Rumor: Future DLC

Jet1337

I read an article at examiner.com and basically what it said is that there will be two more DLC's, one of them smaller than Dragonborn and the other one, bigger. One of them will involve the history of the dwarves, snow elves, and the ancient nords. The other one will focus on the new high king of Skyrim and the war against the elves, most likely the Thalmor ( what other elves are there? ). The guy who wrote the article says that he's friends with someone who works at Bethesda.

It also says that spears will be introduced in one of the DLC's, presumably the former.

HERE IS THE ARTICLE IF YOU LIKE ANNOYING ADS POPPING UP IN YOUR FACE

I've been seriously wanting a DLC for Skyrim that involves the Dwenmer or seeing the return of the Daedre. I guess they will save the Daedre for TES: Six, but the Dwarves I expect to actually see play out seeing as Skyrim has a so much about them.

Hmmm, maybe... I dunno.

Think about Vader in Star Wars; doesn't he seem less cool now they've "explained" him? I share the curiosity but I get the feeling nothing they could come up with would be good enough.

If they try I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

[...]It also says that spears will be introduced in one of the DLC's, presumably the former.

How about lanterns that you can actually use to light up caves as you maraud? Found it so dumb that they're unusable and the unlit ones are just misc items.

Hoping Dragonborn isn't the final DLC, there's a lot more they could do with this game :)

I don't see how we're going to go to war with the Thalmor, unless they intend to make up some bullshit that the Thalmor wiped the other Imperial Legions off the map. Somerset Isles is on the other side of the continent, and if they went to war, neutralizing Cyrodiil would be their priority, not Skyrim.

A coronation would be nearly fruitless, especially more if you acquire the Jagged Crown and win the Civil War for a side. This sounds purely like rumors, but the game is far from over.

I don't see how we're going to go to war with the Thalmor, unless they intend to make up some bullshit that the Thalmor wiped the other Imperial Legions off the map. Somerset Isles is on the other side of the continent, and if they went to war, neutralizing Cyrodiil would be their priority, not Skyrim.

A coronation would be nearly fruitless, especially more if you acquire the Jagged Crown and win the Civil War for a side. This sounds purely like rumors, but the game is far from over.

:whs

I completely agree with all of this.

Old

Anyway, I was laughing when I heard about people crying about no spears. I must have said two or three times on youtube that people should learn to interpret the attack commands better and not get their hopes up.

So yeah, I have no idea what they could do as new DLC. My first guess would be trying to get the PS3 not to fail and get the DLC's to work.

Seeing as the Dragonborn DLC deals with Morrowind and the fact that awhile back people put up images of Solstheim (first picture below), Morrowind, and Red Mountain from the game shortly after Skyrim released then I would assume we'd see a Cyrodill/Imperial City expansion because of images like the second, third, and forth below. It could be very plausible that we would travel to Cyrodill, but only be contained to the Imperial City island. That would make it comparable in size to Solstheim/Dragonborn.

http://nogamenotalk.com/files/2011/11/Skyrim-Morrowind-620x348.jpg

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/skyrim-expand-2.jpg

http://nogamenotalk.com/files/2011/11/Skyrim-White-Tower-Imperial-City-620x348.jpg

http://nogamenotalk.com/files/2011/11/Skyrim-White-Gold-Tower-620x348.jpg

I read an article at examiner.com and basically what it said is that there will be two more DLC's, one of them smaller than Dragonborn and the other one, bigger. One of them will involve the history of the dwarves, snow elves, and the ancient nords. The other one will focus on the new high king of Skyrim and the war against the elves, most likely the Thalmor ( what other elves are there? ). The guy who wrote the article says that he's friends with someone who works at Bethesda.

It also says that spears will be introduced in one of the DLC's, presumably the former.

This would be awesome. :p Would definitely be stoked.

I'd be happy if Bethesda released a "Help us re-build Helgen" DLC.

Somewhere always ends up getting destroyed in TES and it isn't long before it's forgotten. Oblivion had Kvatch, which just remained burning throughout the game. Skyrim has Helgen, which seemed like an important Imperial city, especially seeing as though they were taking Ulfric Stormcloak there to be executed, then it was destroyed and never re-built.

