Game is Not Saving

Anyone else have this problem? It hasn't happened before the dashboard update, but now I've tested it once, didn't save. Then deleted all data of the game, played the first level, didn't save. All I can say is I'm not to happy because I was gonna start actually playing this. :(

Anyone else running into this problem?

Edited by Veterancodplayer

Anyone else have this problem? It hasn't happened before the dashboard update, but now I've tested it once, didn't save. Then deleted all data of the game, played the first level, didn't save. All I can say is I'm not to happy because I was gonna start actually playing this. :(

Anyone else running into this problem?

YES! My friend and I just discovered this. Where should we post to have this resolved ASAP? They essentially nuked the value of the game we bought by doing this.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After about an hour of testing I found out the game loads up fine if you're offline.

So that's the solution. Pull your ethernet cord and don't look back.

I hope this helps someone.

Edit: I thought I would get cute after I finished my initial play-through and see if I could go online to do my hard run. As soon as I loaded the game up it failed to recognize my save, so I turned the console off and pulled the ethernet cord. The save then did not work offline. Luckily I made a back-up on my usb stick and I'm able to play again on hard, still it has to be offline. One of the strangest glitches I have ever seen.

Edited by newbsicle

• 3 weeks later...
After about an hour of testing I found out the game loads up fine if you're offline.

So that's the solution. Pull your ethernet cord and don't look back.

I hope this helps someone.

Edit: I thought I would get cute after I finished my initial play-through and see if I could go online to do my hard run. As soon as I loaded the game up it failed to recognize my save, so I turned the console off and pulled the ethernet cord. The save then did not work offline. Luckily I made a back-up on my usb stick and I'm able to play again on hard, still it has to be offline. One of the strangest glitches I have ever seen.

You weren't kidding, the damn game only saves when you pull out the Internet, I've never heard of anything like this happening before. Seems to have happened to more then a few of us though, judging by how many people on TA have gotten this game's achievements offline.

These will be my first achievements without a date by them, bah.

Edited by Earthbound_X

Damnit! I accidentally loading up Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 while connected to the Internet! It didn't even need to try to find the saves to erase them all, even though the saves are still in my HDD.

Screw you Activision for publishing a game with a broken save system.

Now I have to complete the entire story mode again to unlock the damn second Trek, I was so damn close to be done!

I can't even freaking skip the cutscenes...

Edited by Earthbound_X

• 1 year later...