Falling short of GI Joe rank - Hardcore?

During the arctic missions, I didn't seem to have any trouble meeting the point requirements for GI Joe rank, but starting with Chapter 2 of the Desert and from here on, I seem to be falling short sometimes barely and sometimes by a decent margin.

I'm not having trouble making it through the levels (dying), so I'm not losing points that way, and it seems I'm not getting multipliers until all enemies or objects on screen are destroyed.

Does anyone have any tips to help increase point values or a tip on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks to those taking the time to read and respond!

I know what you mean. I barely made GI JOE rank on the first desert mission and I too am only getting multipliers once all the enemies are gone. So I'll keep an eye on this thread for some advice.

Edit: It doesn't help any that the multipliers get stuck on cover or just a tad bit in the air where the Joes can't reach them.

Edited by ASH4L

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think "Launching" as many enemies as possible helps in obtaining multipliers.

Vehicles take away from this opportunity.

Backblast makes the game easier, but he also reduces point amount.

I think the game expects you to use skill, not brute strength, to get through with the G.I. Joe score.

A team like Scarlet and Ripcord might do the trick.

or Ripcord/Gung Ho

If anyone has any concrete advice to insure surpassing G.I. Joe rank, please indulge us.

This isn't easy, especially on the Polar M.A.S.S. levels.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 1000/1000G ... Oct 21st, 2011

Edited by E vee dub

I have played level Polar M.A.S.S.: Cobra Island more than 10x now.

A few times, the game froze on me.

Other times, I died.

I beat the stage 4x, lacking in points, and my highest is 624,000 just 1,000 points shy of the G.I. Joe ranking.

If anyone has any advice to increase the score, please share.

Update: My advice, skip any stages where you have difficulty. Beat the game and use Destro and any other character (Baroness). They make it a bit easier.

The less you get hit, the more multipliers you get. Dodge.

I never got G.I. Joe rank on Cobra Island, and still was able to unlock all characters. I still had 4 tokens left over.

Good luck!

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 1000/1000G ... Oct 21st, 2011

Edited by E vee dub

• 7 months later...

Apologies for bumping an old post but these are good tips. The only stage I struggled to get GI Joe rank on was Cyrodome (2nd Polar M.A.S.S: mission). If you beat the last part where 2 sets of a particular enemy appear then you have to destroy a silo type structure, if you destroy the silo too quickly you miss out on a ton of potential points.

I got each silo down to just below half health then once you have done that to the 4th silo, the spider robots things will start appearing as you go back to the first silo. This does make it a little harder once you destroy 2 silos as the spiders robots will then appear with the harder enemies as you try and destroy the last 2 but specials & if you have a Super Suit, those will make it a piece of cake.

Edited by MaseJ