Missed convo with Durnehviir (didn't acquire shout)

spxyu02

SPOILERS!

HELP! After the battle I snuck back out to the main area and when I saw Durnehviir perched there, I tried to defeat him (again) w/ arrows; when I saw that there was no effect I assumed he was glitched, and just ran back out of the Soul Cairn.

Is there anyway that he'll appear again naturally upon revisiting the Soul Cairn (I tried entering/exiting the Boneyard/arena where you fight him), or should I just reload my save before the fight, defeat him again, and get the achievement off that save? (I would prefer, if at all possible, to get it on my latest save, which is upon completion of the DLC's story). Thanks for any help.

tl;dr "Soul Tear" achievement missed due to not-speaking with Durnehviir after the fight. Way to have him appear again, or just bite the bullet and reload an old save?

For me, at one point after defeating him (I had already talked to him) while searching for the pages for the quest "Impatience of a saint" he wasn't in front of the arena anymore, like he had been when first exiting there after the fight. Instead he was directly right from the entrance (when coming out) on top of a word wall looking thing that has chest next to it and is surrounded by walls. I think it might have been a glitch because he wasn't really on top of it properly. But it might be worth checking out.

For me, at one point after defeating him (I had already talked to him) while searching for the pages for the quest "Impatience of a saint" he wasn't in front of the arena anymore, like he had been when first exiting there after the fight. Instead he was directly right from the entrance (when coming out) on top of a word wall looking thing that has chest next to it and is surrounded by walls. I think it might have been a glitch because he wasn't really on top of it properly. But it might be worth checking out.

Yeah, that's his normal hangout when he isn't called into Tamriel. You should always be able to find him there.

Could you clarify this secondary location for the dragon? When you say "directly right from the entrance (when coming out)", do you mean when exiting the arena that you fight the dragon in, exit, then proceed to the right?

I'll head back into the Soul Cairn after maxing my werewolf and look for him, thanks for the suggestion.

Could you clarify this secondary location for the dragon? When you say "directly right from the entrance (when coming out)", do you mean when exiting the arena that you fight the dragon in, exit, then proceed to the right?

I'll head back into the Soul Cairn after maxing my werewolf and look for him, thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, that is what I meant. So it would be left if you are outside facing the entrance to the arena.

Is the Soul Cairn limited to Vampires only? I just finished all the DLC achievements, I am now a werewolf (under my clothes, not actively out as a werewolf right now), and I returned to the entrance to the Soul Cairn but instead of walking into the Soul Cairn as one would walk into a cave or dungeon, I get hurt by the glowing purple mist.

I would prefer to stay a werewolf in case there are more werewolf activities in future DLCs, I've already used my huntress wife to change from vampire back to werewolf, which I understand is my final opportunity to become a werewolf.

Thanks guys. Anal Skyrim career ftw!

Is the Soul Cairn limited to Vampires only? I just finished all the DLC achievements, I am now a werewolf (under my clothes, not actively out as a werewolf right now), and I returned to the entrance to the Soul Cairn but instead of walking into the Soul Cairn as one would walk into a cave or dungeon, I get hurt by the glowing purple mist.

I would prefer to stay a werewolf in case there are more werewolf activities in future DLCs, I've already used my huntress wife to change from vampire back to werewolf, which I understand is my final opportunity to become a werewolf.

Thanks guys. Anal Skyrim career ftw!

Spoilers below, you have been warned.

No you can go into the Soul Cairn when a Werewolf but you might have to replay the story. One of the Dawnguard quests takes you there but Serena helps you enter the Soul Cairn by capturing part of your soul. Once you do the mission you obtain your soul back and since you spent time in the Soul Cairn you are able to return there when ever you please.