So for those that beat the game... (Spoilers)

Kung Fu Man

On the PC version, there's "Nightmare mode" and an alt ending that's available for beating it. In it, Stella sees the necklace on Randal as they're untying the boat, freaks out because she has the other half, and we're then greeted to seeing that he killed every one of his friends along the way. And gotta say...it makes a lot more sense for Randall to be a killer with multiple personalities...

-Trying to remember his wife and daughter cause him phsyical pain.

-The IDs you collect throughout the game are all of serial killers.

-Randall states the necklace he finds in the park is his daughters...but it's only half a necklace?

-Ben dying pretty rapidly even though he was feeling better a moment ago. Also him stating "we're all alone" even though Randall is talking about his wife and kid as though they're alive.

-The weird as hell statements in this diary, namely the one about Stella's sister "stealing Lydia's voice".

-His tone changes constantly, and he seems rather surprised said sister has a bullet hole in her brainpan even though in the opening we see him do it himself...

So yeah, anyone else down with us having played a nutjob?

Quick Q? How long did it take you to complete 100% and then speed run? If anyone has done that (:

Took me 3 hours for full 100%. No speed run or second playthrough needed if you follow the collectibles guide in the forums. Also contains where to get every achievement as well, so is really useful in completing the game.

• 2 months later...

Wow, I really over-thought the story in this game.

Randall has flashbacks and mental problems all throughout the game. We keep picking up randomly placed pages of his diary - as if he's been here before. I thought by the end they would pull a Memento kind of thing.

I surmised that Randall's family was already dead (I did not speculate that he killed them) and it seemed like Randall was trying to forget that they'd been killed by constantly "rescuing" them. Spreading his diary pages out like a breadcrumb trail for himself to follow the next time he needed to rescue them. And when he couldn't find them specifically, he'd rescue others in their place.

Only to forget again and go looking for them at the end of a trail of pages...

But then it was the ending it was and I was let down. Not because it was bad, but that it was kind of mundane. This "nightmare" ending is much better than the one I got from the game. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for bringing this to attention. I was thinking this was how the game was going to end the entire time. When it didn't end that way I felt the game was unfinished. People usually complain about the Mass Effect 3 ending, but in my opinion the non-DLC version of ME3's ending was better than the 360's ending of Deadlight. Is there a stigma with playing a serial killer for Microsoft or something? One of my favorite games was Manhunt, which I assume Microsoft wouldn't sell at all if Deadlight scares them.

• 4 months later...