Is 'Was it Worth it' impossible?

eastx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering you "lost count"...

I know I had 74 attempts. The chances are STILL 6.25% of getting a 4th negative die roll. It doesn't change because you attempted it more times.

"After 3 misses you will ALWAYS roll a 4,5, or 6.

The odds of this are occurring are: .0000000298" <- That is not correct.

2*2*2*2=16 The probability of 4 negatives is 1/16 = 6.25%

".0000000298% is the chance for 25 sequential successes with out a single failure" <-- This isn't either. You have 2 too many zeros.

2^25 = 33554432 so the probability for 25 sequential successes is 1/33554432 = .00000298%

Edit*

I think I know what you were trying to say but worded it poorly.

The chances of 25 sequential successes is stated above, but the chance to go into a single attempt of 4 negatives in a row is still 6.25%. You cannot just pluck that 4th die roll out of the equation, slap on that you did it 25 times and call it a true calculation of your attempts.

Each and every time you throw the die there is still a 50/50 chance. Throwing out all the other die rolls is not correct. I can also turn it around and say in actuality you threw 100 die rolls and 25 of them were positive. So it was actually 25% of the time you threw positive. The probability of 25/25 is again stated above but you aren't throwing 25, you were throwing 100.

What sucks is that none of those odds really matter if all of the rolls are predetermined, like others are saying...

I have managed to get this achievement. I just kept trying and eventually I managed to get the required rolls. I was playing in survival horror mode (not sure if that makes a difference).

do you remember how many hearts and bullets you had?

do you remember how many hearts and bullets you had?

Nope I don't remember. I didn't realise there were any issues surrounding this achievement at the time, so I wasn't paying particular attention to exactly how I did it.

The only other thing I can think of is that I was on a train when it unlocked, so I might have been disconnected from XBL. It's a longshot that this might make a difference, but I can't think of anything else I have done differently to what you guys are trying.

at last i have this at the 2nd attempt, 1st one did not unlock achievment.

i was in the hospital for 30 mins just facing zombies in generated town with 2 human players. i had 4 hearts and lost 3 and used bullets on the last one.

each time i lost 3 hearts and on the last one and i would get a 4+ i would quit the game and load the save game again, instead of fighting the zombie again i would skip my turn. i did this over and over till i got the achievement

at last i have this at the 2nd attempt, 1st one did not unlock achievment.

i was in the hospital for 30 mins just facing zombies in generated town with 2 human players. i had 4 hearts and lost 3 and used bullets on the last one.

each time i lost 3 hearts and on the last one and i would get a 4+ i would quit the game and load the save game again, instead of fighting the zombie again i would skip my turn. i did this over and over till i got the achievement

how did you quit and load your save. when i quit it doesnt go back to where i saved.

how did you quit and load your save. when i quit it doesnt go back to where i saved.

You put your phone on stand-by (turn the screen off), or hit the Windows button to go back to the main menu and when your boot up the game it will be back at the very beginning of your turn again.

You put your phone on stand-by (turn the screen off), or hit the Windows button to go back to the main menu and when your boot up the game it will be back at the very beginning of your turn again.

when i do both it doesnt work. ive been pulling my battery but thats getting annoying. i have the focus.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the 2-player fight/fail/reload/skip turn/re-fight method for almost 100 rounds no. No go. Is anyone else seeing this working for them? do you need to be offline (ie: no wifi, no data signal) for some reason?

Or have we heard any more back from the company about this cheevo?

Hey Guys, I had some troubles too with this achievement, but I finaly had got it !

I just followed this guide :

http://www.trueachievements.com/a78882/was-it-worth-it-achievement.htm

It took me maybe 2 or 3 hours to get it.

Before going in the hospital, I had 5 hearts, the medikit already in game, the card "the keys are still in it" and 3 bullets.

You HAVE to play "The keys are still in it" before your turn, because I think that without it, the achievement is IMPOSSIBLE, or you may be VERY lucky !

This card add a roll to the dice. For exemple, If you play without it and you roll a 1, a 2 and finally a 6, you have done 3 rolls. But if you have played the card, you will roll a 1, a number between 1 and 3, a 2 and finaly a 6. That makes 4 rolls instead of 3.

Good Luck if you try it, have fun !

(Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French)

• 2 months later...

Been working on this for a while using the attempt/reload/skip/attempt cycle and am seeing no progress. Have tried the "The keys are still in it" methode as well without progress. Anyone able to confirm it's working fine? or have a timeframe on the game update?

• 4 weeks later...
This achievement is doing my head in. It is as bad as roll 3 double sizes in monopoly wp7. played that for 36 hrs trying until I gave up.

OT: For Monopoly, if you get a doubles, roll again. If you don't get a doubles hit the windows button before your piece starts to move, then resume the game and you can try that 2nd roll again. When you get 2 doubles, repeat for the 3rd. It should take you like 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...