Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

I'll toss in my bitching, not because I felt the need but because the thread existed! I am somewhat pissed off at the game. I bought this game for the same reason I bought most games, to play through with my wife. We love to co-op game. Sadly far too many games have co-op but tend to screw over one of the two people playing the game. We really figured a game by Bungie would be above any of the usual complaints. After all we loved Halo 3's co-op play...

However ODST started out badly immediately. Lacking any "save and quit" function like the single player mode has we initially lost half of our progress through the campaign. The save data was just lost. It was probably because I enabled a skull for our initial playthrough, and at some point realized it was still on and turned it off. That's the only reason I can gather that it would wipe our save completely. So we restart again. This time I learn to go to "end game" and that more often than not our co-op save would still be there. We manage to finish the game with only a minor problem. We ended up having to quit a level early, we came back and resumed the level... but we didn't get credit for it. Only a small ordeal, but once again we had to replay a level to get credit.

And finally, the one I'm most pissed off about at present is the audio logs. We just spent the past hour or two going through the unlocked streets to collect all 29 logs... found them all. Went to "end game" to replay another level to get the 30th log. Something that works for a solo player who has the option of "save and quit". But on co-op without that option... all 29 audio logs are erased and we're back at 0. Now we get to sit down and find all 29 audio logs again for a few hours and replay every single level in the game to get to the 30th log. This lack of polish on a game this major is astounding. I haven't played a major, "big budget" game with such a poor implementation of co-op. It's something Gears of War got right in both versions of it's game with cog tags and a wonderful co-op save system. And from what I recall they even got it right with Halo 3! This has made the entire co-op aspect of the game such a pain in the butt that I can't even tell if I actually liked the game any longer. It's just been a constant frustration.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say the vidmasters were hard i said no matchmaking made it hard to find ppl for it, and like i said already the game is to dark as in u can't see. well now i have 1000 in halo 3 and odst i can sell them. oh yea i now that i got the 1000 i say this is a good game best game ever game of the year yea go halo odst easy 1000gs.

I appear to be in the right thread. Because I hate Halo 3: ODST more than anything!!!! This game is impossible due to the fact that Campaign Mode has no co-op feature. No way out of the very first mission. Die easily within seconds. Bungie was wrong. I can never imagine how ridiculed I was upon playing this nasty piece of trash game! No one! No one! No one! No one will ever defies video game series! Bungie has indeed committed a treasonous act against the video game industry. Halo 3 ODST is now "Halo 3: Overkilled Dead Series Terminated". The end. Don't even try to make me reconsider or change my mind to go back because I won't and this is the most boring games ever. EVER! EVER!!!:uzi:

Just in time for the fireworks, Bungie.:boomBOOM! To all your future!:whs

Edited by Edelweisz

I appear to be in the right thread. Because I hate Halo 3: ODST more than anything!!!! This game is impossible due to the fact that Campaign Mode has no co-op feature. No way out of the very first mission. Die easily within seconds. Bungie was wrong. I can never imagine how ridiculed I was upon playing this nasty piece of trash game! No one! No one! No one! No one will ever defies video game series! Bungie has indeed committed a treasonous act against the video game industry. Halo 3 ODST is now "Halo 3: Overkilled Dead Series Terminated". The end. Don't even try to make me reconsider or change my mind to go back because I won't and this is the most boring games ever. EVER! EVER!!!:uzi:

Just in time for the fireworks, Bungie.:boomBOOM! To all your future!:whs

What rubbish is this?

Did you not read the other posts here in this thread? THIS GAME HAS COOP FOR CAMPAIGN AND MULTIPLAYER <_<

They were given 14 months to developt the game. Adding matchmaking would have extended it to 20. They can only do so much. don't bitch at Bungie, bitch at MS for having impossible standards and a crap understanding of the software engeineering life cycle and proper methods in software verification and validation.

This game is pretty slick and I enjoy it. It's supposed to be dark because you're in the city AT NIGHT. I'm sorry if you're scared of the dark or something but that's how things get to look like when you're at night. THINGS GET DARK.

I don't mind people complaining but sometimes people just make rubbish complaints without actually doing being properly informed or doing proper research.

What rubbish is this?

Did you not read the other posts here in this thread? THIS GAME HAS COOP FOR CAMPAIGN AND MULTIPLAYER <_<

They were given 14 months to developt the game. Adding matchmaking would have extended it to 20. They can only do so much. don't bitch at Bungie, bitch at MS for having impossible standards and a crap understanding of the software engeineering life cycle and proper methods in software verification and validation.

This game is pretty slick and I enjoy it. It's supposed to be dark because you're in the city AT NIGHT. I'm sorry if you're scared of the dark or something but that's how things get to look like when you're at night. THINGS GET DARK.

I don't mind people complaining but sometimes people just make rubbish complaints without actually doing being properly informed or doing proper research.

I have the right to bitchin' anyway of a game that I see fit, dammit! In America, we have the "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". The right to bitching anything that is useless!:mad:

And FYI, I returned the game permanently without a second thought. Screw Halo and Bungie's future is all I have to say. I now despise FPS.

I have the right to bitchin' anyway of a game that I see fit, dammit! In America, we have the "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". The right to bitching anything that is useless!:mad:

And FYI, I returned the game permanently without a second thought. Screw Halo and Bungie's future is all I have to say. I now despise FPS.

You said you couldn't get pass the first mission..........why ?? This game is incredibly easy......the first mission on normal should take you about 10 minutes....just run away from the hunters if you don't know how to snipe, beat downs or throw stickies. You shouldn't toss a game just bcuz its too hard.....it means you need to try and put more effort into it. Plus....despite ur bitching....u don't have much of a backing because you haven't bothered to complete the campaign as you suggested earlier.

