Cherokee Difficulty open immediately

xvx Foot xvx

Hey All,

Just picked up Prey last night for some cheap fun/achievements (it was 3.99). I noticed when I popped the disc in that Cherokee difficulty is already unlocked (the game also had an update when I first put it in). I know others have had this happen too. Does anyone know if I play through this on Cherokee will the normal achievement unlock also? I checked one person's profile that asked the same thing and it looked like the achievements unlocked on different days, so I'm thinking no, but I was looking for confirmation. Push comes to shove if no one knows I'll test it myself.

-foot

:wtf I don't know that's fucking weird. I just started Prey a few days ago but I could not play on Cherokee my first time. Funny, I come across this post as this is my last achievement in the game left to get. Either way I would believe it as there are quite a few strange glitches in Prey most of them however affect being able to finish a level.

I wouldn't worry if you can't play on it. Mainly, because the only REAL semi-challenge in the game is figuring out which way to go and puzzles some are straight forward others not so much. By the time you play a second time you can really breeze through the maps. I could still toggle the difficulty setting but after pressing :abut: a message would come up saying I had to play the game on normal first.

Ah anyhow good luck.

Edited by Joeplay201

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank God for this thread.

I played and beat this game back when it first released but didn't do Cherokee. So I figured I would finish it off today but lost my original save file. It said resume, so I tried that but it just made me start on normal. I was about 5 levels in when I decided to check here. I seen this and saved my game ASAP and went to new game and there it was CHEROKEE.

I'm so glad because even though its been years I didn't want to have to play through this twice just to get it done making for a total of 3 times.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just a heads up, I grabbed this on the GonD summer sale and was able to start on Cherokee, after I finished I received the "Galactic Hero" achievement, then on a whim I replayed the last chapter and after the credits I went threw the portal and the Normal one went off. So no they don't stack, but that was how I got both achievements.