Was Ninja Gaiden 3 just a beta or something?

a7x4lyf3

Apparently Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for the Wii-U, has 6 weapons, 3 types of Ninpo, limb dismemberment, and a new character progression level where you can actually upgrade the strength of your hp? Wtf did Team Ninja do, make us pay 60 dollars for for a friggin beta of a game that's not even going to be on Xbox? The only way this will be even near acceptable is if they add all of this content onto Ninja Gaiden 3 as DLC, which is not gonna happen, so I love how Team Ninja just basically kicked their Xbox 360 and Ps3 fans right in the face...

Edited by a7x4lyf3

Disappointing, but I can't say I'm surprised. It strains the mind that they didn't include all those things as standard let alone offer it as dlc. Also, it does seem as though they did treat NG3 as a beta, listened to all the complaints like lack of weapons, ninpo etc, and then put together a final version for new customers. It's most likely down to profit but it does feel like I'm being treated like a guinea pig for a game to be tested on rather than a valued customer for whom quality should be ensured at the outset.

Surely it would have been easy to determine that people would want more weapons, ninpo and character customisation than what is currently being offered. This leads me to wonder what the hell they are thinking by treating long-term fans of the franchise like this.

There probably was a similar reaction to the previous enhanced Ninja Gaiden games however, those games were still very good even without any enhancements. The quality of NG3 is, however, not as good as its predecessors so more effort should have been put into the game to make up for any of the shortfalls. In my eyes the improvements being made on NG3 for the Wii is disproportionate to the improvements made on past Ninja Gaiden games.

Thing that makes me angry is they could easily give Ninja Gaiden 3 a Title Update and make it exactly as Razor's Edge if not at least what Razor's Edge has and the dismemberment, but we all know they're not going to do it...

"Easily" might be overstating it a little. Dismemberment alone would take completely redoing the work with the modeling to give Ryu new animations and give the enemies animations as well for the removal of their limbs, plus new attacks for them to do once they've lost those limbs, and then new dialogue for all the enemies from them reacting to losing their limbs.

Plus they would need to increase the difficulty because lost limbs=OTs being activatable all the time=clearing rooms much faster. Not to mention a complete revamp of the Ninpo system due to the addition of new Ninpos. That's a lot to fit into one patch, and the limb part is anything but easy.

Ok well you're right, it may not be very easy, I suppose I just said that out of anger cause I feel incredibly cheated especially since I bought the collector's edition... Feels like I spent 100 dollars on an unfinished game, but the fact of the matter is that they could still make this happen for us, but the other fact is that they are not going too... Because they have completely just said "Ninja Gaiden 3 for xbox and ps3? Lol, fuck that game, we're done with it."

Did you have this same reaction when both Sigma games were released? Especially 2, which was a glitchy and poorly coded mess even after they patched it until almost a year later? (how many of us remember having to play it offline in version 1.0 mode due to the gamebreaking error?) Suddenly these PS3 owners get three new characters, new weapons, new bosses, and more balanced gameplay, while we're left floating in the wind.

That's the thing though, Ninja Gaiden 2 for the xbox 360 was just so enjoyable, I had no complaints. Gameplay was fun, there really weren't all that many glitches, the game was good and needed nothing added onto it except co-op would have been nice but besides that I wasn't bothered with sigmas release. 3 however needs some serious work with the bosses lag attacking so you can't stun them, the enemies teleporting out of your izuna drop, we had to freakin pay for our 2 extra weapons and still there's only 3 of them total, only 1 ninpo that can't even kill enemies on master ninja when a lvl 3 void in 2 would clear a whole fucking group in it's path no matter the difficulty, and this really didn't bug me much of course but the limb dismemberment is absent and now present in the same game but for a different console, to top it all off they didn't even give us Dragon's claw and tiger's fang/ Blade of the archfiend. The problem here is when sigma 2 was released there were tiny things it had we didn't, that's fine. The difference here? Razor's Edge has EVERYTHING we don't for the price of a standard game. You see why this is such a big deal now?

