Professional Is No Joke In This DLC

MARK1219KRAM

Almost done with my Professional playthrough of this DLC to net the achievement. But man, it has been kicking my ass the whole way through. All I have to do now is the last bit surviving while waiting for the helicopter.

Playing this DLC on Professional is not for the weak minded haha. This was the first time I actually considered throwing my controller out the window after being reaper-meat for the 20th time.

So, I am offering this bit of advice - play with another human being if you can to beat this DLC on Professional because your partner AI likes to watch you die ... a lot.

With that said, for those who have beat Desperate Escape on Professional do you have any tips and/or tricks you would like to share with us lesser beings to help aid us in beating this little bastard.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't beat it on Professional yet, but one thing that helps is to hoard the rocket launchers for the end. It will do away with a Reaper in one hit, even on Pro if I recall correctly. Proximity Mines help too, if you can make the Reaper be the one to step on it.

first part, run, run and still run!

final part:

First of all, take all the ammunition. but above all the grenades are useful, these scales are beginning to understand the bottom and kill the enemies by controlling both the right and left, then when it starts to get the Executioner from the elevator, as it approaches to you along with zombie, if they are too throws a grenade in order to remove them later, after you walk in the other side where there are other scales, in this case the enemies will only reach the front, and there are two flights, I and my friends have continued to run continuously firing an occasional grenade. then if an enemy approached close to explosives tried to shoot.

Ps: sorry bad english..

Edited by Jericho Cross X

I'm not even going to attempt to run Professional Solo.

Rather have one of my friends with me who'll watch my back, and actually heal me when I get one-shotted by a crossbow.

;)

And Frag Grenades can work pretty good on Reapers, too.

Just gotta make it land right at their feet when it goes off.

At the very least, it'll blow off some of their legs, buying you precious seconds to unload on 'em, or run away.

:uzi:

I just beat pro with a coop friend, it was pretty hard, but doable-ish :p aside from all the tips that've been said here, its a good idea to use the rocket turrets (mostly the 3rd one you run across) to kill as many majini as you can, but i dont think they do anything to reapers except make em roll around for a second...

Pick up all magnum ammo you find just in case you do get a magnum, and if you do, save the ammo for the finale and itll be easy as cake.. at least I'm assuming it will, I didn't get a magnum..

On the finale what my partner and I did was go to the far corner across from the elevator (not diagonally across with the hole, but the corner next to that) and i camped the right alley (looking towards the elevator) with a sniper rifle and pistol, while he camped the other alley (with his back as far in the corner as possible to avoid majini attacking through the door) with a shotgun and machine gun, and this took care of the normal majini easily enough.. I spammed my handgun (not going for melees, too risky) on majini close to me, but used the rifle on the guys further away, plus chainsaw bastards and the first J.J. (go for headshots if you do this, helps a lot).. then i used one of our two rocket launchers on the second J.J., last launcher on the agitator, and just unloaded everything we had (including a few random flash grenades when we got overrun) on majini till the time ran out.. it's obviously a big help to stockpile ammo through the whole game..

Another tip I can give is to try your hardest to get from one checkpoint to another without using any healing items... sometimes it'll be too hard not to, but even if you get to the checkpoint with no health, it's better to still have the healing item for later..

I'm definitely not much of a guide-writer but hopefully this helps :p

Great tips guys!

I actually beat it solo about 20 minutes after I originally posted the thread.

The adrenaline was pumping like no other as the last ten seconds were counting down. I actually jumped up with arms outstretched when I did it. A pathetic moment yes ... but I was just so happy.

Keep the tips coming as I am sure others could use the help and would greatly appreciate it.

I actually did this by myself on Professional. A cheap tactic I found useful is whenever you get a checkpoint and are being swarmed by enemies, restart from the current checkpoint. That way, once you restart, all the enemies following you will be gone. However, you can't go back to a previous area if you use this method.

Mini tip as my girlfriend and I just beat it:

Reapers are a one hit kill to the chest with the magnum (when the spot is exposed)...I didn't know this and I have like 100+ hours logged on this game haha. My gf had the magnum so she was on bug duty, I'm taking the majini out and they just get dropped instantly.