[...]I'd rather tack it onto an expansion than make another 400 point DLC. Not unless they add on the ability to remarry.

Definitely agree, either tack it onto some bigger story or make it a cheap download like 160msp. I remember they did Knights of the Nine on Oblivion for around that price.

I also stand by my first statement, they should make it so you can hold lanterns and use them as a light source :p

Did'nt Pete Hines recently say that there will be more DLC coming for Skyrim a lot sooner after this DLC, the Dragonbrn took to arrive? I for one will be getting Dragonborn tomorrow and finally getting to play it. But I will be eagerly awaiting for more to be announced. Any excuse to get my Nord killing anything in his way again will be awesome fun.

As for that guy in that link who says he knows someone who works there, unlikely really. Like me saying I know the Queen.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how many tens of thousands of ms points these are gonna cost. I can't be the only person who felt like Dragonborn was awesome but not $20 USD awesome. Im already $35 deep in DLC and for the most part it's broken, I regularly fall through houses now, Hearthfire is all sorts of broke, etc. I hope they price their DLC a little more appropriately for the next few (and put them out faster).

For me Dragonborn itself would had been worth 40$... i mean we usually pay 60$ for a 10 hour game... Solstheim is easily 50 hours of play and the nostalgia factor add to the awesomeness of this DLC. Am i the only one who get to Fort Frostmoth with a tear up my eye(figuratively speaking of course) to see its so broken and destroyed.... when i remember arriving at that fort in Morrowind... (it was the first place you visited on top of that) Also that famous red mountain eruption we heard about... now we can see it from the distance... see the result, i think of Balmora ... my favorite city of Morrowind... destroy and it sadden me...:(

Now for DLC i would say so far we got a lot of stuff

Heartfire : Sure, could had been better, lack customization a lot, but yet once the house was finished and all, removing work bench removed all the freeze and such, works good and i got to say i love my house because its full of people and pets, looks more "real"

Dragonborn : Offer both a new location, even if we already visited it in Morrowind, its way different now. And a new daedric realm, wich is something i LOVE a lot. I doubt any other Daedric realm is like the Shivering Isles with characters and such... i always tough they would be more like Merhunes Dagon's plane of Oblivion, and Apocrypha is just excellent for what it is, represent well Hermeus Mora. Skyrim hinted about Nocturnal's real, i was hoping to see it, but im very satisfy with Apocrypha.

So i think the war with the Thalmor is something they should do, i know those rumours are to be taken lightly... but still i find it disapointing to see the empire like it is right now... all broken. Everytime i see Thalmors, i make a joy of killing them, so an add on about this would be awesome...

A corronation... yeah pretty much useless, as if you win as imperial, its gonna be Elysif and if you win as a Stormcloak, its Ulfric...

Personally i don't wanna see Cyrodill again so soon, i would rather see Black Marsh, Elseweyr, or the rest of Morrowind we didn't saw back in the days. I heard Vvardenfell is more or less a ruin... so no real interest to go there exept see how badly its destroyed...

I wonder how many tens of thousands of ms points these are gonna cost. I can't be the only person who felt like Dragonborn was awesome but not $20 USD awesome. Im already $35 deep in DLC and for the most part it's broken, I regularly fall through houses now, Hearthfire is all sorts of broke, etc. I hope they price their DLC a little more appropriately for the next few (and put them out faster).

I have to agree with this. I bought the Twilight add-on for full price and thought it sucked, it was worth 800 MSP and not a Microsoft-penny more. Hearthfire I grabbed on the Holiday sale and would say is the only one of the three DLC's that is appropriately priced. Dragonborn was leaps and bounds better than Dawnguard, but still not worth 1600 MSP. But really, when I think of how excellent and lengthy the DLC for Fallout: New Vegas all was, I'm thinking 800 MSP is what these should cost. And calling these broken is just being nice. This entire game feels like a house of cards on a fault-line, you're lucky to get through a gaming session without some kind of issue.

Edited by WalterWhite

Damn i must be full of shit then because i had no major bug in skyrim so far... couple freezes, couple misc quest bugs, but nothing game breaking...

And Dragonborn to me is worth 2000 pts... easily. Thats is if you play it properly... because yeah if you only rush the "main quest" its very short, but exploring solstheim and doing all the other quest... lots of gaming fun time.