Achievements?

TheMarkOfPower

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping there isn't any. I feel like if they do add some, they will be something either luck-based(multiplayer achievements or relied on by RNG) or frustrating like Flawless.

Either way, I'm super excited. If there ARE achievements, then it would be weird that they aren't released yet. Most games and DLC achievements are released at LEAST a week before release.

That would be really disappointing

Developers need to take more advantage of the new achievement rules

It's those new rules that now allow developers to just add in achievements anytime they want, regardless of DLC. Titanfall is the perfect example of this, as they upped their achievement score total to 2000 with a free title update and many of those achievements involved features that had been available for weeks.

Basically, do not be surprised if Bungie simply adds them in randomly at a later date.

The content most likely came in one of the updates, most likely the last bigish one, everyone would need the added weapons and such to remain playing with those without the DLC.

As for achievements... It would have been nice but no one should assume DLC will have them and I really never thought this would get any, chances are anyone wanting the DLC just wants more reasons to play the game.

Still doesn't explain the lack of achievements.

Well, since there's actually no new content because it was already on the disc, then that should explain why there were no additional achievements.

Also, I wonder if the "Flawless Raider" achievement can be unlocked on Crota's End? It would be substantially harder considering the lowest level is 30 but I'm still a bit curious.

W.T.F. NO achievements?!?! Activision can go shove it. I bet they made Bungie release this with no achievements to see if people will still buy it.

And why was there no huge download file? So we already had all this content already this whole frickin time?!! That pisses me off more than the no achievements.

Where have you been when people have been leaking details from datamining and glitching into areas since the Beta?

I bought the Season Pass since Gamestop ended up selling me "The Dark Below", which ended up being just a $20 credit. The download for the Pass was only 100 KB, 50 of which was used for TDB. Huge download :biglaugh

Well, since there's actually no new content because it was already on the disc, then that should explain why there were no additional achievements.

Also, I wonder if the "Flawless Raider" achievement can be unlocked on Crota's End? It would be substantially harder considering the lowest level is 30 but I'm still a bit curious.

the achievement wording just says "Complete a Raid without anyone in your fireteam dying." so I would imagine that you could, as it isn't specific to Vault of Glass, or a difficulty level for that matter. My team will be going back for this on level 26 Vault of Glass once we are leveled to 32. Although for my team, the platforms will still be the end of our run lol.

Where have you been when people have been leaking details from datamining and glitching into areas since the Beta?

I bought the Season Pass since Gamestop ended up selling me "The Dark Below", which ended up being just a $20 credit. The download for the Pass was only 100 KB, 50 of which was used for TDB. Huge download :biglaugh

Are any of the glitched areas actually part of the DLC? Anyway, as some others said...I think they have been patching in bits and pieces here and there along the way instead of having a big download all at once.

What the fucking fuck?!?! I would not have bought this had I known. I am beyond fucking pissed off!!!!!!!!!

Because there aren't any achievements? No promises were made of any kind for new achievements anywhere, I don't even recall any datamined code relating to new achievements. I know this is an achievement site and all, but holy hell.

Same here. Im such an idiot, redeemed the season pass code a few days ago...

It's not like you could have returned it once you bought the code...it's basically a gift card.