starting a new game) I'm a bit better at it. I never thought I'd say that the more difficult version seemed easier to me than the scaled-down update. :biglaugh

EDIT - I also never thought I'd love this game as passionately as I do. It's totally brilliant!

I'm glad someone else felt that way too. Having played Dark Souls before, coming back to the un-patched version felt different in a bunch of ways, and yeah, the enemies definitely felt like they aggro from much further away.

Glad you are enjoying the game!

I love that this became free and so many other people are getting to experience it.

I had played it about a year ago, got about 50 hours deep and pretty far into the game and took a break. I am now getting back into it since it's been patched and I can revisit my old save. Not sure why I ever stopped because when I picked it back up a couple days ago I marathon played for nearly 9 hours straight and got lost in it all over again.