Limited Edition and DLC

Skai

What do you think/want to be in a special edition? I wouldn't mind some piece of the game like how in Oblivion you got a coin from the game. And do you think they will do more DLC for this one? I dont mean like horse armor again but like full expansions the way shivering isles was. A whole other place to go. What does everyone think?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to get a real-life dragon. the best armour in the game, custom made to fit me, and a sword. ha! no but i like the cloth map idea that someone posted. maybe some extra unique in-game items.

They learned alot from Oblivion from the very few things that were wrong with it. But the DLC was priced pretty well for what it was, i just hope they have a little bit bigger ones and more spaced out time wise unlike Fallout 3 which the first one was kind of a bust and then theres the huge expansion they never had. Collector edition, no matter what it has in it nor how much money it is will be paid off the moment i found out there available, but i would like to see some ingame stuff like a quest "Unearthing Mehrunes Razor" to get a weapon or something.

Edited by LTC PUDIE 42X

I'd like some sort of trinket, like Oblivion with the Septim that came with it's collector's edition. This time I'd like a box that withstands the test of time better than a thin cardboard box, doesn't look as clean and fresh as the day I bought it anymore. For DLC I think a quest line in each of the area's from the earlier games would be really neat, get a chance to see Daggerfall and Morrowind with todays even better graphics.

Why is everyone always badmouthing horse armor? No one forced you to buy it.

Probably because it was 160 MS points that added virtually nothing to the game accept aesthetics. People would rather spend their money on something to increase the play time and replay value of the game rather than make your horse look cool. While it did have the added benefit of protecting your horse, you get a horse that can't die in Shadowmere anyway, so it's pretty pointless for anyone that plays through all stories.

Probably because it was 160 MS points that added virtually nothing to the game accept aesthetics. People would rather spend their money on something to increase the play time and replay value of the game rather than make your horse look cool. While it did have the added benefit of protecting your horse, you get a horse that can't die in Shadowmere anyway, so it's pretty pointless for anyone that plays through all stories.
Yeah but in order to get shadowmere you had to be bad unless you did the thieves quest first and got the Gray cowl. Plus it was like what three dollars?!:chair Edited by LTC PUDIE 42X

I hope with this being most likely thier biggest game, they will go all out with a limited/collectors edition, I cant begin to imagine what they could put into it but all I know is that I am defo getting the limited/collectors edition. On the DLC question, they would be mad not to make an expansion such as Shivering isles for oblivion, It made them soo much money and boosted sales

I wouldn't be excited about DLC codes. I like the cloth map idea, along with a reasonably sized and detailed figure of a dragon.

A little bottle of Skooma.
And this.

And, maybe an Annoying Fan Punching Bag? ;P

Whatever it is, and no matter what the price, I'm getting the limited edition.

This will probably be the only game series i ever buy legendary editions for. This game looks amazing and the company deserves the extra cash from the special editions. I would love a nice cloth map as someone mentioned or a dragon statue, but i dont care what it is. It is Bethesda, the Lengendary Edition will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

if you wanna see morrowind with semi today graphics, depending on how good your pc is you can get a mod for oblivion called morroblivion which imports and updates the graphic assets to oblivion standards and adds the entire game (well almost i still dont think its completely finished but the main quest all chars and everything are there when i played about a year ago) and using all the graphics updates for oblivion it looks pretty fantastic.

I played it and it was cool to see morrowind in a newer light, and all i had to do was hop on a boat from anvil and i was off to morrowind. when you get off the boat it looks breathtaking.

I expect the LE to have a high quality cloth map of Skyrim, a lore/art book, and making of DVD. And it's almost guaranteed that there will be sweet DLC for this.

Minus the DVD and throw in an English to dragon tounge dictionary

Edited by WooLy TB

The dictionary is a cool idea, but i love the making of videos, and those are cheap to make. Every special edition should have one of those

Agreed on both counts. The "Guide to the Empire" that was in Oblivion was a really cool concept and it would be nice to see something similar brought back. Regardless of what is in it I'll be picking it up, given the past LEs that Bethesda has put out and how much I've enjoyed Oblivion and the recent Fallouts.

Agreed on both counts. The "Guide to the Empire" that was in Oblivion was a really cool concept and it would be nice to see something similar brought back. Regardless of what is in it I'll be picking it up, given the past LEs that Bethesda has put out and how much I've enjoyed Oblivion and the recent Fallouts.

It is a lot cheaper plus i think i am going to buy the guide and that will probably give me a translation to all the words i need. The making of DVD can be really good if they do it right.

Edited by WooLy TB
wasnt blue