Nuketown Zombies!?

via the Call of Duty Black Ops Facebook page:

530998_474565235897809_1605262063_n.jpg

There goes the neighborhood.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474565235897809&set=a.167575969930072.35390.113143338706669&type=1&theater

thoughts? opinions? theories? I'll update this post once more info becomes available.

EDIT: Seems as if the only way to obtain this Nuketown Zombies variant is to purchase the hardened/care package edition of the game. It is not included with the pre-order bonus "Nuketown 2025".

Edited by Frozenghost001

Initial thoughts would be that Nuketown is too small for a zombies map, guess we'll get more info soon enough.

This was exactly what I was going to say. I guess they could easily retool the map and make it larger for zoombies, or perhaps have additional areas you can teleport to from the main map area.

They could open up that road that's blocked off near the jeep over by the buses and have a little neighborhood going on, this would be fun to see.

I was just about to post that myself

some of my ideas for how it could work:

assume to start is just the upstairs of one of the house, maybe the entire house, then you can open up outside, then the street, then various houses down the street.

the kitchen for each house is where perks are kept, with a magnet on the fridge saying the perk, you open the fridge, grab a bottle of the perk etc

pack-a-punch could be you open the boot to a certain car and then put the weapon in, the car goes through some animation then your weapon re-appears

turning power on could involve pulling a lever and the nuke drops, the map colouration changes slightly and it restores power as it actually wasn't a nuke (some of this explained through random speeches throughout the map/game)

not sure what sort of power weapon there could be, but an ability of it (this can be done regardless of it's ammo) is to shoot the manakins (sorry for spelling) and then the one you shot comes to life and run away, effectively a cross between the v2 thingy from call off the dead and monkeys, the living manakin will attract all zombies on the map causing them to chase it till either it gets away or something else happens, such as it explodes dealing some damage to nearby zombies.

I'm really hoping they make nuketown a zombies map, and could it be the nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus is actually this? or is it just a MP map and this is included for all owners of the game

if it is the pre-order bonus, do all people get it eventually? like the original WaW maps were eventually made for everyone at the end of blops life cycle

I was just about to post that myself

some of my ideas for how it could work:

assume to start is just the upstairs of one of the house, maybe the entire house, then you can open up outside, then the street, then various houses down the street.

the kitchen for each house is where perks are kept, with a magnet on the fridge saying the perk, you open the fridge, grab a bottle of the perk etc

pack-a-punch could be you open the boot to a certain car and then put the weapon in, the car goes through some animation then your weapon re-appears

turning power on could involve pulling a lever and the nuke drops, the map colouration changes slightly and it restores power as it actually wasn't a nuke (some of this explained through random speeches throughout the map/game)

not sure what sort of power weapon there could be, but an ability of it (this can be done regardless of it's ammo) is to shoot the manakins (sorry for spelling) and then the one you shot comes to life and run away, effectively a cross between the v2 thingy from call off the dead and monkeys, the living manakin will attract all zombies on the map causing them to chase it till either it gets away or something else happens, such as it explodes dealing some damage to nearby zombies.

I'm really hoping they make nuketown a zombies map, and could it be the nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus is actually this? or is it just a MP map and this is included for all owners of the game

if it is the pre-order bonus, do all people get it eventually? like the original WaW maps were eventually made for everyone at the end of blops life cycle

It seemed to me that it was going to be a multiplayer map but after the image released with the zombies on it, I don't know now. I'd also like to know if the map will be available day one or if it will release with the first DLC. I would assume everyone will have to get a chance to atleast buy it at some point, as multiplayer extras are hardly ever exclusive forever, especially with Call of Duty titles.

I hope there is gonna be way more than 5. zombies is atleast 50% of the reason i play this game. also if what i've heard is correct, the game is going to be 2 discs. one disc being multiplayer and single player. the second disc being zombies. that's a whole disc they can fill with zombies stuff. please let this happen! and about the size of nuketown, i don't think it really matters. the very original map for zombies, can't think of the name at the moment, the first from WaW. it was smaller than nuketown.

I hope there is gonna be way more than 5. zombies is atleast 50% of the reason i play this game. also if what i've heard is correct, the game is going to be 2 discs. one disc being multiplayer and single player. the second disc being zombies. that's a whole disc they can fill with zombies stuff. please let this happen! and about the size of nuketown, i don't think it really matters. the very original map for zombies, can't think of the name at the moment, the first from WaW. it was smaller than nuketown.

I've only heard of NT zombies and the one they showed in the behind the scenes video ages ago, anyone got a link the other 3 maps or where they were mentioned? as I'm clearly missing something

I#m hoping they have some small zombies maps, although I enjoy the large maps they're making, it's be fun to go back to ones with a more WaW feel, that weren't quite as big but still really fun to play

I've only heard of NT zombies and the one they showed in the behind the scenes video ages ago, anyone got a link the other 3 maps or where they were mentioned? as I'm clearly missing something

I#m hoping they have some small zombies maps, although I enjoy the large maps they're making, it's be fun to go back to ones with a more WaW feel, that weren't quite as big but still really fun to play

what i read was that there's gonna be only 1 map at launch on disk, but apparently its suppose to be the size of like a town and you can do pretty much anything.

and then now the Nuketown zombies map was announced (which is a seperate map from Nuketown 2025 btw but i have no idea if it comes with pre-ordering the game)

Edited by Frozenghost001

Might be exclusive to Hardened/Care Package editions until the last DLC to be released.

Black Ops had 4 World at War maps that were only available to Hardened/Prestige editions until they were released as the last DLC: Nacht Der Untoten, Verrückt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese

Edit:

The unboxing video kinda says that the Nuketown Zombies is only for collector's editions (Hardened, Care Package):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5247615&postcount=15

Edited by OceanH

Sweet but still shame coz i will not get any of special editions...

its so stupid. $20 more and you get 2 exclusive in-game playercards, nuketown zombies (which will most likely come out in the future just like the WaW zombies maps did for BO) and an exclusive camo. im a person who only cares about the in-game content so i'm good with saving $20

It'll be interesting to see this when it's released. I'm not a huge zombie fan (and I'm alone on that), but I'll take a crack at it.
You're not alone, I'm not a fan of Zombies either. I find its ok for a bit off a mess around but I don't really find it gripping enough, but I will play it here and there to try it.

I didn't even play any of the Zombie maps on the Black Ops DLC.

A little disappointed that Hardened doesn't include Elite this time around. You're up to a hundred and thirty dollars once you add Elite to the equation. I was done with Modern Warfare 3 before the first content pack hit and while I'm confident this game will actually be worth sticking with, it's quite the commitment at that price.