Game of the Year Edition - some questions

Dark Anaconda

Hey guys,

i want to get Borderlands 1 (Game of the Year Edition) and i want to buy it used, because currently i don`t have much money to spend on games.

Thats why i want to get the GoTY Edition because it has all the DLC`s on the Disk.

My question is: Do you have to "enter a code" to get the DLC`s or are they already on the disc?

For example: if you buy an used edition of Assassin`s Creed Revelations, you are not able to play online and you are not able to get the Multiplayer Achievements, because you have to enter a code which allows you to get the Online Pass.because. For those kind of games (if you want to get EVERYTHING) you have to buy those games unused/new.

I have never ever bought a GoTY Game ,so i am still unsure what to do.

the best thing would be ,if all the DLC`s of Borderlands 1 would be already included on the disc, this way i could buy a used edition of Borderlands 1.

Anything else would be bad, because if i buy the game used, i wouldn`t get the DLC`s because somebody else would have used the Code for the DLC`s. So this way i would get the Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands 1 but i couldn`t get the DLC`s which would be fucked up.

Can somebody give me clarification about this?

Would be realy appreciated...

bets regards

D.A.

Edited by Dark Anaconda

The current version of the GOTY edition has the DLC on a second disc (I just got my copy today) but if you buy it pre-owned you MAY get an old version that used codes for the DLC content.

You can get it super cheap new nowadays, I bought it for £10.

TL;DR - Buy it new and you'll definitely get the DLC, buy used and you may get an old version which used codes.

Edited by Burnout x360a

• 4 weeks later...

Late reply I know.

It doesn't use codes. Here's the deal: Disc 1 is the game and Disc 2 has all 4 DLC. I bought the GotY for $30 new and there's no need for codes, so don't worry about needing Xbox Live because you don't.

Insert Disc 1 and make a new game. Save it on your hard drive. Dashboard out and put Disc 2 in. You'll get a menu with all 4 DLC listed. It asks which ones you want to download. You don't have to download them all the same time, but if you do it should roughly take 10 minutes and a few GB. Once it's done it will tell you to remove the disc. Now put Disc 1 back in and find a Fast Travel point. The DLC places will be listed there along with the story ones.

Story-wise the Armory of General Knoxx and the Clap-Trap DLC has minor spoilers, so leave those until finishing the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...