Homo Homini Lupus Est

Roose91

This achievement honestly blows.

It wants you to get 100 kills on the shortest mission, where you literally don't move for the whole level. I'm easily getting anywhere between 50 and 70 minigun kills everytime and sniping the enemies on the far platform (who are one shot one kill regardless of weapon) and I just can't get this. I'm adamant that it's either glitched or impossible.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Anyone managed to get it?

well three people on ta have the game completed. ive tried 3 times, once in my first playthrough, then 2 more tries just going for the achievement. focusing my fire on the re-spawning enemies on the right and only firing on the advancing soldiers when they were loads of kills or an immediate threat.

i was also not using the sniper rifle and trying not to pick up the weapons that trigger the enemy spawns to continue through the finish off the level.

im also suprised as to how dead these forums are today. i thought more people would be around.

Edited by deluxnugs
a cool breeze went through....

well three people on ta have the game completed. ive tried 3 times, once in my first playthrough, then 2 more tries just going for the achievement. focusing my fire on the re-spawning enemies on the right and only firing on the advancing soldiers when they were loads of kills or an immediate threat.

i was also not using the sniper rifle and trying not to pick up the weapons that trigger the enemy spawns to continue through the finish off the level.

im also suprised as to how dead these forums are today. i thought more people would be around.

Im surprised as well. Thought the game was doing better, and that more people would still be interested.

Im surprised as well. Thought the game was doing better, and that more people would still be interested.

I'm here now but I haven't bought anything yet since I was at my college all day getting set up to attend the Fall semester, and now see all the problems this first DLC apparently has.

Looks like I'm waiting a while before I buy, which is a real shame since I wanted to support 4A today.

I'm here now but I haven't bought anything yet since I was at my college all day getting set up to attend the Fall semester, and now see all the problems this first DLC apparently has.

Looks like I'm waiting a while before I buy, which is a real shame since I wanted to support 4A today.

well its good to see you here. you really need'nt hold off as the dlc is solid, especially considering the price point.

i think at first i was expecting to much, then i just accepted it for what i was and now im really enjoying it. aside from maybe one bugged achievement. although 4 people on ta have completed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZ4exBPC4Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSwvyY9KZ6l9jbueg-xC_1A]Metro Last Light - Homo Homini Lupus Est Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

This achievement is obtained on the DLC level "ASSAULT INFANTRY" from the Faction Pack.

The trick is to kill only enemies on your side of the bridge. Stick to the machine gun and mow down the fodder that run right down the middle. When the snipers appear keep up the same tactic but aim your shots the best as you can. They spawn repeatedly from the same points so you will know where to look from the video. Continue to take down as many snipers as you can even when the shield enemies come but don't let them come too close before taking them down. The last wave of fodder down the middle after that is where you will get your achievement.

I'm glad to help you guys out. The description of the achievement should state the guts on the other side don't count. It's still a tricky achievement but wasting time on the other guys don't help.

yeah i was assuming that there was about 50-60 guys directly in front of us and that we had to get the rest from the other side. i know i was killing loads of em' because i was laying 20+ grenades over there before the tank even spawned. im glad its not glitched, and thanks to 4A for the content.

God I hate this achievement, but I got it. Took me four tries. The level is just so damn intense and you can miss so many snipers since they like to hide and your aim likes to fly every-fuckin-where.

You definitely only have to shoot down your side of the tracks, that's what I did the whole time and got it. I shot the snipers with the rifle and alternated for the shield guys. I filled about two clips of the sniper into the heavy guy behind the shields because otherwise you will fail. The Minigun sucks for him.

Achievement popped about half-way through the last big group of guys before the tank.

Glad that's over. Now time to enjoy the other two missions. This one was cool but annoying.

God I hate this achievement, but I got it. Took me four tries. The level is just so damn intense and you can miss so many snipers since they like to hide and your aim likes to fly every-fuckin-where.

You definitely only have to shoot down your side of the tracks, that's what I did the whole time and got it. I shot the snipers with the rifle and alternated for the shield guys. I filled about two clips of the sniper into the heavy guy behind the shields because otherwise you will fail. The Minigun sucks for him.

Achievement popped about half-way through the last big group of guys before the tank.

Glad that's over. Now time to enjoy the other two missions. This one was cool but annoying.

I thought this was going to be a simple achievement myself having to take down 100 guys with a mini-gun. They run right into the fire and make it easy. That is until I realized I still needed more kills. The snipers are a real pain but definitely are necessary to get 100.

Thanks for the video on how to do it. It took me a couple of tries using only the minigun to get the snipers. The attempt that I complete the achievement on I used the volt driver and for me it felt a little bit more effective, I knew I took down that sniper.

