How, exactly, are optional objectives tallied?

After completing the second mission - the one in Tanzania - I let Alaska load up. I backed out to the menu after all the saving and loading to make sure the game captured everything I did in Tanzania. I got the optional objective: kill 5 lions within 30 minutes. After the scene at the camp and the fulfillment of the primary objective, the mission ends. However, after getting back out to the menu and checking my career progress, it says that I do not have any optional objectives completed.

No, I did not make a mistake - the game told me I had completed the optional one. Is this screen not the right place to look to check? It doesn't make sense for it to be anywhere else.

• 2 months later...

The screen I was referring to doesn't display everything it should. There are only certain optional missions that count as optional missions in that menu. Stupid as fuck, yes, but that's how it is. The only way around this issue is to continue to pay attention to what's required in the mission and what you've done already. At least, while in the mission, it's pretty easy to tell if you've met requirements.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue. I have completed the career mode on normal. For each mission, I fulfilled each objective (as far as I can tell... I obtained the related mission achievements for all of them). Yet I am told that I only have 8 out of 9 secondary objectives... and I also have only 6 out of 7 items unlocked.

From what I understand, you only get the mission achievements for completing *every* objective in a mission, so I don't have a clue what I have done wrong. I was *always* checking the objectives screen mid mission to be sure that I wasn't missing something.

A glitch, perhaps? But that missing item really worries me. Do any of the action zones unlock items?

Any info much appreciated, as I don't fancy plugging through the action zones just to find that I don't get the completionist achievement.

• 1 month later...
I am having a similar issue. I have completed the career mode on normal. For each mission, I fulfilled each objective (as far as I can tell... I obtained the related mission achievements for all of them). Yet I am told that I only have 8 out of 9 secondary objectives... and I also have only 6 out of 7 items unlocked.

From what I understand, you only get the mission achievements for completing *every* objective in a mission, so I don't have a clue what I have done wrong. I was *always* checking the objectives screen mid mission to be sure that I wasn't missing something.

A glitch, perhaps? But that missing item really worries me. Do any of the action zones unlock items?

Any info much appreciated, as I don't fancy plugging through the action zones just to find that I don't get the completionist achievement.

Bumpin' this cuz I'm having... or HAD the same issue. Beat the game and had 8/9 done, complete waste of time....

• 7 months later...
After completing the second mission - the one in Tanzania - I let Alaska load up. I backed out to the menu after all the saving and loading to make sure the game captured everything I did in Tanzania. I got the optional objective: kill 5 lions within 30 minutes. After the scene at the camp and the fulfillment of the primary objective, the mission ends. However, after getting back out to the menu and checking my career progress, it says that I do not have any optional objectives completed.

No, I did not make a mistake - the game told me I had completed the optional one. Is this screen not the right place to look to check? It doesn't make sense for it to be anywhere else.

It probably took more time for you to make this topic than it does to load up tanzania and do it again .

• 1 year later...
Bumpin' this cuz I'm having... or HAD the same issue. Beat the game and had 8/9 done, complete waste of time....

I have the same issue. Is it just a bug on the screen? Don't want to do all the Action Zones if the 100% isn't going to pop lol. But don't want to go through the story again. UGH!