Who would you put in the game?

If it were up to you? Bare in mind the developers initially started with sonic on foot and Gilius as a beast rider but it didn't work and drifting was an issue so the formula for adding characters has to be either an aircraft, bike or car for it to work.

You can look at this list for some classic sega franchises: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_video_game_franchises

I think it would be cool if somehow they implemented:

Afterburner - Imagine an Allstar move firing at your opponents!

Ferrari F355 - Just for eye candy

Bayonetta - on a motorcycle

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Shenmue or Crazy Taxi then?

Although Bonanza Bros did make me laugh when I heard it announced.

I can't get past Ryo, I don't have anything against his game but he just looks too wierd in a cartoony world. I hate it when he comes in the top 3 standing next to a bunch of cartoon lookin characters.

Sega has spawned a shit load of Sonic characters they could have used instead, I would have loved to see Coconuts, Scratch and Grounder from the old cartoon series make it in.

Hmm.. one problem though was they spawn way too many Sonic characters. I'm so glad Cream isn't it but I do like your suggestion of Scratch & Grounder. That would be interesting but I don't think SEGA is interested in using them and hasn't been for a while (last I recall is Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine!).

Thing is, what else could they possibly make up for Espio, Vector, Fang, Rouge. I just couldn't see them fit in without generic allstar moves.

Metal Sonic: He's just the car. (Knightrider, anyone?)

That would be pretty cool, I wouldn't mind one of the dude from the 18 Wheeler game, I love me some trucks.

Or a car form the old school Sega Rally Championship! No clue what its special would be though.

Or a car from the Daytona series but again I have no clue what its all star would be.

Edited by master_shake_350

i was suprised at the lack of sonic characters they hit the main ones but come on Big? personally I think Silver and Blaze were some of the best concept wise they just werent implemented well, but i'd still pick them over big. Its sonic and sega all stars so i guess i just think sonic characters should outnumber the characters from other series. Thats why mario kart did so well for one reason you dont see zelda on a horse in that game, or Amus. Kinda turned me off a bit from the game would love to see them as DLC though

More like who would I take OUT of the game? All non-sonic characters.

Please this is hardley a Sonic game, it's a superstars game. If anything I would take out most of the sonic characters myself, leaving Sonic and possibly Robotnik. Although I will grant you that they had too many sonic tracks compared to anything else throwing off the ratio.

This is just me talking, I really like Sonic as much as the next guy. But Sonic's been lame since Sonic Adventure 2 imo. Heroes was buggy as hell, Shadow was less buggy I thought and pretty fun imo but still not quiet right, Sonic06 I never want to even see again, unleashed was pretty good I will admit but the werehog was a bit naff. TBH I think i'm the only one in the world who thinks Sonic 4 looks rubbish.

Sega should drop Sonic for a while and do something else instead I think. Give the hedgehog a much needed vacation :)

Edited by Vincentdante

Altered Beast - The Dragon could be your Vehicle and you can have an Electric Stun special move

Dynamite Headdy would be good but cant think of a vehicle/power. Vehicle only because there isnt really any in the game.. maybe a magical rug (I think that was in the game) and the power because through the game you get quite a few.. maybe a it could be random out of 3 main heads you get out of the game..?

I would love to put Ecco in there just for a laugh!

Super Monkey Ball - Obviously the Ball would be the vehicle and maybe something DK stuff with the Bananas as the power.

Dynamite Headdy would be good but cant think of a vehicle/power. Vehicle only because there isnt really any in the game.. maybe a magical rug (I think that was in the game) and the power because through the game you get quite a few.. maybe a it could be random out of 3 main heads you get out of the game..?

I don't quite know what this "magical rug" is that you're referring to in Headdy. But I agree on an appearance from him. Maybe his All-Star attack could be throwing the keys down on the players from the Keymasters (similar to Banjo-Kazooie's Jiggy Rain attack), or the power from one of his heads that he can get in the game at random? I can certainly see the "shooting star" and the "shield" ones working, and maybe the "pig" head or even the "vacuum cleaner" head to vacuum up items from other players?

Super Monkey Ball - Obviously the Ball would be the vehicle and maybe something DK stuff with the Bananas as the power.

Ai-Ai from Super Monkey Ball already made the cut with the Bananamobile, and gets in the Super Monkey Ball for his All-Star move.

As for characters I would like to see? There are a lot of obscure ones that I can think of that aren't obvious choices. Rolo (from Rolo to the Rescue) might be a good one, with the ability to shoot lemonade (or even hedgehogs!) out of his trunk like a cannon for the All-Star move?

Or Cosmic Spacehead (although I know he's been on multiple formats), since he already has a car (the bumpercar from the race to win a ticket to Detroitica), although not exactly sure what his All-Star move could be. Maybe the rocket he made in Linograd?

Please this is hardley a Sonic game, it's a superstars game.

You are just mad that it is a Sonic game you can't do anything about it. I am not even going to bother reading your post because of how flawed any logic of this NOT being a Sonic game is. Anyone who doesn't see that this is a Sonic game must have some kind of Sega complex.

Which appears to describe you.

You are just mad that it is a Sonic game you can't do anything about it. I am not even going to bother reading your post because of how flawed any logic of this NOT being a Sonic game is. Anyone who doesn't see that this is a Sonic game must have some kind of Sega complex.

How is it a Sonic game? It's actually halfway decent.

It's a Sega fanservice game with a disproportionate amount of Sonic in because he and his castmates are the first characters that most Sega fans nowadays know. I personally picked this up for the fact that it was Sega ALL-STARS over it being a Sonic game.

Hahaha ok then have it your way kid :p I think your just mad because someone challenges your view of the situation.

Edited by Vincentdante