Other than that, yes, run away. A lot lol.

Another tip for folks is abuse ladders OFTEN, especially with knives. Notice how there's a ladder up to every turret? Run past all the enemies, hop up the ladder, and knife them as they try to follow you up. You'll preserve ammo doing this.

As far as the finale goes, me and a friend immediately ran for higher ground and took cover in one corner, the one actually opposite the elevator that the Executioner/Chainsaw/Agitator Majini pop out of. He watched one ladder, I watched the other. I had the handgun and the sniper rifle, so I was mainly just shooting dudes as they tried to make their way up my ladder and the occasional one who would drop down from above, while my friend had the shotgun and submachine gun and was the one actually taking down the Executioner Majinis and the Reapers that would occasionally pop up (we counted two Reapers, two Executioners).

The beginning was horrible and after my co-op partner and I reached the third checkpoint after nearly half an hour we wanted to cancel because it was so annoying, but fortunately we didn't. In the big area with plenty of those rocket launchers we ran through in no time and kept running till the last part of the game.

And there we got so damn lucky because there was only an executioner and no fucking gatling gun guy ;) also my friend had about 60 shots with the shotgun so he was no big deal and after the executioner a reaper came and we just ran away from him for the last five minutes, took us only one try :D

but all in all it was really annoying and hard, I think even the main game is not that difficult.

just finish pro in single play

find a safty place you feel good where you can always return to,

and use sniper to finish the followed enemies

save shot gun ammo for the finale,

as you may need to finish the upcoming guys asap,

while being chased by the reaper or executioner

i am not a skilled player,

so i thought i fought like a coward in D.E pro,

but it works, still needing patience to retry hell many times...

beat it with a friend tonight, wasnt so bad apart from the finale, probably cos we really knew the layout of the level from playing it on veteran. wouldve been a lot harder if wed try to meet the enemy head on.

for the first area we jumped straight down into the action, grabbed the key out of the office right under you when you first come in, the climbed the ladder across from that ground level office. flashbangs in the office at the top of the ladder, which are incredibly handy for making light work of majini that decide to sprout huge parasites.

**note - it seems that if you open the safe in the higher office first, the key will be in there, then when you go to the lower office there will be a pistol upgrade instead of flashbangs! both have plenty of uses, we preferred the 'bangs.**

to save ammo, from the top of that ladder we knifed anyone that came up until there was no one left. then you run into a crab parasite majini near the gate - flashbang when the parasite is exposed, one hit kill.

the next bit where you need another key to continue, we killed all the respawning enemies by luring them back into the corridor you start off in, shooting them in the legs and meleeing them on the floor to save ammo. when walking down the path stopped triggering them, we went into the little room on the right at the bottom of the slope for the shotgun in the locker, then walked towards the locked door to spawn the JJ zombie. we ignored all other zombies and killed him to get the key, then bailed fast out the previously locked door.

for the turret section, we ran like hell. the insects are dangerous but really easy to outmanouvre. we ran past every enemy we could (pretty much just killing ones directly blocking our path if we couldnt go round them) until we got to the rooftop finale.

in the finale we were on the balcony thing above the elevator. one person was shooting left where they climb up, the other right down the walkway. when the first JJ comes, he jumps right in front of you, we just gave him hell with machine gun n shottie, both meleeing him when possible. he dies very quickly. 1st chainsaw man comes from the right, the person looking right takes him down quite easily with a sniper rifle or magnum. 2nd chainsaw guy will probably appear on the left, just run to the other side of the balcony and take him down from afar, and take down the resurrected 1st chainsaw man whilst youre at it. same tactics for any further appearances, except when red JJ turned up i ran to the otherside and RPG'd him :D

I don't have this yet, because the person I was playing with decided to back out when he got tired of dying. So here's the strategy that works (if only he hadn't been impatient, we'd have made it).

