Have 2kSports done their homework?

MangeM

With two upcoming games (The Bigs & All-Pro Football 2k8) will Europe be "forgotten" once more?

I fully accept and understand that the market might be to small to warrant a PAL-release, but there is no reason to opt for region coding on the NTSC-release.

Considering all PS3-games are region free there is no real reason to still region code their 360 counterparts, any possible issues that could've been used as an excuse in the past is no longer valid.

IMHO there's never been anything else than unwillingness on 2kSports part when it comes to this, although I don't understand why they would opt out of possible additional sales at no added cost.

Speculation from us gamers have mostly been about legal rights (distribution, licenses etc.) but with the PS3 that possibility is ruled out, they would either have to cripple the PS3 version or not releasing it at all should that have been the case.

Is there another valid reason as to why the wouldn't do it?

Sure, Sony "force" their publishers to make games region free, but with that in mind wouldn't it be stupid to stick to a no region free-policy for 360 only?

Well, that's my rant of the day I guess.

From a Common sense point, ya, it doesn't make much sense at all IMO.

But from a dollars and cents point, (which is all M$ really uses), I'm sure they assume all the business they would get making games region free, would be negated by what they will lose on Gamerscore whores who buy games 3 times from different regions so they can boost there score.

Microsofts involvement in this issue would be limited at best, and considering that the games distributed by Microsoft Game Studios are region free it's not really true either.

Aside from Enchanted Arms, Saints Row BRD and a few more, most games only count once.

So that factor is not really vital to this case, taking the fact that no release outside the US exists for these games it's, no additional money could be made should that have been the case.

Fact is, the only way any additional money could be made was if 2kSports made these games region free, possibly only a few thousand sales but still (more sales at no added cost means more $).

Personally I imported an NTSC Xbox 360 so that I could play all the titles across the board. In doing this, I have actually realised that I can get the new titles for less than the prices charged for PAL titles. (Roughly anywhere between £26.50 - £33.81).

I think that all titles should be region free, I mean surely the people whom make the games want them to be played and enjoyed by as many people as possible, and whichever way you look at it, a sale is a sale.

Should I find a NTSC 360 at a reasonable price I'd probably get one, but as you said, this shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps we'll see a change sometime, they can't ignore this issue forever.

And to anwer my own inital question, The Bigs is confirmed as being region coded.

Since I've seen no mention of an international release it seems as they obviously didn't do their homework...