I'm only surprised about the fact that the Wii-U version is now going to be miles better than the xbox and ps3... I'm surprised that Hayashi chose to cherish Nintendo this time around instead of Sony. I just hope that sometime in the future they title update it... I don't wanna go out and buy a wii-u just to fully enjoy a game I should have been able to 3 months ago. Also the fact that the Ninja Gaiden's no longer have multiple developers and it's just hayashi responsible for them now is no longer an excuse to not give xbox and ps3 the same treatment, Itagaki always made the xbox version and hayashi ps3 and both games were different in ways, but now it's only Hayashi so I don't get why he'd wanna make one game different from the other if you kind of understand what I'm trying to say here even though I explained it very poorly, maybe he just had a change of heart but this is the worst possible time to do so... lol

Edited by a7x4lyf3

I'd assume that it's not like it was a big plot where he decided to support the WiiU. it's possible that he updated it base on all the negative press. You may want them to update the game for xbox/ps but the fact is that such a complete title overhaul would call for at least 30 dollars to update. And no one is willing to pay that much for a C+ action game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I second Foxhound, there's always going to be a better version, if not an upgraded version of Ninja Gaiden.

Anyways, I've been looking at WiiU's pre-order games and the average price tag is $99 -_-

I seriously doubt Wii U games will cost more than the usual $60....

OT, Namco Bandai did the same thing with Tales of Vesperia too. Always bugs me when game companies try to make us buy 12 copies of the same game ( and the same goes for DVD/Blu-Ray movies )...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you piss ass "team ninja" bastard wtf are you thinking we 360/ps3 fans have been asking u to make new weapons for so long now but u give it too the damn nintendo?? have u fuking lost it its bad enuff i couldnt get my damn vigoorian flails now we cant have those either like i spent 60 dollars on ng3 and it sucked im a huge fan of 1 and 2 but 3 is garbage u dissapointd alot of people u should just kept your ideas youre more like team rookie i coulda craped out a beta game so congratulations douchebags

That what happens when you fire the Original Creator ,the legendary Tomunobu Itagaki....

Team Ninja made a good job with Dead or Alive 5 ,because they listened to the fans this time.

With NG3 they didn`t listened to the fans, look at this:

http://n4g.com/news/1090586/team-ninja-was-shocked-by-reaction-to-ninja-gaiden-iii

Team Ninja you made a mistake with not listening to the Ninja Gaiden Fans...but you even dissapoint us more with making Razors Edge only for Nintendo...thats so fucking stupid.

You could have made a Sigma Edition of this game for all 3 consoles.

The reason why they probably didnt`t release it on Xbox360 and PS3 is, because most of the people are dissappointed and maybe they didn`t sell so much copies as they expected...

Nintendo Players don`t know about Ninja Gaiden 3 so they couldn`t be dissappointed ( i mean they couldn`t play it before) , maybe thats why they released it for Nintendo.

They were probably like: " Ok we dissappointed XBox360 and PS3 players but we can suprise Nintendo players with this awesome game (Razors Edge), they would buy it because we learned from our mistakes and made a better version of this game"

I don`t know man...i just know that i am pretty pissed off that XBox360 and PS3 Players don`t get anything but the beta Version of this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for the Wii-U, has 6 weapons, 3 types of Ninpo, limb dismemberment, and a new character progression level where you can actually upgrade the strength of your hp? Wtf did Team Ninja do, make us pay 60 dollars for for a friggin beta of a game that's not even going to be on Xbox? The only way this will be even near acceptable is if they add all of this content onto Ninja Gaiden 3 as DLC, which is not gonna happen, so I love how Team Ninja just basically kicked their Xbox 360 and Ps3 fans right in the face...

I was gutted when i played 3 such a waste i only played the demo but i see wht other people had put turned me rite off

• 1 month later...

Calling the 360/PS3 version of NG3 a beta test is being charitable. The Wii U version of NG3 Razor's Edge actually looks quite good, but I'm not buying a Wii U just for that, that's ridiculous.

If they put out a NG3 Sigma version for the 360 that looks like Razor's Edge, with a GOOD fighting system, Ayane, an upgrade system, multiple weapons, delimbing, OTs and UTs, and ditches the stupid QTEs (or at least has WAY less of them), I'd get that. If it doesn't hit my complete checklist that's OK but that's the kind of upgrade it would take.

I'm not going to keep myself from enjoying a NG3 on the 360 just out of spite about the original release. But I will definitely be more cautious about any future NG series release, and wait for it to be released to see how it plays first before getting it. They missed badly with the original NG3 release. I had some doubts which is why I didn't pre-order the Collector's edition, but it wasn't even worth getting the normal one. Halfway through the game, I turned on Hero mode not because it was difficult but because I just wanted to finish with it as fast as possible and never look at it again.

• 1 month later...