#1) BE PATIENT. If you need to fall back, do so. In the area with the two chainsaw/minigun people, you can fall back to the first hallway or hole up in the small room where the weapon is. If you die, take it easy. Just try again.

In the area with the three cannons and the executioners, DON'T start moving forward immediately. Stay at the top, snipe the guys who get on the first cannon. Don't have a sniper rifle? Pop them with a pistol. I even did it with the SMG. DON'T MOVE FORWARD UNTIL YOU'VE KILLED THEM. Kill ALL of the flame crossbow people from the top.

That is why I say patience is important. If you get tired of dying and decide to run as fast as you can, you will die over and over, guaranteed. But if you stay put and defend a good position (like the very top, or the narrow concrete bridge at the beginning of the cannon area), you'll be fine.

#2) Kill EVERYTHING before moving on. If you move on without clearing an area, you will trigger the next wave of enemies, and then you're in real trouble. This one ties in with #1.

#3) Divvy up weapons so that between you and your partner, there is only one of each weapon. You don't need two SMGs and two handguns and two rifles. If you have to, discard the first handgun and take the H&K. Replace the first SMG with the better one.You may end up having to both have a rifle or smg, just because the weapon spawns seem to work out that way sometimes, but that's ok. This rule is important because you don't want to be running out of ammo. If each person has unique weapons, then they only need certain ammo types, and you don't have to worry about your partner taking a box of SMG bullets that you badly need. And there's no time lost swapping ammo while majini are trying to kill you.

Add me if you're patient and ready to get this achievement. I'm tired of hotheads wanting to go in guns blazing and running to their deaths. GT: AnonymousHero13

Another hint for the last battle:

Take positions in the very corner of the level, behind the building. One person looks toward the hole in the floor and the transformer (which you can shoot down and electrocute people with. The other person looks the other way (perpendicular) down the narrow passage behind the building, and also watches the door of the building.

This has worked every time for me. The transformer helps you deal lots of damage in one shot, and you can kill the boss majini easy with the transformer. Just tell your partner when the boss stuff is coming.

Use a human (Obviously)

At the final battle, about 3 minutes in, just start taking laps around the roof.

At the part with the rocket launcher turrets just keep moving. Don't dally trying to grab some of the out of the way items. Trying to pick off turret wielders on the other side of the map with a turret you're on, is a great help.

When you split up, don't fool around. Get to the door thats blocking your partner while avoiding as many enemies as you can.

Immediately after the rocket turret part, you'll notice an executioner roaming the building, avoid him, as far as I know he cannot be killed. A rocket turret might do it but I've never tried.

CONSERVE YOUR AMMO. Contrary to the mercenaries, ammo drops for weapons you don't possess. All 5 types of ammo (Not grenade launchers) will drop no matter what you've got.

Me & my brother-in-law just finished it this morning on pro. This would be our 3rd run through from the beginning on pro, and our umteenth time dying and going back from checkpoint.

We gathered up all the ammo we could, but all we had was his pistol & magnum, and I had a machine-gun (we ran like little girls through the 1st 2/3rds of the game) and parked ourselves in the corner facing the elevator (taking out the red barrels first as we've blown ourselves up more than once accidentally). Had 2 Machine-Gun Guys, 3 ChainSaw Guys, and at the very end, we ran out of ammo with 20 seconds left.

So again, we ran like little girls.

He just barely missed getting a point object in his head at the last 2 seconds.

Oh, and I stabbed one of the machine-gun guys to death when I ran out of ammo as he kept shooting at my partner.

I just beat this solo, the best thing that worked for me was to run to the checkpoints as fast as i could and restarting the checkpoint so all the guys following me would disappear. When you get to the end just shoot every one as they climb up the ladders. I didn't have any health items by the time i got to the roof but had plenty of ammo.

o...m....g...no kidding!

I just beat it solo...clock timed in at 2hours and 30 minutes..I was banging my head against the wall....the machine gun guy that came out at the 4:11 mark (i know, I must have tried 50 times)...man what a nightmare.

I was shaking when i finally got the the real 30 seconds left..and collapsed when I got the cutscene. Very tough achievement to get solo!