Sniper Patch

Animal Mother

Has the patch to fix those fucking snipers out yet or does anyone know when it will be? I ain't playing the shit right until it is but it's EA so i'm prepared to wait.

To be fare. A Sniper Rifle in real life can kill you from miles away and this game was just reenacting this because it's based on real life. Now its people like you who have gotten Quick Scoping Gimped in Call of Duty Black Ops. I don't understand why people want to get rid of things just because they don't like it.

To be fare. A Sniper Rifle in real life can kill you from miles away and this game was just reenacting this because it's based on real life. Now its people like you who have gotten Quick Scoping Gimped in Call of Duty Black Ops. I don't understand why people want to get rid of things just because they don't like it.

a couple of points:

i like the whole one hit kill thing for snipers, if you get hit in the chest with a bullet you ain't going to carry on trooping. but quick scoping is absolutely ridiculous if you're pushing for real life scenarios, it takes time to line up a shot and calculation with the wind target speed etc. so flicking the cope to your eye and pulling the trigger should make it less accurate not more.

Sounds like you are one that is a camper. If so you are part of the problem camping and spawn killing that has ruined this game.

The fact of the matter is this update for the snipers wouldn't be so controversial if 8 out of 12 players on either team in a typical MoH match weren't snipers themselves. It's become apparent that the sniper class is the go-to class for fast leveling because of how "real" it's been portrayed - when compared to the other classes. Ideally it doesn't take 10-or-so rounds from an AK47 or M4A1 to take down a person either - 3-5 rounds in the right areas is just as "real" as one sniper round to the head or torso.

Some bolt action rifles (like the SV-98 and M24 as portrayed in Medal of Honor) actually use similar 7.62mm rounds as an assault rifle would, though, so the stopping power is not entirely munitions-related. This would only go to show that the sniper weapons seem to be utilizing magnum rounds - rounds which an SV-98 is not really built for, though the M24 can dish them out in one variation or two.

The point is, "realism" doesn't make for balanced gameplay. The AK47's design overpowers the M16 at the cost of accuracy; the M4A1 uses similar rounds to the M16 and yet is strangely underpowered; and the SV-98 is being made comparable to the M24 when in most "real" cases it is not. The only balanced "realism" I see here is between the M21 and Dragunov battle rifle systems.

DICE's attempt at portraying "realism" in this game is understandable - but they seem to have focused on only one class when they did so. In which case, the other classes are underpowered in comparison by a long shot. So the update had to address either one of two things: either bring the sniper class more in line, or bring the other two classes in line with the sniper. Which do you think would've been the easier way out (involved less work)?

tl;dr the number of snipers in any one match was a primary issue that gave reason for especially addressing the sniper class in this update. With that said, the main purpose of the update was to encourage more objective-based playing - too many snipers does not make for an active lobby. "Realism" was not, never is, and never should be the argument for the competitive shooter genre. "Realism" is meant for the simulator genre.

Edited by stuhp

I played combat misson and team assault the score in assault was supposed to be like 1600 and sniping is still one shot. is the patch just for pc? or consoles, eventually?

The patch is live for the consoles as well. The score for team assault has been upped to increase game-time, and you were more than likely shot from a close distance. Some 8 meters or so is still a one-hit kill from a bolt action rifle when you hit the torso.

Patched, my arse.

I've been playing this somewhat sporadically since a week or so after its release and one hit kills/sniping hasn't decreased what-so-ever. Unless I can see an actual factual statement from EA/Dice confirming they have done something about this I refuse to believe they have.

I just played 10 games tonight and the only way I could actually get kills was to be a fucking Sniper and Snipe dopey cunts sitting way back at the map sniping me. What is it with every ten year old thinking that the only way to play MP shooters is to Snipe? COD had it, this has it and Battlefield had it - even to the extent where people weren't playing the game properly by capturing the objectives, but instead spent the whole map just Sniping people.

It's ironic because the game Sniper Ghost Warrior, made for Sniping game-play isn't played as much as any of these. I'm not going to talk about realism because the fact of the matter is this;

• A bullet won't always kill.
  • Multiple bullets rarely don't kill or incapacitate
  • Bullets for the most part, nearly always incapacitate enemies and if you got shot twice and hit the deck like you probably almost definately would then every twat would be lying on the floor having a fag break waiting to be finished off.

Now, if realism means little to an online MP when it comes to living and dying - which it should mean little to by the way, then the least they can fucking do is make it a fair shot for everyone. I'm fed up with 90% of all my deaths being caused by a Sniper Rifle and I'm more than fed up with having to join them just to beat them. I like the first person shooter genre, I do, but I'm going completely off MP that has some goofy dipshit at the back of the map with a Rifle picking random people off with one shot whilst people who actually want to run around and shoot, be a Rambo if you will are nothing more than cannon fodder.

Dice, if you're not wanting us as players to run around a map looking for enemies in a spot and clear situation, then why not spawn every player into one location they cannot move from with a Rifle, because really, it's pointless having a wide open space when it's only occupied by the odd cannon fodder running through it looking for enemies when everyone else is on a fucking rooftop blasting them away with one shot to the leg (yes I got a one shot kill tonight with a leg shot - its pathetic).

I think this game would seriously benefit from having a maximum amount of Sniping players per game, say 2 per side and or switching the opportunity to be one around so that the other remaining 20 players are forced to play with one of the other two classes. At least that way, people can communicate with each other as to the best course of action and the Snipers actually have to consider where they go and how that effects their team on a very fluent real time basis.

But hey, I'd settle for a fucking update that just means Snipers can't one shot me anywhere but the head. They can shove 'realism' up their fucking ass, if I wanted realism, I'd join the fucking army.

Edited by Music-My-Savior