Also, MICROSOFT (THE HUGE AMERICAN GIANT) is the one that owns the HALO franchise and Bungie will be making their LAST Halo game and releasing it next year and it is "Halo: REACH". In my opinion, Bungie have a decently bright future.....much like BioWare but for FPS'.

Also, I use to be crap in FPS in general (except for Goldeneye and PD) and practice has made me better but then again it is your choice on whether or not you wanna play FPS again.:p

You said you couldn't get pass the first mission..........why ?? This game is incredibly easy......the first mission on normal should take you about 10 minutes....just run away from the hunters if you don't know how to snipe, beat downs or throw stickies. You shouldn't toss a game just bcuz its too hard.....it means you need to try and put more effort into it. Plus....despite ur bitching....u don't have much of a backing because you haven't bothered to complete the campaign as you suggested earlier.

Also, MICROSOFT (THE HUGE AMERICAN GIANT) is the one that owns the HALO franchise and Bungie will be making their LAST Halo game and releasing it next year and it is "Halo: REACH". In my opinion, Bungie have a decently bright future.....much like BioWare but for FPS'.

Also, I use to be crap in FPS in general (except for Goldeneye and PD) and practice has made me better but then again it is your choice on whether or not you wanna play FPS again.:p

Agreed mate.

Also, that guy may have the right to bitch as he's a fellow American, but there's a difference between useful bitching and useless bitching, which he does a good bit of the latter.

Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. :) I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)

Yeh the soundtrack is amazing, just perfect for the game.

This is the type of guy who COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING. The fact that he struggled with the 1st mission says it all. He's the guy who always has a bad experience, but doesn't realize it's him.

It was disappointing to me because of the campaign length. I think Firefight is a fun addition and I don't really mind the matchmaking issue as I prefer to play with people I know anyways.

But it was too short, 60 bucks was a little too much to ask for. It would have been worth the money if I didn't already have Halo 3 and dropped credits for the H3 MP packs. I feel like I wasted money on those packs now and I don't really understand adding that as a 'feature' to ODST to justify the price because most likely anyone that is going buy the game this soon probably already has Halo 3 and all the download content.

But if you don't it's probably worth it.

just wished there was about 5 more hours of gameplay for campaign.

Right about the time ODST ends is about the same time that the Flood twist happens in Halo 1 (length of playing time wise). I just don't feel like Bungie put their heart into this game campaign wise.

Edited by spotshadow

Well first off i enjoy the game and think firefight is an awesome mode, however the lag and disconnecting from live has been driving me insane. Has anyone else had this problem. Every time im in a party and playing trying to get endure or just 200,000 points someone lags out or i get kicked and disconnected from live. I was just playing a game and was at like 199,400 something and me and my bro lost connection and were booted from live. Now in all the 4 or 5 years i have never had a game lag so much or get disconnected and have my internet get messed up. It is so annoying and the people im playing with def. dont enjoy it. so anyone lag a lot or randomly lose live because it aggrivates me and my friends and i just want to finish at this point

Well first off i enjoy the game and think firefight is an awesome mode, however the lag and disconnecting from live has been driving me insane. Has anyone else had this problem. Every time im in a party and playing trying to get endure or just 200,000 points someone lags out or i get kicked and disconnected from live. I was just playing a game and was at like 199,400 something and me and my bro lost connection and were booted from live. Now in all the 4 or 5 years i have never had a game lag so much or get disconnected and have my internet get messed up. It is so annoying and the people im playing with def. dont enjoy it. so anyone lag a lot or randomly lose live because it aggrivates me and my friends and i just want to finish at this point

I've seen about 100 posts on this and other websites about this issue. And all anyone ever seems to say is get a better connection, or some other such BS. I have been playing on this same connection for years as well. I was playing halo 3 competitive for like a month before this game came out. No problems whatsoever. Same thing happened to my freinds (who live within 5 miles so distance is not a problem). It has to be something with the game. Hopefully it is fixed. Even if it is not I'll still like the game. Just not nearly as much.

I've seen about 100 posts on this and other websites about this issue. And all anyone ever seems to say is get a better connection, or some other such BS. I have been playing on this same connection for years as well. I was playing halo 3 competitive for like a month before this game came out. No problems whatsoever. Same thing happened to my freinds (who live within 5 miles so distance is not a problem). It has to be something with the game. Hopefully it is fixed. Even if it is not I'll still like the game. Just not nearly as much.

Yea I had a friend who had this same problem today when we were playing with another friend on Firefight, it doesn't lag for her when she's only playing with one other person, but for more than one it does lag for her, and she's had a decent connection for Halo 3 and other games so I find it a bit frustrating the connection issues aren't fixed fully.

As for why ODSTs can't dual wield, they're not SPARTANs, they're spec ops Marines.

Yea I had a friend who had this same problem today when we were playing with another friend on Firefight, it doesn't lag for her when she's only playing with one other person, but for more than one it does lag for her, and she's had a decent connection for Halo 3 and other games so I find it a bit frustrating the connection issues aren't fixed fully.

As for why ODSTs can't dual wield, they're not SPARTANs, they're spec ops Marines.

Even when I play with one person it messes up off and on. Also, since at no point in time does their or my voice lag in the XBL party I do not see how it can be a issue with our connections.

And yes they're not Spartans, but also they wanted to make the game more like H1. Health packs, fall damage, decent pistol, no dual-wielding. There's probably more I'm missing.

You can say whatever you want. But when there's no merit to it. No one listens or cares. And I'm glad you're done with FPS cause judging by your comments you're one of those people that ruin games for everyone anyway.

I think it might have to do with the connection of one of your party members. I been playing with a group I always play with and we have ZERO lag issues. I tried playing with someone else the other day and we lag out in 5 minutes...we figured it was him.