Thinking about getting an XB1 for Horizon 2

kukulcan

I am enjoying DriveClub on my PS4 but are craving for some more arcady racer.

Last gen(s) I loved:

- Motorstorm

- Burnout (Paradise)

- Ridge Racer

I liked Paradise after they implemented quick restarts. It is a no go if I need to drive like 10-15min to get to the next event, as I only play 30-45min at a time.

I am Playstation gamer in general but already got Microsoft/Nintendo consoles for single games (reselling the bundle an acceptable loss). So buying an XB1 for one game is not the problem as long as the game is worth it - meaning meeting my taste and keeping me busy for some 20-30hrs in single player.

Will Horizon 2 probably do that?

Horizon 2 will keep you busy for over 60 hours just doing all the races. May take a minute or two to get to the next race, but is pretty quick.

I wouldn't call this game an arcady racer though.

And dropping all that money for one game seems a bit ridiculous. Should have a look at some of the other X1 exclusives, as in Ryse and Dead rising 3.

Horizon 2 will keep you busy for over 60 hours just doing all the races. May take a minute or two to get to the next race, but is pretty quick.

I wouldn't call this game an arcady racer though.

And dropping all that money for one game seems a bit ridiculous. Should have a look at some of the other X1 exclusives, as in Ryse and Dead rising 3.

Thanks! Whatever you call it - I like the stuff mentioned above, but although I like Driveclub somewhat I suck at handling the cars (especially after weather) so I prefer something like Burnout where the cars control rather sweet-tempered.

btw. have Ryse on PC, may be interested in QB and ROTR later (can get another one then). Dropping money, yeah, like 300€ on a used "bundle" and reselling it at 250€-300€, not much to lose.

Horizon two was pretty much my sole reason for splashing out on an Xbox One, after pretty much destroying Horizon on my 360 (didn't get on with the Rally add-on though - maybe not given it enough time). No regrets. H2 is a great game, though I thought the controls were a little looser at first than on the first one. Also, having bought Ryse just after it, I ended up playing that much more than H2 which surprised me. Still need to go deeper into Horizon 2, but like the other poster, I wouldn't call H2 an 'arcadey' drive, at least nothing like the way the old Ridge Racer titles were.

The road trips don't take long at all and are quite fun, adding to the immersion, and the chance of finding more signs to smash.

Definitely worth a punt, especially if you aren't financially challenged in risking it.

I've recently just purchased this game today, played for about 3 hours now and i have to say i'm enjoying this than any other game I have for xbix ( I have only bought the one that are exclusive to xbox) since I play on playstation quite a lot...

The graphics are really great, love the A.I it has, especially when you see a Rival driver who is your friend, it makes you want to beat him, loving the xp gain when you drift round corners of smash through some stop signs or any thing else that can earn you xp

I have two cars atm, the one where you get a pick of 3 at the start and another one where I got to keep one after I finished a race but there are loads of cars on the game

Loving the photo mode as well, love taking pictures in a game, did loads on ps4 with Infamous and Shadow of Mordor, so I think I'll be taking loads more with this game too

All in all, my first opinions about the game are quite good and was well worth the money I spent 😜👍

• 1 month later...
I've recently just purchased this game today, played for about 3 hours now and i have to say i'm enjoying this than any other game I have for xbix ( I have only bought the one that are exclusive to xbox) since I play on playstation quite a lot...

The graphics are really great, love the A.I it has, especially when you see a Rival driver who is your friend, it makes you want to beat him, loving the xp gain when you drift round corners of smash through some stop signs or any thing else that can earn you xp

I have two cars atm, the one where you get a pick of 3 at the start and another one where I got to keep one after I finished a race but there are loads of cars on the game

Loving the photo mode as well, love taking pictures in a game, did loads on ps4 with Infamous and Shadow of Mordor, so I think I'll be taking loads more with this game too

All in all, my first opinions about the game are quite good and was well worth the money I spent 😜👍

Glad you like it, it's one of the games that made me get a X1 along with RL friends on the system over the other even though I was a ex PS man;)

There's a hell of a lot of content too so should keep you very busy for a long time. Certainly will keep me busy until Forza 6:drunk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
yeah if you like racing games this one is top notch, I would also highly recommend forza 5 between those two games you can get hundreds of hours of gameplay. Also forza 6 is supposed to drop the end of this year.

I decided to end my Driveclub racing for now, at 100M fame I am still pretty bad, but played the hell out of it.

So I got a bundle with Forza 5 and ordered Horizon 2. Will maybe also play The Rare collection and then sell the XB1 again after the new Tomb Raider.

Until, then, any exclusives I need to check out (don't care about Halo much, and I fear I won't like Sunset Overdrive). Do I need an xbox live account to get digital stuff like Ori?

Edited by kukulcan

I decided to end my Driveclub racing for now, at 100M fame I am still pretty bad, but played the hell out of it.

So I got a bundle with Forza 5 and ordered Horizon 2. Will maybe also play The Rare collection and then sell the XB1 again after the new Tomb Raider.

Until, then, any exclusives I need to check out (don't care about Halo much, and I fear I won't like Sunset Overdrive). Do I need an xbox live account to get digital stuff like Ori?

You need an account but not gold. Sunset Overdrive isn't as crazy as it looks. I had fun with it and it's fairly cheap now.

You need an account but not gold. Sunset Overdrive isn't as crazy as it looks. I had fun with it and it's fairly cheap now.

OK, thanks. Sunset looks like pure ADHD to me, but maybe I'll give it a try at the right price later.

Forza 5...after Driveclub it is a challenge, the challenge to bear all the prolongued car advertisements and other "cutscenes".

Graphics are nice for 60fps, cars and textures are great, only thing it lacks compared to Driveclub is the "next gen" lighting and weather.

And I miss the sense of speed driving the McLaren P1.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also just bought Xboxone for FH2.

Stupid me still got alot of games to play FO4, JC3,W3, DC and basically my whole Wiiu library including XCX.

So many games so little time.:confused:

But back on topic

It is a really fun racer.:D

Just add me for online if you like GT: Eqic DodoO