Both are excellent approaches, really important to get those snipers.

Thanks for the video on how to do it. It took me a couple of tries using only the minigun to get the snipers. The attempt that I complete the achievement on I used the volt driver and for me it felt a little bit more effective, I knew I took down that sniper.

Both are excellent approaches, really important to get those snipers.

I try today with volt driver

Thanks

Played this dumb mission at least a dozen times. Tried every strategy possible. Watched the vid. Read every forum post I could find. This achievement will not pop for me. I have no idea what else to try.

Achievements like this are so dumb. I could be getting 50 kills each time. I could have gotten 99 every time. There's no way to know. All I can do i keep pounding my head against the wall and praying that the dumb thing pops.

Achievement might as well just have no other requirement than playing the level and have a 5% chance to pop. So dumb.

Achievements like this are so dumb. I could be getting 50 kills each time. I could have gotten 99 every time. There's no way to know. All I can do i keep pounding my head against the wall and praying that the dumb thing pops.

I agree there should have been a kill counter somewhere on the screen or something.

Yeah I can't seem to unlock this achievement either, I have even redownloaded it and also saved to cloud but nothing works. I am sure I must be really close but it just won't unlock. Any help would be good

Make sure to always be ready for each group that comes. The snipers are really the make it or break it since you will need to kill as many as you can before the shield guys get up close.

This achievement is obtained on the DLC level "ASSAULT INFANTRY" from the Faction Pack.

The trick is to kill only enemies on your side of the bridge. Stick to the machine gun and mow down the fodder that run right down the middle. When the snipers appear keep up the same tactic but aim your shots the best as you can. They spawn repeatedly from the same points so you will know where to look from the video. Continue to take down as many snipers as you can even when the shield enemies come but don't let them come too close before taking them down. The last wave of fodder down the middle after that is where you will get your achievement.

This achievement is not glitched

here is a link to my ta solution

http://www.trueachievements.com/a177759/homo-homini-lupus-est-achievement.htm

I agree there should have been a kill counter somewhere on the screen or something.

Make sure to always be ready for each group that comes. The snipers are really the make it or break it since you will need to kill as many as you can before the shield guys get up close.

That would be nice. Even an achievement tracker popping up every 10 or 20 kills so you have an idea.

Thanks for all the info guys, will try again the next time I'm home. It was a pretty frustrating level to be honest, can't get a clean shot at any time through this being hit constantly by enemy fire and the OHK tank blasts were psychotic.

So let me get this straight:

• Stick to the Minigun
  • Don't bother picking up the other guns except maybe the rifle for the guy behind the shields (does picking up the extra guns cause progress towards the end of the level = not as many enemies spawning?)
  • Ignore the far right tracks, those enemies don't count.
  • Take out as many snipers on the left tracks as possible. So what about the snipers up the middle and far right taking shots at you? Waste of time?

I managed to get this after about 3 tries, but it seemed like part strategy, part luck.

I think it's important to kill all of the shield guys before killing the heavy behind them. Because when you kill the heavy, he explodes taking out any remaining shield guys. I don't think shield carriers killed by his explosion count toward the achievement, so gun them all down before taking out the heavy.

Then I think I got lucky when the snipers started spawning because they kept showing up on that closer catwalk on the left. I got about 6-7 snipers in quick succession because they just kept spawning there.

And is everybody trying to get this on easy difficulty? If not, change that setting a.s.a.p.

Then I think I got lucky when the snipers started spawning because they kept showing up on that closer catwalk on the left. I got about 6-7 snipers in quick succession because they just kept spawning there.

Ditto, really have to get lucky on the sniper spawn location.

I tried it about a half dozen times. Every single time the snipers kept spawning more at the back and were harder to hit. The left platform only got a couple even when I picked them off they didn't get replaced with new ones.

That last time I had a bunch just keep popping up on that same left platform over and over making for easy pickings and I picked off quite a few.

Then just like the videos, about halfway through the last wave of stampeding idiots the achievement unlocked. Didn't even use the other weapons, just the minigun.

And is everybody trying to get this on easy difficulty? If not, change that setting a.s.a.p.

Hell even on Easy I die at least once each time I play it. So much shit going on and you get shot from all angles really. The snipers will take your health down pretty quick. And of course the tank/shielded part can insta-kill you.

I can't seem to get this one, tried every video, used only the mini gun, then tried using the mini gun and sniper. Still no achievement. Playing on easy, deleted profile, reloaded DLC and still nothing. I think I have killed about 16 snipers. What does it take, why no Kill counter. Could it be Glitched? Any help would be grateful.