I would erase the memory of _____ just to experience it all over again

Starkweather

Now i saw someone post yesterday around here that they had just started playing Oblivion and it just took me back to when i first played it. I hibernated for a week in my room only leaving for food and didn't want anyone to bother me. All the little things in it just made the experience unforgettable, like killing Glarthir then seeing body after much had happened and feeling bad, the Whodunit quest and your adoring fan.

Which 1 game would you want to experience all over again? And for the sake of it achievements would be reset too.

Doesn't matter how old it is or the graphics and the controls you would feel as great as you did the first time you played.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would have to be Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Tales of Vesperia. Cannot stress how much fun I had and still have with those two games, they were pure fun considering most of the other games I've played, these were so fun I was able to get past both of them with either no bullshit in them or I didn't notice it. As far as achievements go for those two games, I would NOT reset as some of them were a hell I'd rather not relive.

As far as achievements go for those two games, I would NOT reset as some of them were a hell I'd rather not relive.

You would forget that hell and just be like oh that could be hard i know i'll get it :p

Btw this was meant to go in games section my bad but guess it doesn't matter.

I was stupid enough to look at spoilers for the game before I finished it. Kicking myself in the head over it ever since. Finally brought myself to finish it the other day, and wished i could play it again not knowing how it ends.

Damn, that sucks man! :( I didn't play it until 4 months after but stayed pretty spoiler-free! It was awesome :D

Guest Scotty

Probably Elder Scrolls: Oblivion & Skyrim. I always get huge urges to play them and when i finally relent and put them on i get bored and turn them off after about 30 mins. I'd love to be able to do them again, as if i'd never played them before.

Assassin's Creed. When it came out it was such a new experience I couldn't put it down. I had to play it three times for the stupid conversationalist achievement because the first one is that easy to miss.

As for a game without achievement, Knights of the Old Republic. I played it through at least 4 times and have been itching to do it again. It is still the only tuned based RPG I've played more than 5 minutes with out turning it off and never touching it again.

Well personally its games from another generation, because i don't feel as the 360 era is nostalgic enough to me. Its more like a normal evolution and when i look at it, if i remove online, there was no "magic games" that i will remember for ages to come and be like "oh this game was so special"

Ok so here is my top 5...

5) Star Wars KOTOR

Loved so much this adventure, its the kind of game i was not really into the gameplay per say originally, i am not really into turn by turn, but this one combined a turn by turn with semi real time, it was really well done and the story, as a Star Wars fan, was awesome. Great memories.

4) Resident Evil Code Veronica

Was not the first RE game i did, but the one i felt the most for. The story was just amazing, the atmosphere, really felt for those characters.

3) Shenmue 2

When i did that game, i got so much into it, it was really one of, if not THE first game i experienced open world. I had the feeling of leaving in that world, and the story was so amazing. Graphics at the time where stellar also. At the time i didn't played the first 1, so thats why the second one had a more memorable place for me. Did the first one after that but it ended up being very good, but not close to the second one.

2) Morrowind

I had lots of fun with Oblivion and Skyrim, but Morrowind was my first elder scroll, and expended the universe of open world to me, even tough the game itself didn't let you buy a house, you could always make one of he house yours at will, and this game let you be entirely free, wich is something Skyrim and Oblivion didn't sadly. You could kill anyone, even the king !!! lol Even tough like i said i had amazing times on both Skyrim and Oblivion, i never got again that little touch Morrowind had. So for this one of course it would mean to erase every TES games for it to work lol

1) Phantasy Star Online

Its a bit different for this one, since its an online game. It was not the game only per itself but more or less the feeling i had, how crazy it was in 2001 for me to be able to go online and play with real peoples. I didn't even had a computer back then, i was lucky to stay at some place for a while that had one and therefore was able to connect on the internet on that game when i bough a dreamcast. I can still play that game on the PC on free servers but it ain't like 13 years ago lol, with the online we have now.

Good runner up would be "Goldeneye, GTA Vice City(first GTA i played) Bloodrayne(loved that game), Gears of War 1 but not the campaign, the online, when i played with my regular buddies back in 07.

But all these games, even if i would erase the memories of them, i could never get the feeling again, i would need to literally go back in time and erasing all the latest years to enjoy them as much as today's thecnology made so much progress.

When i think of Shenmue 2, i remember the week i played it there was a lot of sun coming trough my door, it was warm outside and i was leaving on the main street of the town, all these little details make it unique... I remember when i finished RE1 original on playstation(wich i did way later after i have done the other ones, just before they released the remake) i finished it up just as the day was arriving outside, and it was a rainy day with no sun, just like in the game on the rooftop..

Those are awesome memories and i rather keep them than forgetting it and being able to replay them fresh.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 from this generation, with an honourable shout for Fable II. I think due purely to saturation there's less games that really give me that awed feeling any more.

But most of all..... going back to my childhood, i'd love to play Super Robin Hood on the Amstrad 464 afresh. It was one of my first gaming experiences and it set me off on my pathway to still gaming today.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Super-Robin-Hood-For-Amstrad-CPC-464-664-6128-/00/s/MzU3WDQ0MA==/$(KGrHqV,!ocE9eFZ9t0GBPl,VIOhTg~~60_35.JPG

Edited by Lava Tonsil