Patch 4 - 15th December

LeEk MuNcHeR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.7GB or 40G, it better has some real fixes! Because this update has messed up my progress with the Companion app!

BTW, I was playing the co-op mission Women's March yesterday and found that the women protesting were ALL constantly changing appearance. I don't know what causes that but it was completely ridiculous. Let's see if this will fix that. This bug will not render the game unplayable, but I want a game that is enjoyable, not just playable.

Found out its only 6GB patch 4 will not download into patch 3 so the console is reinstalling the game if you have a 40GB update uninstall the game then install it again with only a 7GB update

I think that "40GB" will occur when "Patch 4 is not compatible with Patch 3 on your console", that's what the Ubi people said on their forum. They said if you see a prompt of 40GB, you may be experiencing a Patch-3-Patch-4 compatibility issues. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Well, I think that's quite stupid right? Their own patches are not compatible with each other. And it will download the whole game if that happened instead of telling you to reinstall? And the community and dev simply didn't tell a thing until somebody raises the concern?

Well no kidding but, can I consider this a BUG over the PATCH itself?

Sucks for me. my mate got an Xbox One and unity came with it as a code and since he is a cheap ass and does not have the internet I took the code and gave him my disc so now I have to install the 40GB patch.

Edit: DAMN HOW COULD I FORGET my brother has unity I am using his disc now 22% in he gets home from work and reminds me :|

Edited by Master Sieder

Oh good, uninstalling is the key.

You'd think that they would try to patch a currently patched version. You know, not everyone goes from the vanilla to the current version. Many of us update along the way to get improvements.

I let mine go overnight, directly plugged into the cable modem. it got to 15% and killed my internet then powered down.

UBI needs to give us more than the dead king dlc for free and a free game to those of us with season passes. This is just super bad form on their part. Patch should have never been released with out checking if you could go from patch 3 to 4.

Seems everybody is having issue on a PATCH. What a surprise.

I let mine sit for 6 hours after I finished installing the disc offline. It got to 80% and said Ready to Start. When I started, it gave me a F- Installing screen at 86% and stays there. And when I go back to home and check again, it is now still Ready to Start but at 34%! WTF is that? and I go back into the game, same Installing screen stuck at 86%.

Nice F- job Ubi, big issue on a PATCH, which is supposed to fix issues.

EDIT: It seems to me that this game runs into the same situation as Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. It won't finish updating if you install the disc offline (which is faster) and update later. It will just stuck that way. You need to install and update at the same time, if you are reinstalling the whole game.

Edited by mnwlkr

Seems everybody is having issue on a PATCH. What a surprise.

I let mine sit for 6 hours after I finished installing the disc offline. It got to 80% and said Ready to Start. When I started, it gave me a F- Installing screen at 86% and stays there. And when I go back to home and check again, it is now still Ready to Start but at 34%! WTF is that? and I go back into the game, same Installing screen stuck at 86%.

Nice F- job Ubi, big issue on a PATCH, which is supposed to fix issues.

EDIT: It seems to me that this game runs into the same situation as Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. It won't finish updating if you install the disc offline (which is faster) and update later. It will just stuck that way. You need to install and update at the same time, if you are reinstalling the whole game.

I'm in the same boat now. Install on homepage is 91% where as in game is 26%. Mine is going up though but at a very slow rate

I'm in the same boat now. Install on homepage is 91% where as in game is 26%. Mine is going up though but at a very slow rate

You are lucky then. Because mine progress actually DROPED from 80% to 34%, and in-game is not going up.

I just deleted the whole F- thing and tried reinstalling again to see if this works.

If not, I will switch to install-and-update at the same time. But that will take so much longer!

i am trying the uninstall/reinstall thing now but it doesn't seem to be going any faster...lol

it's been reinstalling now for about 45 minutes now and i'm at 5%

i just really don't understand how Ubisoft puts out a patch that isn't compatible with their previous patches and now we have to spend an entire day redownloading a game

i realize alot of folks would simply say..."just don't play the game then" but i've spent money on this game and i'd at least like to enjoy some of it before completely giving up on it

it just blows my mind that most of our "blockbuster AAA" titles are plagued with so many issue on this generation of consoles...Unity, Halo, Battlefield, just to name a few

:mad:GRRRRR.....ok, i'm done being angry...i just want to kill some templars

It could just be me, but has anybody else encoutered NEW bugs with this patch? Before this patch i had absolutely no problems, but since the patch i have! A few times when i jumped from roof to roof it teleported me waist deep into ground level (but could luckely move out of it)

And a few times indoors when i wanted to walk through a doorway Arno started turning circles like a madmen, a few heavy jerks on the control sticks fixed that problem though... Anyone else :confused:

i am trying the uninstall/reinstall thing now but it doesn't seem to be going any faster...lol

it's been reinstalling now for about 45 minutes now and i'm at 5%

i just really don't understand how Ubisoft puts out a patch that isn't compatible with their previous patches and now we have to spend an entire day redownloading a game

i realize alot of folks would simply say..."just don't play the game then" but i've spent money on this game and i'd at least like to enjoy some of it before completely giving up on it

it just blows my mind that most of our "blockbuster AAA" titles are plagued with so many issue on this generation of consoles...Unity, Halo, Battlefield, just to name a few

:mad:GRRRRR.....ok, i'm done being angry...i just want to kill some templars

Well, first I didn't say it will go faster on the other posts. It just makes it 6.4GB instead of 40GB. I am not sure if it is really going to be 40GB but if it is, at least you could save some data usage (and should save some time).

Second I would like to kill some Templars too, but my game is STILL updating, after more than 12 hours.

It could just be me, but has anybody else encoutered NEW bugs with this patch?

You are one lucky man to be able to play the game right now. I have been updating for 12 hours. Stuck 2 times and this is my third time. If I have any issues when I am actually able to play it again, I will let you know.

BTW, I don't get this stupid S- that you were forced to update the game. And when you finally get to Ready to Start only to receive another Installing screen.

This is my second time encountering this. The 1st time was RYSE. I got to like 30% and Ready to Start. And when I went in and hit Campaign, it just showed me a freaking Installing screen. I had to actually wait for it to 100% complete the install before I could play.

What's the F- meaning of "Ready to Start" if you have to wait in-game anyway? Stupid design!

You are one lucky man to be able to play the game right now. I have been updating for 12 hours. Stuck 2 times and this is my third time.

I had the Same problem, but i have the disc version and what helpen for me was taking out the disc, uninstalling everything and putting the disc back in. I think it tricks the console to think It's the first time playing because after that I had both the patch and game installed within 30 minutes.