Achievement Discussion

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Current discoveries:

- "The Gambler," unsurprisingly, requires at least a two-player band.

- "Satellite Radio" achievement cannot be done on Easy. >_>

Are there any hammer-ons in "Satellite Radio" on Easy? Or Medium for that matter?

EDIT: To answer my own question: No. The lowest it can done on is Hard, which I did by getting 100%.

Since the "Free & Easy" achievement can be done on Easy, it shouldn't be too hard to get 100% on the song as a band. It is the first song in the vocals career, so a three person band could probably do it, with one on voxtar.

Overall, I like these achievements. There is a nice variety this time around.

Edited by HamKet

I believe the reason the variety exists is because the design this time around is a different company: Demiurge Studios. I agree they seem to have gone for a good mix of difficulty, player number, and even fun and content specific titles.

The lowest it can done on is Hard, which I did by getting 100%.

I also got 100% playing Guitar on Hard... but the achievement didn't unlock for me. Weird. Did you actually hammer-on every hammer-on note? I'm positive I strummed a goodly number of them, out of habit, which could account for the difference....

I also got 100% playing Guitar on Hard... but the achievement didn't unlock for me. Weird. Did you actually hammer-on every hammer-on note? I'm positive I strummed a goodly number of them, out of habit, which could account for the difference....

I tried it multiple ways. The first time through I strummed all the notes, but missed a note somewhere, and the achievement didn't pop.

Then I thought about it, and realized that I might actually have to hit them without strumming, so I tried that. It took me a few more tries, and then it unlocked. (To be safe, I also did all the pull-offs without strumming.) I never did get 100% while strumming all the notes.

So I would imagine you actually have to hammer them on. Which sucks, and makes it that much harder.

Then I thought about it, and realized that I might actually have to hit them without strumming, so I tried that. It took me a few more tries, and then it unlocked. (To be safe, I also did all the pull-offs without strumming.) I never did get 100% while strumming all the notes.

So I would imagine you actually have to hammer them on. Which sucks, and makes it that much harder.

I figured that the whole "hit them without strumming" approach was the way to go as well, but figured it didn't hurt to verify as much with someone who'd valiantly taken a stab at things before me. :)

Anyhow: gah, that was annoying. But yep, making the conscious effort to hammer on (and pull off, just in case) everything appears to have done the trick. Huzzah!

• 3 weeks later...
I bet this track pack isn't going to have live support. Band tour mode + country music + achievements = annoyed friends :p

So true. I tried to get some of my friends to play just one song from this disc to get "The Gambler" with 10 Overdrives achievements and they absolutely refused to even go near this game. Looks like I won't be getting any of the band achievements since I'll never be able to get a second player.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...